The Final Dash - Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SinghYid

Just Do It
_55510805_3449521_stoke_tottenham_v1a.jpg

This is it ... the second last game of the season, and this could be yet even a bigger one.

Tottenham plays in a ground that is known for producing rough and tough football; a ground known for upsetting many visitors.

But we know what it means to dare is to do. Right???

While both our rivals play teams that are desperate to remain in the top flight, all we have to do is win and pray.

Let's hope Wigan, Newcastle, and Villa can do us a favor.

This game will be ugly, but I hope that we will produce some magic as we did in the past and return home as victors!

Bale-Goal-v-Stoke.gif

My team:
Siggy deserves himself a start. He has that drive and passion that I am really warming up to.
BAE is getting better, but we may add another CB for height.
Ade also deserves another start, and he will be able to handle the tough defense.
Most likely Dembele will be back.
Finally the question is whether Parker of Thudd starts...

Hugo
Walker, Daws, Caulks, Verts
Dembele, Parker
Lennon, Bale, Siggy
Ade

That goal reminds me of one i potted on a beach in the Dominican Republic. Sadly no bugger other than one of my mates was about to see it, i still tell my missus about it. Is that wrong?

I hope Benny gets a game again, im not his biggest fan (nor do i think hes shite) but we should stick with the same back four. Other big sides dont go to stoke and put a centrehalf at left back just cos its them? If THud plays he does that "size" job for you at set pieces.

Stoke have lost 4 at home this season out of 18 games. Those losses were to chelsea spammers villa and man united. Rule out villa and spammers as shit vs shit random results. People say they're getting a bit ahit now but that's still a proper challenge, given this is a must win for us.

AVB will set up for the aerial bollocks they will provide. Vertonghen at left back, Caulker in for BAE.

Sig will start, probably for Holtby.

Hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee game.

A blend of the two would be ideal, for a chance of taking the lead and killing the game off.

"Score early, score again, don't concede and then score again to kill the game off" is hardly 'tactics' though.......it's just having comfortably the best team in the world.

Not sure even Barca or Bayern are afforded that luxury.

"Score early, score again, don't concede and then score again to kill the game off" is hardly 'tactics' though.......it's just having comfortably the best team in the world.

Not sure even Barca or Bayern are afforded that luxury.

Of corse not just that, i know Tactically speaking there is more too it than "score/defend/score" e

But in theory isn't that what everyone is trying to do in their own way.

Walker Dawson Caulker Vert
Dembele Holtby
Bale Sigurdsson Lennon
Ade

I would like to see that lineup. I imagine Andre will go for Parker instead of Holtby, and that's fair enough I suppose, you can argue that his scrappy nature will come in handy away at Stoke. But I think it's worth giving Holtby a try in the deeper position to see what he can do, and I think Siggy is our best choice for that number 10 position behind the centre forward. And Bale and Lennon can alternate their positions as they see fit. Vertonghen to LB and Caulker in at CB for the added security at set pieces, because we clearly need it.

We have to win well here: Levy :) will offer the players a 5% discount at the club diner !!

Of corse not just that, i know Tactically speaking there is more too it than "score/defend/score" e

But in theory isn't that what everyone is trying to do in their own way.

Unfortunately not, most teams play for draws a lot of the time - we often lose to them trying to win....

Back
Top Bottom