The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usually I would say Wimmer, but City's attackers are small, quick and nimble, and I think Davies is more suited to defending against those players. If we had to face Ibra, Carroll or Giroud I would I pick Wimmer, but I could see him really struggling against Aguero, Sterling, De Bruyne and Silva.
Wimmer is a better defender for me. Davies is always beat 1v1

Don't let the result fool you.

It hasnt....the result was worthy of City and their lethargic shit performance.

The result didnt fool anyone. It was thoroughly deserved by Everton.

Getting tired of every week we win, and every week we are being warned of the massive dangers facing us next week by yet another inferior side.

If we turn up, we win. Thats my concern, and my only concern......City can do what they want. If we are at our best, we'll win anyway.

Every games massive now, even with so many games left. Most of the big teams winning every week makes each weekend huge. If we beat City next week I'd go as far as saying top 4 is down to five teams. Doesnt look like they have the fight, Pep to leave before the end of the season seems plausible.

We've won our last 3 games against City. The players know they have the beating of them if we play near our best.
Our best is better than City's best - if that makes any sense. Have a good feeling about this one if we manage to contain Silva and Aguero

It hasnt....the result was worthy of City and their lethargic shit performance.

The result didnt fool anyone. It was thoroughly deserved by Everton.

Getting tired of every week we win, and every week we are being warned of the massive dangers facing us next week by yet another inferior side.

If we turn up, we win. Thats my concern, and my only concern......City can do what they want. If we are at our best, we'll win anyway.

So true. We are the better team. Back before Poch, apart from a short period under Redknapp, we would sometimes win games against other big teams but it was always hard to predict. We were just as likely to get spanked or just lose despite playing quite well. Our defense was always leaky. Our mentality was always weak. Our bench was always shit. We were never the favourites. Nowadays we are the better team, we are favourites even if pundits wish we weren't. It really doesn't matter how good City are next week. They could play at the top level they have reached this season and it won't be enough to match us. I have serious doubts that they can reach that level anyway, but I would be truly astonished if they could reach a new level they have yet to hit - and that is what will be required for them to beat us.

Apparently Claudio Bravo has now conceded 11 goals from the last 18 shots on target he's faced in the Premier League!
:sonpoint:
Luckily for us (and other teams around us) Pep is too proud to admit his mistake with this transfer and will stick with this clown for the rest of the season at least. He's fucking tragic

So true. We are the better team. Back before Poch, apart from a short period under Redknapp, we would sometimes win games against other big teams but it was always hard to predict. We were just as likely to get spanked or just lose despite playing quite well. Our defense was always leaky. Our mentality was always weak. Our bench was always shit. We were never the favourites. Nowadays we are the better team, we are favourites even if pundits wish we weren't. It really doesn't matter how good City are next week. They could play at the top level they have reached this season and it won't be enough to match us. I have serious doubts that they can reach that level anyway, but I would be truly astonished if they could reach a new level they have yet to hit - and that is what will be required for them to beat us.

I think what Poch is doing well, is getting the team to take each game as the sole focus that week. No eye on next week....no thoughts to what Utd or Liverpool are up to.

Just Spurs, for 90 minutes, then onto the next game.

This approach and our new found flexibility has turned us into a major force. The first few months of the season was worth every disjointed hard fought point, because now we have clicked, we look fucking phenominal.

Not getting wanked off by the media, and just the way we need it to be. Let everyone talk about the others.

She is just a stupid cunt whore fuck face wanker, she knows the spammers will never bring any one as good as Kane through there academy and can't buy em either as no cunt wants to play in that shite excuse for a stadium every week! Fucking hate the cunt! :dembelefingers:

Funny innit... had they won today, i'd be shitting it that they were hitting form, and would continue that against us.
As it is, they're probably not gonna allow two consecutive defeats, and will no doubt aim to take todays' demoralising defeat out on us...

You can't win sometimes!

That's why i'd have taken a draw before the game...

...and now i'm left hoping Man Utd grab an equaliser in the 2nd half. What levels have I stooped to?

THAT'S what being at the top end of the table does to your mind... what's become of us?
Exactly how I'm feeling after today's games.

Back
Top Bottom