The "I'm a student and I need help with my dissertation" thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My name is James I am season ticket holder and have been for over 21 years. I am also a university student who is in the process of collecting data for my dissertation on SAFE STANDING. Please take 1 minute to answer this short 11 question survey.

>>>>>>> Introduction

Last edited:
Done...

And I would kill to see standing back at Football grounds.. The atmosphere would improve massively..

Although would be fun to see them all standing in the Olympic Stadium, you'd have to remove the Meccanno chairs and everyone could stand on the running track..

Yes!!!

Edit: James22 Hello, very much a fan of safe standing myself, was just wondering who's conducting the survey and what will be done with the results etc.

Cheers.

My names James, I am a university student who is using this data alongside conducting interviews with individuals from the footballing world for my dissertation. I'm an advocate for safe standing and I'd love to see it introduced in English football and I believe that many others do too.

You should have stated in full the reason for your survey in the first post.

Thank you for your comment, I have added that in the description prior to the survey questions, however I have left out my view on safe standing as I do not wish to create any sort of bias.

Trouble with this safe standing is it still has a seat. So, I doubt the clubs would lower prices much.
Still a fan of it and would love it to be introduced, but I can't see it being the bargain some may think it will be.

All done mate.

All for safe standing in English football. Most stadiums have a section of fans who stand for the full 90 'unsafely', most of the south lower is standing and usually all away fans are on their feet too. Surely its in every clubs interest to provide those fans with the option of safe standing. At least that way it becomes easier to steward those standing in a seated area. Just my opinion but I'm sure the majority of the Park Lane would agree.

I'm now of an age where I can't manage to stand for a couple of hours before a game, which I used to do. to get up to the front of the shelf. However if I have an allocated area so I would only be standing when the game is being played, I'd be up for standing - as long as I didn't have some lanky beanpole in front of me!!

A row of handstanding should be introduced, as you see through the peoples legs in front of you, and the person behind can see through your legs.

Hi guys,

I'm in my final year of university and have chosen my topic of research for my dissertation as:

'An analysis into the business, transfer and management decisions of Tottenham Hotspur over the past decade.'

I will essentially be discussing the clubs decision making over the past ten years by looking at each individual season and evaluating transfers made by the club, fees paid, changes of management ect. I will also examine the club’s decision to build a new stadium and training centre. Finally, the revenue generated through TV deals, sponsorship will also be discussed as well as the annual accounts.

I would really appreciate some help on finding any information for my data collection including articles, columns, essays ect as I'm struggling at the minute.

Thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom