The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is the best team the best 11, or the 11 that work best?

Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png

ridiculous notion, when crewing a boat pick the best swimmers and best rope haulers - no point wasting time having someone who knows how to sail and inspire a team.
What the hell is everyone going to do if the ideal combo of Jan and Vlad let people score against us?
Will Dawson still get blamed?
Of course it won't happen - as we will be playing with Xavi Bentaliniesta, he will save us.

As it happens I think that Vlad the impaler and Jan the man are the best CB partnership - sorry, will eventually become the best CB partnership, but I'm wondering whether TS will dump Jan in against city for his first game back.

Looking forward to seeing him back though, he's a class act.

I still believe that sorting the midfield out is a priority, if you screen any defence with a porous and misfiring MF, the defence will be exposed and get forced into mistakes.

I will be happier to see Paulinho and Sandro back in the team at the moment

11 that work best, thats the rule in pretty much all team sports. Most countries do not play players out of position just to make sure their best 11 get in because a player out of position is a liability in most cases. Even foreign managers in England play players out of position its something bizarre thing about us. The England national team is the best example almost never has 11 players in their right positions.

Off course we should play the best possible team.

It is just that Jan has been out for long and Negredo/Aguero are the leagues most dangerous strikeforce.

Dawson is a scapegoat. He makes mistakes but he's still blamed for way too much.

Like Chadli against Swansea.......has a shot on the angle, on target, its tipped over the bar, and he gets called a cunt by a load of people.

Dembele not only misses the target with a chance a 6yr old would have scored, but also took the shot instead of passing to Ade who had an open goal........oh how very humerous that was

This discussion is about the financial merit of selling Lamela not whether he's been good or not
...okay - well, then - I think "Lame"-ela sux dick and a gentle breeze over the Paxton Road end would trip him up...I hope we ditch him or he dies of a tragic wanking accident...
...btw how did we not snap up Mata? - that's what we need...
COYS

Back
Top Bottom