The Merseyside Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That game proved to me that Liverpool are not going to get the same luck as last season. They're already getting niggly injuries or things going against them (Mane coronavirus, Allison injured, Van Dijk potentially injured) and the decisions today.

And it also proved that Everton will not be able to sustain this. They were pretty poor today in all honesty and got very very lucky to even get a point.

Bodes well for us - as long as we keep it up.

About time a rizla paper offside decision went against these cunts.

What amazes me though is because its them its being questioned by all the biased commentators and the talking heads in the studio.
When we had three or four of those go against us last season its just "VAR has spoken he is offside"

Now they are challenging it, amazing how that works.

How is that offside
Well, there's 'offside' and then there's 'VAR'.

giphy.gif

That game proved to me that Liverpool are not going to get the same luck as last season. They're already getting niggly injuries or things going against them (Mane coronavirus, Allison injured, Van Dijk potentially injured) and the decisions today.

And it also proved that Everton will not be able to sustain this. They were pretty poor today in all honesty and got very very lucky to even get a point.

Bodes well for us - as long as we keep it up.
Richarlison out for 3 matches as well. They play 3 away matches (at Leicester, at Southampton, at Newcastle). 4 points from those if I may be so bold (and I will).

Richarlison out for 3 matches as well. They play 3 away matches (at Leicester, at Southampton, at Newcastle). 4 points from those if I may be so bold (and I will).

Everton are a decent side, but I don't think they will be troubling the top 4. They don't have enough firepower or depth compared to the likes of us, Liverpool, Chelsea, City even Man Utd have a lot more firepower.
I expect them to challenge for a Europa spot and an outside shot at a CL place if other teams have poor seasons but that's their ceiling.

The VVD injury for Liverpool on the other hand is absolutely massive. That type of injury could be weeks or even months.
That's a huge deal for anyone with aspirations to win this league, and I for one have aspirations with our squad.

Everton are a decent side, but I don't think they will be troubling the top 4. They don't have enough firepower or depth compared to the likes of us, Liverpool, Chelsea, City even Man Utd have a lot more firepower.
I expect them to challenge for a Europa spot and an outside shot at a CL place if other teams have poor seasons but that's their ceiling.

The VVD injury for Liverpool on the other hand is absolutely massive. That type of injury could be weeks or even months.
That's a huge deal for anyone with aspirations to win this league, and I for one have aspirations with our squad.
Everton is not in European competition. If not for some bad long term injuries to their key players, they can seriously challenge for the top 4 as long as they can stay in the mix till New Year. Early day though. Only 4/5 games into the season.

Agree that Liverpool situation really opens the league up for other teams.

Back
Top Bottom