The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Take it you were in the Paxton? I sat there once and vowed never again

Proper moany fuckers up there

No it was west lower in the old days.

But I’m back in the Paxton now. It’s godawful. tourist central and the tiny bar area near me constantly runs out of food or beer.

I’ve ended up selling my ST tickets for games and using a mates membership and my nephews to buy tickets south lower before COVID hit.

Not sure I will be able to do that anymore. :(

No it was west lower in the old days.

But I’m back in the Paxton now. It’s godawful. tourist central and the tiny bar area near me constantly runs out of food or beer.

I’ve ended up selling my ST tickets for games and using a mates membership and my nephews to buy tickets south lower before COVID hit.

Not sure I will be able to do that anymore. :(
Havent sat Paxton in the new ground, looks like it’s exactly the same though

Take it you were in the Paxton? I sat there once and vowed never again

Proper moany fuckers up there
They were the same when I used to stand there
Remember nearly having a punch up with this gobby cunt who kept slagging off Terry Fenwick!

Last edited:
It's okay to be realistic! We don't look like a side that can beat the team who sits 2nd, but it will be nice if I'm wrong.
Wasn’t aimed at you, more the fact that you being realistic and our club motto seem very far apart at the moment. And that’s no slight on you.

I am starting to cringe at the way certain players of ours go down so easy.And Saint Harry is one of the worse.
I love the bloke,but hate that side of his game.
Yes,i know it happens in football and many players at other clubs do it.But i detest it.
I dunno. I don't like it at all but Kane very rarely makes me cringe in the same way as someone like Salah or Neymar where they just absolutely flop it. Kane's tumbles at least look plausible the vast majority of the time.

Hi Josephine

Nice to see you’re still with us
Are you familiar with the works of Josephine Tey? (Somehow I doubt it given your predilection for playground jibes and low humour) but you’ve delivered to me the most marvellous compliment.

Read the Daughter of Time - or any book for that matter. Good luck with the concentrating - you might get a headache, but it will pass.

Going to avoid this like the plague. This season is a plastic farce. Can only see a miserable 90+ minutes of abject defending. Praying for a miracle and some strong counter attacking football with Sonny, H and Bale all capitalising.

I'm at that point now where I don't really care what the result is, I just want to see some fucking fight. Even when we've been pressing lately half the squad hasn't looked up for it. I want to see us challenging opponents for the whole match rather than giving it a go in the first half then switching off. I don't know how much of that is on José and how much is on the players though.

I don't think it matters what players or formations we go with under Jose because, right now, the team will end up forced back and struggling. But this is the team I would pick:

lloris
tanganga-toby-rodon
aurier-hojbjerg-ndombele-reg
dele-kane
son
Hope for the best!

edit - just to expand a bit more, I always liked when we played 3 at the back under Poch, which we did a lot the season we finished 2nd to Chelsea. I think Aurier and Reg are more suited to being forward-thinking wingbacks than fullbacks. I think Tanganga and Rodon are suited to being part of a back 3 with their pace, with Toby in the middle to guide them. Hojbjerg and N'Dombele because, who else do we have? Dele I would play in the position I think he had the most joy, when he played off of Kane, with Eriksen (when we played 3 at the back). Now Kane likes to drop even deeper, I'd give him basically a free role in attack. Son would be central and drift wide, Dele would ghost in as is his strength.

Man United are fucking SHIT.

I also fucking hate them and how many of their fans are from London/ Dublin etc starting following in the 90s. Fucking painful.

Entitled wankers that still think it's 2008, that still think Kane would jump at the change to play for them.

Fucking wankers. I don't care how shit we are, we're winning this.

3-1

Lloris

Aurier Rodon Alderweireld Reguilon

Ndombele Hojbjerg Lo Celso

Lucas

Son Kane

Gotta be honest
Care Less Over It GIF by Holly Logan

Back
Top Bottom