The Merseyside Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could be a tasty match. I always have a lot time for Everton and liverpool is one of my favourite English cities, But this weekend we probally need a draw to stop the progress of both sides.

0-0 draw and points deduction the only sensible result.

Reason for deduction? Being naughty boys and girls causing the city to go into lockdown.

Playing golf then baby sitting my nephew Saturday.. but that is one cracking line up of footie.. could happily sit in front of the box for all 4 fixtures.

• Everton12:30Liverpool
  • Chelsea15:00Southampton
  • Man City17:30Arsenal
  • Newcastle20:00Man Utd

Game 1 draw

Game 2 gritted teeth.. probably home win

Game 3 never been a more certain home win

Game 4 come on the horse punchers! draw maybe

I've never been to Liverpool.. I am sure the waterfront area and centre are nice.. some good bits of architecture. However.. I would hate to get the wrong bus and end up in one of the estates.

Everton is one of my favourite away days, Nightlife in liverpool is great fun. The grand national festival is one of the great days out in this country. Most scousers I have meet are good people.

Online liverpool fans are dicks but the actual people in the city are very decent. I tell it how I find it.

I have never met a bad scouser in flesh. All been decent and good friends. But I mock them all the same.

Everton is one of my favourite away days, Nightlife in liverpool is great fun. The grand national festival is one of the great days out in this country. Most scousers I have meet are good people.

Online liverpool fans are dicks but the actual people in the city are very decent. I tell it how I find it.
Went up for the Tranmere FA Cup game couple of years back and stayed on for the weekend at an old mates house.
Have to agree about the locals, had a great time.
Sorry everyone.

Is it really that much of a hotly contested derby?

Both seem to hate us more than each other
The days when fans of both clubs went to the game together are gone (except for people in their 50s and above) Everton fans are known locally as bitters because they hate any success from Liverpool. It never used to be like that and myself a Liverpool fan would often go to Goodison park to watch 5 or 6 games a season. That just doesn't happen now. sad as it is.

Don't think Everton hate us anymore than a general antipathy for cockneys. Liverpool though are a bit weird I think they couldn't stand us as we rose and competed with them for top 4. Now they are champions they probably stopped worrying about us so much.

I'm a Scouser and a can't stand John Bishop. Having said that most of the comedians nowadays are about as funny as a hole in your head. They dont tell jokes they tell stories that require a Ph.D to understand the punchline

Kevin Bridges is the funniest of funniest as fuck comedians.

You know how you lot feel about the goons? That's how we feel about Liverpool. Liverpool hate us - their fans claim they're not arsed but the Everton Facebook page has had a fair few of them comment recently about how they're going to waste us in the derby - but not as much as they hate the Manchester teams.

Back
Top Bottom