The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think you can play football in empty stadiums without fans for a whole season. Club football is for the fans . You need the atmosphere, the home and away fans, the rivalry between supporters, pre match analysis by expert fans including Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman , the beers, the doughnuts, chick king. Celebrations of your team scoring a goal, jumping up and down like a 5 year old and the climax of winning a match are part of a football match. It's been a while since Spurs won a trophy so I can't comment on that.

I bet the PL will find a solution, synthesisers in stadiums!

Last edited:
This crap about playing at neutral grounds is totally unacceptable.
How is it fair that teams don't get home advantage in equal number of games.
It's all so the candle burners can win the league.
Void it now fuck the bin dippers

I don't think you can play football in empty stadiums without fans for a whole season. Club football is for the fans . You need the atmosphere, the home and away fans, the rivalry between supporters, pre match analysis by expert fans including Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman , the beers, the doughnuts, chick king. Celebrations of your team scoring a goal, jumping up and down like a 5 year old and the climax of winning a match are part of a football match.

You forgot VAR! :freundgoal:

Not sure why it was deleted.

This is the one that replaced it I think.............

What a fucking nonsense.

They're blatantly all just kicking back and drinking whiskey....

"Ere' Gordon what if we got all the players to wear red noses? Maybe the public would receive it in the same spirit as Comic Relief day and start donating cash.... That way we could make up for the lockdown shortfall the clubs have suffered....?"

At some point the world will have to decide whether it goes back to normal or whether it changes forever.
Sport will suffer in the latter and Spurs, having just blown a billion quid probably more than anyone else.

Worldwide lockdown has probably changed the way every country reacts to disease outbreaks forever. Social distancing measures will likely happen more often and this will continue to impact sport.

Covid19 is far from the first instance of an outbreak and it won't be the last.

If the season finishes by playing at neutral grounds with 30 minute halves and extra substitutes with no supporters present...are you even playing football at that point?

Back
Top Bottom