The Mighty Poch Men vs. Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the longest in the shower?

• Total voters

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
3:1

COYS

GIF-Bulldog-slowly-climbs-up-a-plastic-chair-and-sits-comfortably.gif

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Wimmer, Toby, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Kane][/formation]

I worry that 2 weeks is not long enough of a pre-season for the Euro2016 men to have found their fitness or rhythm. Could it be that Poch swaps one or two for the first game or so. Maybe Winks for Dier, maybe Onomah for Alli? Maybe even Janssen for Kane? What do you think?

I worry that 2 weeks is not long enough of a pre-season for the Euro2016 men to have found their fitness or rhythm. Could it be that Poch swaps one or two for the first game or so. Maybe Winks for Dier, maybe Onomah for Alli? Maybe even Janssen for Kane? What do you think?

I get the impression Dier is always ready. He is a beast. Hopefully after some post Euros rest they are all up for it.

I agree and think it will all be down to who Poch thinks is fit enough to play and will be a mixture of last season's first 11 and new players with The Euro guys that have kept fit when on holiday playing and perhaps 1 or 2 of them being benched.

It's a good point. Although most of the other teams in the league that have sent players to the Euros will be in a similar position (i'm aware that we've sent more than most).

At the end of the day, i would guess that a longer break for players like Kane (who has played an extraordinary amount of football over the last 2 years), will be more beneficial in the long run and outweigh the risk of them looking a little rusty for the first few games.

He never scores until November anyway :kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom