The mighty Spurs Vs Manu K.O: 16:30 Sunday 14th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't fussed to be honest, never really seen him as a Tottenham legend (neither do I have any love for Steven "Newcastle are a bigger club" Carr, but that's by the by), just one that briefly lit up a dark time for us. Couldn't wait to be gone, twice over. I've always felt we love him a thousand times more than he us. I doubt he gives us much thought to be perfectly honest
This is always a tough one. Berbatov? Sheringham? Keane? Bale? Modric? At what point does it become acceptable to leave for what, at least at the time, seemed like a bigger club?

This is always a tough one. Berbatov? Sheringham? Keane? Bale? Modric? At what point does it become acceptable to leave for what, at least at the time, seemed like a bigger club?

TBH completely get where your coming from, but I would say that every single one of them today looked like they cared and loved the fact they were invited to share that moment with us. Today was always about memories and appreciation...... it's just a shame some of the others couldn't be there :(

What an atmosphere. I wonder if the ManUre fans in attendance today thought to themselves, "That's the kind of noise we should've whipped up for a European semi-final on Thursday instead of being outsung all game by the away support."

Not tough at all.

It's acceptable as long as you accept that when the club says you are not for sale, you are not for sale, you don't refuse to play, train or tour in order to force a move.
You leave with mutual consent and show the club respect.

Some players did that, some did not.

Modric, Bale and Berbatov I lost all respect for. It has nothing to do with the fact they moved on, but the manner of their departure.
Modric and Berbatov behaved despicably.

It is quite something, Welcome to White Hart Lane in a sense as you have always known it, as you will perhaps forever remember it but will never see it again. Bill Nicholson Way, number 748 High Road Tottenham is due for demolition and rebirth and today a football club which has forever embraced the sporting endeavour of human beings of flesh and blood glories nostalgically in bricks and water.

Manchester United, for once the undercard, today as Spurs, near confirmed Premier League runners up, host them. We celebrate the fabric of a building, a site, a home. A home of Sandy Brown and Jimmy Dimmock long before any of us can remember, Bill Nicholson and Danny Blanchflower and Dave Mackay. Cliff Jones and Jimmy Greaves, the great Jimmy Greaves. Venables, Mullery, Jennings, Chivers and Peters. Perryman and Hughton, Ardiles and Villa, Crooks and Archibald. Hoddle and Waddle, Allen, Gascoigne, Lineker, Klinsmann, Ginola, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Bale, Modric, many glittering others and now the home of Alli and Kane.

And somehow fittingly the visitors are a historical kinder in spirit, showbiz, glamour, entertainment, buzz, glory glory Man United visit Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur. And the cockerel gazes down from its perch and the Spurs come marching in.

The site and the soundtrack of the Lane, 118 years across three different centuries.

And now the teams…

Match number 2533 at White Hart Lane, and the cockerel gets pic’d every week. Golden and glorious, an emblem of tradition at a club of tradition, Audere Est Facere, To Dare is to Do. And down the years they’ve done things properly here, its a club that prides itself on style, its a club that puts on an occasion, it’s a club that has won the greatest honours in the domestic game and it won’t be quite the same once its not this place anymore.

- Peter Drury's opening monologue

Last edited:
Not tough at all.

It's acceptable as long as you accept that when the club says you are not for sale, you are not for sale, you don't refuse to play, train or tour in order to force a move.

Modric, Bale and Berbatov I lost all respect for. It has nothing to do with the fact they moved on, but the manner of their departure.
Modric accepted we didn't want him to go to Chelsea and got his head down for another season to earn a move to Real Madrid. I don't remember him doing anything wrong

Modric accepted we didn't want him to go to Chelsea and got his head down for another season to earn a move to Real Madrid. I don't remember him doing anything wrong

Begrudgingly. He refused to play whilst the window was still open and told the press he wanted to play for Chelsea

He knuckled down after the window shut and he had no chance to leave.

That was after refusing to play in the opening game v Utd because "his head wasnt right" and being hauled off in the following game v City at half time for being shit and skulking around the pitch.

Then the window shut and he started playing well. All this after naming Chelsea as his desired destination in the papers weeks earlier. The following summer he refused to tour and was sold. Fuck him as far as Im concerned.

Anyway, its history now, and he wasnt there.

And to be fair to Berbatov yesterday, he did look genuinely touched.

Not tough at all.

I dunno. I agree with what you're saying and long said the same about Bale and especially Berbatov., but there were plenty of players that, while not going on strike, angled for a move behind the scenes or otherwise did things that irked the fans (Keane's Liverpool move for instance was very much against Levy's wishes - or so he claims). So I just think that on special days like yesterday perhaps it's time to forgive and forget...

Unless your name is Sol. Fuck that cunt.:dembelefingers::pochunimpressed::parker::avbfu::avbnaa::soldadowatch:

Thought Edgar Davies was an odd one myself, Defoe should have been there.

I think it would have been awkward for our ex players at relegated teams to attend. Shame though.

Was watching MoTD wondering if JJ was invited and, if not, whether it pissed him off that Davies was.

He knuckled down after the window shut and he had no chance to leave.

That was after refusing to play in the opening game v Utd because "his head wasnt right" and being hauled off in the following game v City at half time for being shit and skulking around the pitch.

Then the window shut and he started playing well. All this after naming Chelsea as his desired destination in the papers weeks earlier. The following summer he refused to tour and was sold. Fuck him as far as Im concerned.

Anyway, its history now, and he wasnt there.

And to be fair to Berbatov yesterday, he did look genuinely touched.
Fair enough mate I don't remember that

Club should release a dvd double bill of our last two games at WHL for those nights when xhamster just isn't cutting the mustard.

And I'm not talking about when Ginola walked out.

:llorishowudoin:

Three fantastic style moments during the final ceremony...

Daveeeeed filming himself as he came on
Cliff Jones rolling back the years with his cool-as-fuck run onto the pitch
Teddy bucking the blue blazer trend with a white jacket

Putting the celebrations aside for a moment
The players put on such a fitting last performance yesterday, i thought everyone of them were excellent and did the fans and the stadium proud ,especially the first half

Back
Top Bottom