The "I'm a student and I need help with my dissertation" thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi there,

My girlfriend is currently doing her Urban Planning Masters dissertation on emotional attachments to football stadiums, with Spurs one of her case studies.

The recent move to the new stadium is something she is looking at, along with the stadium moves of West Ham and another London club that won't be name on here! It takes a few minutes to complete, but any responses are greatly appreciated: Football Supporter's Emotional Attachment to their Home Stadium

For info, we're both Hibs fans from Edinburgh. All the best for the season ahead and thanks in advance for anyone who completes the survey for her.

Happily completed...hope it all goes well.

Hi there,

My girlfriend is currently doing her Urban Planning Masters dissertation on emotional attachments to football stadiums, with Spurs one of her case studies.

The recent move to the new stadium is something she is looking at, along with the stadium moves of West Ham and another London club that won't be name on here! It takes a few minutes to complete, but any responses are greatly appreciated: Football Supporter's Emotional Attachment to their Home Stadium

For info, we're both Hibs fans from Edinburgh. All the best for the season ahead and thanks in advance for anyone who completes the survey for her.
Done, good luck to her

I’ve had a couple of turn outs at the old white hart lane, but I still feel more comfortable crapping in my own house
You're now part of the flooring in the new WHL. I trod on you :)

q1oCnVn.jpg

Hi all!

I'm currently conducting a piece of academic research as part of a degree at the University of Oxford, and it concerns the relationship between security and atmosphere at the new Tottenham Stadium.

As part of this research, I have created an online survey aimed at Spurs fans who've visited the stadium. It should only take 5 minutes to complete, and all your responses are completely anonymised, so there's no personal risk to you.

In the long-term, this study will hopefully be used to shed light on the implications of security measures at new stadia (an issue which perhaps concerns many of you).

Below is the link to the online survey. Thank you very much in advance, and any responses would be really appreciated! This should form a significant part of my research so please do get involved, it doesn't take long and would be a huge help!

Last edited:
Hi all!

I'm currently conducting a piece of academic research as part of a degree at the University of Oxford, and it concerns the relationship between security and atmosphere at the new Tottenham Stadium.

As part of this research, I have created an online survey aimed at Spurs fans who've visited the stadium. It should only take 5 minutes to complete, and all your responses are completely anonymised, so there's no personal risk to you.

In the long-term, this study will hopefully be used to shed light on the implications of security measures at new stadia (an issue which perhaps concerns many of you).

Below is the link to the online survey. Thank you very much in advance, and any responses would be really appreciated! This should form a significant part of my research so please do get involved, it doesn't take long and would be a huge help!

How is your experience at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium influenced by its security?
What's your degree?

And 'stadia'? Maybe it's correct in Latin, but we're not in Latland are we? We're in England. It's 'stadiums' ffs.

What's your degree?

And 'stadia'? Maybe it's correct in Latin, but we're not in Latland are we? We're in England. It's 'stadiums' ffs.

Geography!

Re the 'stadia' point, I actually discussed this with my supervisor and I fully agree with you! My issue is that 'academia' remains fairly stuffy and proper in that sense, so better safe than sorry :)

Geography!

Re the 'stadia' point, I actually discussed this with my supervisor and I fully agree with you! My issue is that 'academia' remains fairly stuffy and proper in that sense, so better safe than sorry :)
You passed the test - I'll do your survey.

Oxford doing Geography? Blimey.

Hi all!

Done.

Hi guys, new member here! I'm a Sevilla FC fan and I'm doing a survey about LaLiga and its brand perception in the UK for my thesis.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could fill in this quick form and help this young student. Thanks!!

Hi guys, new member here! I'm a Sevilla FC fan and I'm doing a survey about LaLiga and its brand perception in the UK for my thesis.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could fill in this quick form and help this young student. Thanks!!

Fuck off, pendejo.

Don't understand why you need my bank account details, pin number, passport number and National Insurance number ?? and that's only page 2 😎

Hi all,

Hope you are keeping well during these strange times - and looking forward to the season resuming next week! (Apologies for the intrusion and/or if this is not the right place to have posted).

I am carrying out some research for my Master's dissertation at Loughborough University and, as part of my study, I am very interested in all of your opinions around the decision and effects of replacing Mauricio Pochettino with Jose Mourinho in November.

I've personalised the survey - it is entirely focused around Poch and Jose - so allows you to just talk about Spurs, which I'm sure you won't complain about!

It would be a massive help if you could spare just 5-10 minutes to complete it - there are only 14 multiple-choice questions, so it shouldn't take too long! - and you don't have to provide any details, so all of your answers will be anonymous.

Survey link:
If you have any questions at all, please let me know - any responses I can get for the survey would be very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Mark.

Hi all,

Hope you are keeping well during these strange times - and looking forward to the season resuming next week! (Apologies for the intrusion and/or if this is not the right place to have posted).

I am carrying out some research for my Master's dissertation at Loughborough University and, as part of my study, I am very interested in all of your opinions around the decision and effects of replacing Mauricio Pochettino with Jose Mourinho in November.

I've personalised the survey - it is entirely focused around Poch and Jose - so allows you to just talk about Spurs, which I'm sure you won't complain about!

It would be a massive help if you could spare just 5-10 minutes to complete it - there are only 14 multiple-choice questions, so it shouldn't take too long! - and you don't have to provide any details, so all of your answers will be anonymous.

Survey link:
If you have any questions at all, please let me know - any responses I can get for the survey would be very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Mark.

Sorry, the survey you tried to access could not be found.

Please note that the web addresses on this site are case-sensitive. If you included any capital letters in the web address, please try entering it again in lower case.

If you followed a link in an email, please check that the link has not been split over two lines, or partially deleted. If necessary, copy the link into a text editor (such as Notepad), correct any errors and then paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

If the URL you have been provided with contains an error please inform the person that sent you the URL.

Are you a survey author?

If you are a survey author and are seeing this message instead of your survey then please make sure you have launched your survey.

Hi all,

Survey link:

Best regards,

Mark.
How lucky that you found this thread...

Back
Top Bottom