The Mighty Spurs vs ФК Анжи Махачкала

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is everyone's opinion on the Palace-esque, "We love you, we love you" song?
it is @ Flav Flav 's favourite song so you'll just have to......

tumblr_mpbtknvihi1qzqc4so1_500.gif

Great result and a great performance. We could've gone into the game thinking it was already won (given the complete and utter dismay Anzhi find themselves in!!) but we went about the job professionally, so fair play.

My Woolwich-supporting family were mocking the game - nonsense, typical EL shit, bottom of the Russian League, can't even muster a squad etc - but I think these games can be a great advantage, particularly the home ties, and we utilised it perfectly and the positives to come out of this game are endless.

None more-so than Bobby S's hat-trick. That must've been such a boost for him, given the stick in the press he's been getting, and no doubt the ever-mounting pressure on his shoulders to score a goal. Well there's 3, ya caants!! :soldadolol:

Lamela and Townsend worked well on the wings I thought. Andros' decision making isn't always(!) great, but he can only improve. His directness is certainly a big attribute in his game, he just needs to make the right choice once he has made some progress, rather than running into dead ends.

Given the complete and utter makeshift back 4 we had (FRYERS AT CENTRE-BACK!!!) we coped really well I thought. Capoue is a far better defender than I thought - definitely capable of stepping in there when needed.

Atmosphere through the TV was superb, the singing never seemed to stop. I am gutted to here of a few people's incidents (@ BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs ) with stewards and police. I haven't been to The Lane this season unfortunately, but it seems like we are being driven out of our own ground? I thought the heavy-handed approach towards Yid chanting had died down (haven't seen it mentioned much on here last few weeks and it was rife at Craven Cottage and there wasn't a steward in sight) but obviously not at WHL. Such a shame. I really don't see the problem with it. As a young Spurs fan, the word Yid is simply a reference to a Spurs fan, nothing more, nothing less. It has no harmful meaning and is not meant in any such way. I don't want to debate it in this thread, but when the club allow (or cannot stop) the police from ruining the match day experience for many, we really are at an all-time low.

Dislike it. Very "football league" reminds me to much of Barnet. Also it stinks of copying the holmsdale fanatics (it seems to be their only song)

Intrigues as to why it reminds you of Barnet, I don't ever remember them singing it when I used too follow them home and away. Have to say I am inclined to agree though.

Intrigues as to why it reminds you of Barnet, I don't ever remember them singing it when I used too follow them home and away. Have to say I am inclined to agree though.

Sing is a generous term to the three people who did join in. It was the kid, now bloke, who had the drum on the east terrace just used to drum the beat to the song. Over and fucking over again

Sing is a generous term to the three people who did join in. It was the kid, now bloke, who had the drum on the east terrace just used to drum the beat to the song. Over and fucking over again

FISH! I know Fish (Stevie to most) he was a nice lad. In fairness we always had a good little away following with Barnet.

FISH! I know Fish (Stevie to most) he was a nice lad. In fairness we always had a good little away following with Barnet.

I went a lot the year barnet were promoted from the conference but got a ST at spurs the next season so only go once a year or so, tbh though don't enjoy it. Not bothered if the team wins or looses and the atmosphere is poor. The straw that broke the camels back was the weekend after going to the San Siro and seeing us beat AC Milan. I somehow found myself away at Burton Albion and it was then I thought this isn't for me anymore. Have been a couple of times since tho

I went a lot the year barnet were promoted from the conference but got a ST at spurs the next season so only go once a year or so, tbh though don't enjoy it. Not bothered if the team wins or looses and the atmosphere is poor. The straw that broke the camels back was the weekend after going to the San Siro and seeing us beat AC Milan. I somehow found myself away at Burton Albion and it was then I thought this isn't for me anymore. Have been a couple of times since tho

Yeah I was there a lot that season and most seasons for a few years after that, I only went when Spurs weren't at home. I will always remember going to Gainsborough Trinity away that was a fucking good laugh as was Letchworth Garden City in the Herts Senior Cup.

I thought this a few times on Thursday. It felt for the first time that some of the gimmickiness of 1882 has started to fade. We Love You wasn't sung with as much gusto. The shoes off stuff got noticeably drowned out and the one episode of pogoing was half hearted to say the least. We're closing on what I hope everyone wants which is traditional Tottenham support.

I thought this a few times on Thursday. It felt for the first time that some of the gimmickiness of 1882 has started to fade. We Love You wasn't sung with as much gusto. The shoes off stuff got noticeably drowned out and the one episode of pogoing was half hearted to say the least. We're closing on what I hope everyone wants which is traditional Tottenham support.
I think there should be a clear difference between atmosphere at youth games and first team games. Youth games, everyone can roll out any song they want! It's all about having a laugh. At first team games, it should be the traditional support.

If we can get that right, everyone should be happy.

Back
Top Bottom