The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never wrote off Bentaleb - only suggested he needs a break and should be rested against Yaya Toure

AVB was plain wrong in his 'integration' of numerous players, that is well documented - including Lloris who went as far as admitting he considered quitting! Not to mention the Ade debacle. Lamela should have been played from the onset instead of Chadli for example who has achieved very little above mediocrity in a Spurs shirt. Or the Townsend hype over a few runs at pace and very little end product. Timmeh shouldn't repeat the mistake of the previous regime, imv - and Lamela being a massive investment needs to be integrated asap since we're not Chelsea to simply write off massive financial faliures

a5SPh9i.jpg

A young Michael Dawson.
thumbs-up.gif

There is something so utterly satisfying about winning football matches with some flair. Sherwood might well continue to have his detractors, and is far from a complete package, of course but if the remaining four months of his tenure continue as the past one has (without expecting to win every 5 in 6) then I have to say I can't wait.

Eriksen, brilliant. Adebayor; brilliant....I can read the Monday papers, too!

I forgot to add…..We will beat City. And no I haven't gone mad. Im not getting carried away with the run or not seeing how good or where we really are. I just have this inkling we will beat them and do the scum a favour.
I feel so sure?

Maybe it's wind?

Disclaimer: I am able to post, if we get beat, that this is what I thought all along?

Dunno about beat so much... take points off, perhaps (even though it would help THOSE two!)

To be fair, Jan, Sandro and Kaboul (maybe) will be back... so, erm, yes, you never know!
City away certainly aren't the same City at home...

...then again, us at home certainly aren't the same us away either... so... erm... it evens itself out??

Dunno about beat so much... take points off, perhaps (even though it would help THOSE two!)

To be fair, Jan, Sandro and Kaboul (maybe) will be back... so, erm, yes, you never know!
City away certainly aren't the same City at home...

...then again, us at home certainly aren't the same us away either... so... erm... it evens itself out??
We said that last time. We are strong away but they are strong at home...look what happened :(

I never wrote off Bentaleb - only suggested he needs a break and should be rested against Yaya Toure

AVB was plain wrong in his 'integration' of numerous players, that is well documented - including Lloris who went as far as admitting he considered quitting! Not to mention the Ade debacle. Lamela should have been played from the onset instead of Chadli for example who has achieved very little above mediocrity in a Spurs shirt. Or the Townsend hype over a few runs at pace and very little end product. Timmeh shouldn't repeat the mistake of the previous regime, imv - and Lamela being a massive investment needs to be integrated asap since we're not Chelsea to simply write off massive financial faliures
Lamela is going to be something of a bale for us, you can see he's got bags of talent but needs to be toughened up big time. Would love lamela to be played behind Ade with eriksen on the left the link up play would be great. Only time will tell if lamela can forfill his potential.

Lamela is going to be something of a bale for us, you can see he's got bags of talent but needs to be toughened up big time. Would love lamela to be played behind Ade with eriksen on the left the link up play would be great. Only time will tell if lamela can forfeit/fulfil his potential.

FIXED, you're welcome... (before anyone else spots it, and rips you to shreds! Not sure which one you meant though!)

Chadli has to step up significantly as lamela, siggy and holtby have all had far better games than him, if he left I wouldn't be too bothered really.

Chadli has to step up significantly as lamela, siggy and holtby have all had far better games than him, if he left I wouldn't be too bothered really.
I don't want him to leave as squad depth is extremely important in a sustained Top 4 challenge - simply want all players to be given a fair chance to earn their place and impress

Last edited:
I dont get this sentiment.....apart from the next game always being "the real test".....why would we need to beat City to prove ourselves? When were we ever going for the title?

I promise we could beat them, and people would just say, "Hull is the real banana skin, lets see how we do there..."

Not saying that things are always going to go well for us.....but last week "the next two games" were the "real test".

We win the first one, and it "proved nothing"

Moyes said united are still in the title hunt. That makes us pretty much nailed on to win it.

Bullshit. The squads aren't comparable. You could put the greatest manager in the world in charge of THFC, but 9 times out of 10 Manchester City with their team would piss all over us.
A test is meant to be fair and evenly matched if you want to size up your managers tactical ability.

They will most likely win, they have sooo much talent all over. But so long as we play well, offer something in attack and generally don't get bitched across the park I will be pleased. It is keeping the confidence up that is crucial with Hull away, Everton at Home and Newcastle away to run.

3 games where 3 points could be done.

I dont get this sentiment.....apart from the next game always being "the real test".....why would we need to beat City to prove ourselves? When were we ever going for the title?
Que? Let me just confirm - it's ok for Timmeh to lose against the big boys since we're not aiming for the title but if AVB does it he should be sacked?

Our home record has been appalling lately and we need to improve that urgently if we're to stay in the Top 4 race.

We have the team to beat those mongs (we are stronger than last season and managed 3 goals) so expecting at least a point is completely reasonable, imv (seeing they have improved themselves from 12 months ago)

Back
Top Bottom