The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
After Newcastle, I think we need to win this one if we are to have any chance of top 4. Both because we need the points, and for the badly needed psychological boost it would give us.

Reasons to hope:

-Utd playing in Granada this week
-Utd already having a comfortable position in the top 4 (this game should mean more to us than to them)
-We have a fit squad to choose from
-Our home form is decent
-Team is well rested

Reasons to be fearful:

-Our record against the better teams in the last few months has been appalling.
-Unhappy players, unhappy manager
-Past failures in big games

If we win, most likely it will be a smash and grab job. Goals from Kane or Son from the few scraps we create, lots of nervy defending and a slice of luck ot two.

A lot riding on this unfortunately, but a win would do a lot to lift the mood.
Not on here though 😉

Think if we lose this shows how far weve regressed. I do think we will win though. Is jose likely to be gone in summer?
We will win?
Doubt it. Probably be dominated most game and at best we can hope for maybe an early goal , hold on for a while concede etc.. I'm bored of this season and I expect little from this game.

Think if we lose this shows how far weve regressed. I do think we will win though. Is jose likely to be gone in summer?

It depends on how the season ends. If we get top 4 then he won’t be sacked. I also think that Mourinho and Kane have a strong connection and another sacking would push Harry towards forcing an exit. Kane is not going to want to hang around while we adjust to another manager while playing on Thursday nights. He’d be 30 by the time we could return to the CL.

Fail to achieve top 4 this season and the entire project is going to end. We will be back where we were 15 years ago, selling our best players and being irrelevant.

It depends on how the season ends. If we get top 4 then he won’t be sacked. I also think that Mourinho and Kane have a strong connection and another sacking would push Harry towards forcing an exit. Kane is not going to want to hang around while we adjust to another manager while playing on Thursday nights. He’d be 30 by the time we could return to the CL.

Fail to achieve top 4 this season and the entire project is going to end. We will be back where we were 15 years ago, selling our best players and being irrelevant.

:sherwoodwtf:

Jose will get my respect if he plays our best lineup

Let's stop pissing about with weird formations that don't work.
4-3-3 suits us best

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguilon
Lo Celso Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Kane Son

He may have fallen out with a few but its time to start your best players if you want the result.

Also this needs to be a 4-3-3 we may actually be able to gain a foothold or look good in a 4-3-3. If we mess around and say put Lo Celso at CAM or RM we just look open in the midfield. Just play 4-3-3 and get the result.
The problem is this lineup tries to utilize the squad's talent and skillset while also setting them up in a way that mitigates our weaknesses while emphasizing our strengths.

So of course Mourinho is feuding with 3-4 of the players in this lineup instead.

Jose will get my respect if he plays our best lineup

Let's stop pissing about with weird formations that don't work.
4-3-3 suits us best

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguilon
Lo Celso Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Kane Son

He may have fallen out with a few but its time to start your best players if you want the result.

Also this needs to be a 4-3-3 we may actually be able to gain a foothold or look good in a 4-3-3. If we mess around and say put Lo Celso at CAM or RM we just look open in the midfield. Just play 4-3-3 and get the result.
This is spot on. Play Lo Celso deep alongside Hojbjerg so our CBs have someone to pass to.

Wasn't confident before the Newcastle game once the opportunity presented itself with the other teams dropping points. Just can't see us winning this. I'd say a 1-1, 2-2 draw at best. Another 2-hours of my life wasted of that I am sure.

Don’t think it’s black and white. I have a feeling Kane will stay another season, as there aren’t many clubs who are going to pay what we ask for him in these Covid conditions, maybe in 2 seasons if we still haven’t won anything and things go back to normal post pandemic, he could say that’s it I wanna leave.

Even if we win 3-0 tomorrow it’s just a horrible feeling knowing it won’t mean anything at the end of the season

The Europa result was the end for me

Even if we win 3-0 tomorrow it’s just a horrible feeling knowing it won’t mean anything at the end of the season

The Europa result was the end for me

Season had been dead for ages, even if we finished 8th but played good football I could enjoy it. I just cannot take watching anymore of the crap we get served up. Watching Leeds today with a piss crap squad taking on Man City playing with balls and flair made me realise the best thing we can do right now is sack our dinosaur manager.

Back
Top Bottom