The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That hasn't been decided - the relegation threatened teams were very against neutral venues

The biggest hurdle imo to finishing the season is getting the teams to agree to the format
I'm completely opposed to neutral venues, think it totally undermines whatever integrity of the season is remaining though I do understand the safety aspect and if it saves lives then OK (although obviously some people might urgently need to come to the area to test their eyesight...)
...and I hate the thought of Woolwich coming to ours and getting a result in our first NLD at NWHL helped by no crowd (like to think even the biggest tourists might help us out for that one...)
What's the betting that if crowds can return part way through 2020/21 we'll have already played our home NLD empty and they get theirs OK...

I'm completely opposed to neutral venues, think it totally undermines whatever integrity of the season is remaining though I do understand the safety aspect and if it saves lives then OK (although obviously some people might urgently need to come to the area to test their eyesight...)
...and I hate the thought of Woolwich coming to ours and getting a result in our first NLD at NWHL helped by no crowd (like to think even the biggest tourists might help us out for that one...)
What's the betting that if crowds can return part way through 2020/21 we'll have already played our home NLD empty and they get theirs OK...
Tell you what, if the relegated teams finish very close to those surviving and their fixtures were meant to have a significant home advantage comparatively - there'll be lawsuits.

Tell you what, if the relegated teams finish very close to those surviving and their fixtures were meant to have a significant home advantage comparatively - there'll be lawsuits.

It's unlikely to get to that stage. If all clubs are at neutral venues; it doesn't provide a significant unfair advantage.

Those clubs that get relegated will be in financial turmoil and the risk of a lengthy (and expensive) lawsuit would not be appealing. They would be unlikely to use club funds and it would have to be independently financed. Much more likely they will apply for loans to stay running.

Over the next few years; we will see a few EPL regulars drop down the divisions as the money dries up.

Not much interest left for me this season. Liverpool have won it. Not sure if us getting Europa is good or bad. Hopefully the cherries stay up. Should scrap the season but obviously too much money involved & no way would they stand up to Liverpool & deny them the title. & I am sticking with not getting BT to put the sports channels back on. Even if you love football, if money's tight for you, not bothered with sky/bt until the start of next season makes sense. Nothing much riding on it except the relegation battle & I guess Leicester, Chelsea & United battling it out for 2 CL spots. Save your ££ is my advice.

Seems there is actually some noise that our games might be involved in this neutral ground bullshit.

Honestly, I really can’t see our fans as is turning up outside the stadium. Hardly any locals as is go to the games and getting there via public transport is hardly attractive at the current time.

As I can't go to a pub to watch a game, or go to a friend's house, I'm stuffed, as no way would I give my hard earned cash to Sky or BT or anyone else that shows the game. If we win, I'll catch the game on MOTD.

As I can't go to a pub to watch a game, or go to a friend's house, I'm stuffed, as no way would I give my hard earned cash to Sky or BT or anyone else that shows the game. If we win, I'll catch the game on MOTD.
A few years ago I told my then ten year old son, who’s football mad, that I was going to cancel my Sky Sports subscription. He threatened to report me to Childline.

Back
Top Bottom