The Mighty Spurs vs ФК Анжи Махачкала

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought this a few times on Thursday. It felt for the first time that some of the gimmickiness of 1882 has started to fade. We Love You wasn't sung with as much gusto. The shoes off stuff got noticeably drowned out and the one episode of pogoing was half hearted to say the least. We're closing on what I hope everyone wants which is traditional Tottenham support.

This, this and this a million times over, I think it is definitely the way forward for 1882 and Spurs support as a whole. For me there is nothing better than the traditional support mixed in with some more modern player chants. I was delighted when people drowned out shoes off. I think the We Love You is a great song but I just don't think it is very Spurs. Would be interested to hear what HadleySpurs thought about Thursday.

I think the 'We love you' song is a hangover from when it was still an 'Ultras' movement, and the influence of foreign/European support was prevalent.... Palace were merely doing the same, except it's part of their Premier League support now... I've not got a problem with it as such, but it definitely sounds better with a drum, which we don't have any more at WHL, so that's probably why it sounds a bit lame!
Individual and unique player songs are FANTASTIC, and exactly what sets those songs apart from all the others...

Glad to hear S-L-O-W 'oh when the Spurs' making a reappearance!!!

I thought this a few times on Thursday. It felt for the first time that some of the gimmickiness of 1882 has started to fade. We Love You wasn't sung with as much gusto. The shoes off stuff got noticeably drowned out and the one episode of pogoing was half hearted to say the least. We're closing on what I hope everyone wants which is traditional Tottenham support.
Nothing wrong with adding new songs to our traditional ones. Glory, Glory was once a new song once. Quite like the thought of "this generation" of Spurs fans creating new traditions.............that said I hope it's not shoes off, pogo or We Love You for obvious reasons they are a bit shit and not original.

Think we should resurrect this

At Oldham Athletic I've often been told
That the team to remember, the team to recall
Are the great Man United the best of them all.
They came down to Tottenham in 75
They went in the Park Lane the Paxton, the Side,
But Tottenham were many and many to ruck
And the great Man United got battered to f**k
Toodaloo, toodaloo and the great Man United got battered to f**k.

Edit: second verse as requested

We returned to Old Trafford in 78
We didn't have tickets we tore down their gates

They wasn't expecting the Spurs to turn up
So the great Man United got battered to f**k

Last edited:

I listened to the game on ldn and the support sounded fantastic. And I remember reading somewhere else that they were pleased the shoes off song got drowned out.

Anyone remember the missing words of this old song, not sure of the tune

We took the ? we took the ? we took the North Bank too

and when we take the Stretford End, we'll sing this song to you
(clapping and scarf raising) Tottenham x 3 or more :)

Then there was the old classic

Tip toe through the Park Lane with your plimsolls and your plastic flick knife
Tiptoe through the Park Lane with me

I'll stop now before old songitis gets to me :)

Anyone remember the missing words of this old song, not sure of the tune

We took the ? we took the ? we took the North Bank too

and when we take the Stretford End, we'll sing this song to you
(clapping and scarf raising) Tottenham x 3 or more :)

Then there was the old classic

Tip toe through the Park Lane with your plimsolls and your plastic flick knife
Tiptoe through the Park Lane with me

I'll stop now before old songitis gets to me :)

- Tiptoe through the North Bank with your plimsols & your plastic pen knife
-Tiptoe through the Park Lane with your Hob Nails & your sawn off shotgun....

Think we should resurrect this

At Oldham Athletic I've often been told
That the team to remember, the team to recall
Are the great Man United the best of them all.
They came down to Tottenham in 75
They went in the Park Lane the Paxton, the Side,
But Tottenham were many and many to ruck
And the great Man United got battered to f**k

I think there is a second verse to that song but i cant recall it at the moment.
As for the tune, i will have to try & do some research & see if i can find where it originates.

- Tiptoe through the North Bank with your plimsols & your plastic pen knife
-Tiptoe through the Park Lane with your Hob Nails & your sawn off shotgun....
HI NN - So is that how it went- see songs in those days, you could understand the words :)

Do you remember that one about about 'we took the ...

I guess one word must have been 'Shed - maybe the other word as 'Kop ? Though that doesn't sound right - and definitely never happened - I don't think any away team has ever took the Kop or Stretford End for that mater.

HI NN - So is that how it went- see songs in those days, you could understand the words :)

Do you remember that one about about 'we took the ...

I guess one word must have been 'Shed - maybe the other word as 'Kop ? Though that doesn't sound right - and definitely never happened - I don't think any away team has ever took the Kop or Stretford End for that mater.

We took the North Bank in half a minute //
We took the Shed with the Chelsea in it //
We hammered the Hammers //
With carving knives and spanners // (??)
We taught Millwall how to fight //
You can't take the Shelf Side with the Tottenham in it //
'Cus the Tottenham fight all night!!

#propanaughty

We took the North Bank in half a minute //
We took the Shed with the Chelsea in it //
We hammered the Hammers //
With carving knives and spanners // (??)
We taught Millwall how to fight //
You can't take the Shelf Side with the Tottenham in it //
'Cus the Tottenham fight all night!!

#propanaughty
Bi Biff, thanks for the song, but that wasn't the one.

That one is the famous one that starts 'my old man said be an Woolwich fan'

The one I'm thinking of has got a happy tune, it's a bit like McNamara's Band, might even be that tune

It was years before I realised 'we are Tottenham, Super Tottenham' was sung to the tune of Sailing - so monotone and dirge-like is the football version compared to Rod Stewart's

It's like the Hammer's song - the original tune of Bubbles is quite pretty but West Ham's version takes about half the notes out -

Then again maybe it's my ears :)

I think there is a second verse to that song but i cant recall it at the moment.
As for the tune, i will have to try & do some research & see if i can find where it originates.
Second Verse

We returned to Old Trafford in 78
We didn't have tickets we tore down their gates

They wasn't expecting the Spurs to turn up
So the great Man United got battered to f**k

Back
Top Bottom