The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Que? Let me just confirm - it's ok for Timmeh to lose against the big boys since we're not aiming for the title but if AVB does it he should be sacked?

Err no.

It was nothing to do with losing to Liverpool and City that made me want AVB out. You seem to have no memory sometimes....well lucky for me, the rest of the forum are well aware that my feelings for AVB sacked had fuck all do with results. Thats no secret....but you know that full well dont you.

You just seem to enjoy arguing with what you want me to have said, as opposed to what I did actually say.

I had serious doubts from even before the West Ham spanking, and Ive maintained from the start that it was about the way we approach the games for me, not the fact we were losing.

I said in the Utd home match thread that I would prefer to lose showing signs of improvement in our game, than to play shit and win. You yourself jumped on that comment.....now you make out like I am purely about winning or losing. Get a grip man.

My point regarding the coming City game, is that I dont see why it now seen as the game that we can finally judge TS on.....people have said the same about Southampton, Utd and Swansea.

When we win, the next game becomes judgement day.

If AVB picked his strongest side, and we played football with heart and took it to the opposition but lost, I would have had more time for him.

The same goes for Sherwood. If he starts playing a cowards game, and turning this club into a geriatric style chess pub team, then I will too want him out.

Don't get me wrong I think stats are important, but I think we emphasise their importance a bit too much. Bentaleb had a solid game for the most part but for 30 minutes he was struggling heavily against shelvey, was beaten quite a fair few times and didn't track the man as much as he should have. For those calling for him to start against city, even over Sandro, think about how he would fare against Toure, Fernandinho or there other CMs. Don't get me wrong I think he's promising but i think that if Sandro is fit he has to start over him.

My point regarding the coming City game, is that I dont see why it now seen as the game that we can finally judge TS on.....people have said the same about Southampton, Utd and Swansea.
(I would like to respond to this particular point since the initial 'debate' sprung from that)

Because they're the best team in the league by far and the ultimate yard-stick of how far we can compete with the big clubs - perfect test for the team, imv. Exonerating the result since we're out of the title race is bizarre to say the least and I believe we have the ability and quality to snatch at least a point from them, especially since their away form has been a little shaky.

Yes, every game is important but I'm particularly interested of how we fare against the league's best team. If they smash us - fair enough.

Last edited:
Dunno about beat so much... take points off, perhaps (even though it would help THOSE two!)

To be fair, Jan, Sandro and Kaboul (maybe) will be back... so, erm, yes, you never know!
City away certainly aren't the same City at home...

...then again, us at home certainly aren't the same us away either... so... erm... it evens itself out??
It will be an open game, a game we will chase. With a little luck, take our chances, they miss theirs.

And I haven't got my head up in the clouds. I just have this overwhelming feeling we can beat them. There is no pressure on us, City is expected by all including them to win. Bring it on!

(I would like to respond to this particular point since the initial 'debate' sprung from that)

Because they're the best team in the league by far and the ultimate yard-stick of how far we can compete with the big clubs - perfect test for the team, imv. Exonerating the result since we're out of the title race is bizarre to say the least and I believe we have the ability and quality to snatch at least a point from them, especially since their away form has been a little shaky.

Yes, every game is important but I'm particularly interested of how we fare against the league's best team. If they smash us - fair enough.
I agree with you.

And it is not about winning, even. They really are that good.

For TS it is about presenting a better performance than the home game defeat. It is about making a credible perfomance throughout the game - if we end up losing 4-0 due to 4 instances of brilliance from Negredo, Aguero, Yaya and Silva, hey, that is ok too.

I agree with you.

And it is not about winning, even. They really are that good.

For TS it is about presenting a better performance than the home game defeat. It is about making a credible perfomance throughout the game - if we end up losing 4-0 due to 4 instances of brilliance from Negredo, Aguero, Yaya and Silva, hey, that is ok too.
What does the score matter, as long as Dawson gets a good slagging..........

Can't see the team captain being dropped for a big game though.
Is that the primary reason that Dawson is still in the side , the fact that he is the captain. When Super Jan is back who gives way? I would pick Super Jan over Dawson and make him skipper.

Back
Top Bottom