The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Unfortunately your militant sarcasm will be lost on many, my post was for them, not you.
For some it takes time to appreciate all the winning in its many and varied forms. Feels good doesn't it? I'm loving it. Unfortunately, I had to suffer through another grind of a Masters' week so wasn't able to catch our goings on. It was truly a regretful decision to have to watch the coronation of the first Japanese major champ instead of our tactical masterclass as I'm sure it was.

We always say "sell off the deadwood", and manager after manager never seem to... maybe its harder than it looks what with no one else wanting them!
...and Levy ain't gonna get rid for nothing!

They also say "it's the hope that kills you"
...well not any more.... it's the REALITY of that toxic stubborn Dinosaur at our club that's killing me!

I can't remember in the history of our club when I've not looked forward to being in a Cup Final! (Even if we weren't favourites!)
But I'm DREADING this one... I don't even think Jose thinks we can win it... let alone the players.
That sinking feeling of EVERYTHING football SHOULDN'T be about is all on Jose I'm afraid.

I've never been so disenchanted with my club.... and that's not even taking Covid and VAR into account!!

Still, on the plus side, we picked a good Cup Final year to not have to worry about getting tickets!

Jose is breaking all records this season...
So much for "Year ending in 1"!!
The deadwood are on watertight contracts which makes them very hard to shift without having to pay them compensation. The salaries that some of our squad players get, just doesn't equate to the impact they will make during a game, and until there is some kind of financial reset in football, then agents will command the biggest package possible for their clients. We can Blame JM for much of this mess, but Levy & co are holding the purse strings.

There was a sense of inevitability about the defeat today. But taking a step back and going player for player in equivalent positions we’re fairly evenly matched talent wise. You’d take AWB and Fernandes over Aurier and GLC but equally you’d probably take Reggie, Son and Kane over Shaw, Rashford and Cavani. Perhaps their CB pairing too.
My point is, from a talent perspective it shouldn’t have been inevitable.
The reason is was is attitude, tactics, application, form but all variables that are within our control.

There was a sense of inevitability about the defeat today. But taking a step back and going player for player in equivalent positions we’re fairly evenly matched talent wise. You’d take AWB and Fernandes over Aurier and GLC but equally you’d probably take Reggie, Son and Kane over Shaw, Rashford and Cavani. Perhaps their CB pairing too.
My point is, from a talent perspective it shouldn’t have been inevitable.
The reason is was is attitude, tactics, application, form but all variables that are within our control.
If I remember correctly, Lindelof was a clown under Mourinho so he’s not that great of a CB. If I was to pick from the starting 11 of both sides yesterday I’d go with...

Lloris
Wan Bissaka, Rodon, Maguire, Reguilon
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Fernandes
Rashford, Kane, Son

Why I wouldn’t pick Shaw over Reguilon? Because I know Reguilon on his day can be a bigger asset attacking wise than Shaw. Maybe I haven’t watched much of Shaw, but I know how good Reguilon can be. Yesterday he was poor I agree.

So there you go, I have 4 Man Utd players in the first eleven, 5 at a push if I swap Lloris with Henderson. I really really don’t see how United are superior to us, defensively they are, but in the other areas they’re not.

Right!
We were not very good. As was said,it was if the players knew they would lose,so that was it. Lucky not be 1down earlier,if that's a foul,the game is done.
Harry's head ain't there anymore and a lot of the rest look they not interested.
I truly think I am done. At this moment,not even sure I can bothered to watch the final.
Call me a melt,a flounce,part time etc and I will gladly take them on the chin. But,in my defence can I say in my 53years I have been on this planet,I have never felt like this before.
Also Jose needs to go now.
And I have never ever seen the point of sacking a manager at this stage of the season. But I can't watch this durge anymore. I would gladly see us lose every game left this season if we played or attempted to play,the football I grew up watching and the players looked happy and like they actually gave a fuck.
Never felt so distant from my club and what's happening as I do now.
Its like watching an old mate who was always the nicest kindest person you knew turn into a bitter twisted horrible alky or addict.

Last edited:
I think the first half was fine yesterday. We looked calm and aside from one shite clearance from Dier and the VAR incident, I didn't feel we had any problems. We scored a great goal and looked decent.

As usual, our issue is in the second half. When United went up a gear to get back in the game, we couldn't cope with it. After they scored, the manager's instinct was to introduce our worst player and play him in the most important position on the pitch. The players who could have got us back in the game were ignored. So it's the same old story. Players who aren't good enough to handle an aggressive opponent and a manager who always thinks safety-first, no matter how desperate we are for 3 points.

Also special mention to Dier, Rodon and Reguilon who don't seem to understand how offside works these days. You play to the whistle and if it's offside it will be given after the play is over. You don't stand still with your hand up waiting for the linesman to defend for you. They left it to the linesman to stop Fred from scoring when they should have just followed the ball and been ready to clear. It's insulting to Hugo that they had accepted the goal going in before he even made the save. You should never accept that a goal is coming until it goes over the line. If just one of the three had followed the ball the goal never happens.

Why the f*ck did Aurier put the ball out? There was no need whatsoever, and it is the ref's decision to stop the game. Man Utd such a cynical team.
And the alleged ‘nice guy’ image of OGS gone for good now after his comments about Son while his team are one of the worst at this sort of thing!

BC, for some reason I can't quote your other post. I actually don't understand what you are trying to say though. I don't think I implied you want Mou to stay or anything so don't know why you'd feel you needed to defend it. I was expressing my feelings and using you report of the game as proof we are turning a corner. You see green shoots of 40 minutes and reachingforthestars reachingforthestars was entertained for 7 minutes. Evidence that Mou is going in the right direction.

So you should try supporting your team!
That’s a good one!
Blakey being a supporter that is

My son said to me that he actually dreads is taking the lead in games because it seems we are then more at risk.

I mean what a fcuking indictment because he is absolutely spot on.

Our mentality is shot to pieces.

Back
Top Bottom