The Guardian - world's 100 best footballers in 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane being 15 will annoy a couple of posters on here.

topplayers.png

Kane being 15 will annoy a couple of posters on here.

topplayers.png
I read this earlier today and there were a few negative comments below the line about Kane being so high.
Besides his England performances and goals in 2021, Kane has scored 26 goals for Spurs in 2021 with two more games to go.

.....Can I add Lukaku being ahead of Kane to this debate too?

He’s ahead of a few he shouldn’t be.

Very good season in a subpar Serie A, meh Euro’s and rubbish start at Chelsea. Hardly 11th best player in Europe material.

Kane I can understand, obviously had a fantastic 20/21 league wise but we flopped in the EL, his Euros was okay but not great, and he’s been awful this season.

Mbappe great in Ligue 1, good in CL but awful Euros.. far as I’m aware decent start to this season? Hard to tell when he plays in that league..

I read this earlier today and there were a few negative comments below the line about Kane being so high.
Besides his England performances and goals in 2021, Kane has scored 26 goals for Spurs in 2021 with two more games to go.
Goals for england and top prem league scorer should see him higher but hey hes ot world class so what i know. All the players ahead of him scored against the top teams in europe

He’s ahead of a few he shouldn’t be.

Very good season in a subpar Serie A, meh Euro’s and rubbish start at Chelsea. Hardly 11th best player in Europe material.

Last season at Inter obviously did his rep a lot of good, but I remain unconvinced that he's a particularly good footballer and don't expect him to be the conclusive answer to the Chavs striker concerns.

Kane I can understand, obviously had a fantastic 20/21 league wise but we flopped in the EL, his Euros was okay but not great, and he’s been awful this season.

Yeh, his own positioning is fair enough in isolation; especially as it's year rather than season (which always seems so arbitrary).

Mbappe great in Ligue 1, good in CL but awful Euros.. far as I’m aware decent start to this season? Hard to tell when he plays in that league..

Still hard to see the true player through all the hype and Ligue Une stat-padding..... He's crap more often than not when I've seen him.

Kane had a good season last season, golden boot and golden smile (is there a name for the most assists?). And then he had a good tournament leading England to the final. I don’t see why he shouldn’t be around the top 20 or the top 10 for 2021

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom