The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Lawro has tipped us to win 2-1. We’re really fucked so.

No idea why other than United playing yesterday.

We are so lacking it's untrue.

United will come to avenge and with a quite incredible away record.

We know we will make mistakes or gift at least one goal to them.

We will have had a week to prepare and I bet it looks like 2 days.

And then to pick a side out of the non-performers.

Hope I am wrong but I see us losing but probably after taking the lead.

Havent sat Paxton in the new ground, looks like it’s exactly the same though
I sat in lower Paxton in the old stadium, and it was OK, I liked being nearer the action.
As we got moved for CL games from our seats at the back of the West Stand in the new stadium, we took that opportunity to try out different parts of the ground. We watched the Ajax game from there, and I didn't like it at all. So would always choose to go to South Stand. However, doesn't look as if I'm going to have to worry about that next season!

What's the injury news?

Jose:

Good news. Ben Davies and Matt Doherty are the only players that are not available to play. So they are still injured. Of course getting better. But no more injury news. Everybody available.

Last edited:
BBC web page
Spurs could welcome back defenders Toby Alderweireld and Serge Aurier, who were omitted last week because they missed a Covid-19 test.
Was this not questioned at the Press conference?

What's the injury news?

Jose:

Good news. Ben Davies and Matt Doherty are the only players that are not available to play. So they are still injured. Of course getting better. But no more injury news. Everybody available.

Ben Davies and Matt Doherty are still out? That IS good news. Very good news.

After Newcastle, I think we need to win this one if we are to have any chance of top 4. Both because we need the points, and for the badly needed psychological boost it would give us.

Reasons to hope:

-Utd playing in Granada this week
-Utd already having a comfortable position in the top 4 (this game should mean more to us than to them)
-We have a fit squad to choose from
-Our home form is decent
-Team is well rested

Reasons to be fearful:

-Our record against the better teams in the last few months has been appalling.
-Unhappy players, unhappy manager
-Past failures in big games

If we win, most likely it will be a smash and grab job. Goals from Kane or Son from the few scraps we create, lots of nervy defending and a slice of luck ot two.

A lot riding on this unfortunately, but a win would do a lot to lift the mood.

Back
Top Bottom