The mighty Spurs Vs Manu K.O: 16:30 Sunday 14th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh, & 'East End boy' + 'massive Man U fan' = cunt in my book anyway.
Reckon they would let any of us celebrate the lives of those we love and loved Spurs in the Stadium ? As nice as it might have been for his family to be afforded that luxury, it's not right for one if it's not right for everyone. Fuck off Beckham.

.....And then I felt it. I was in shock. What is wrong with these people?

I am sorry to read that mate. Unfortunate as it is football stadiums have more than a few complete knobs, but mostly decent people thankfully. I have had it over the years with people and it's why I was so pleased no one was behind me this past 15 years since I moved to a certain East Stand block.

Funny enough I could have had a row yesterday with a few around me. People I have never seen before ! we had loads of people stand behind us including a girl who had never been to a game in her life before she even said "how long does a game last ?" A total cunt boasting about how he wandered over from another part of the stadium to be here ( no doubt paying less than us mugs with the season tickets ) and topped off by various "fans" who slipped the turnstile £50 each to get in ! All in the name of Spurs.

Generally these people add nothing to your life so don't think about them anymore than you have to. And let the good memories replace the bad. The twats in life are too vast to fight. Remember the good folks around you and who were decent. Fuck the rest.

The fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us for not actually moving away when we're moving stadium...

West Ham and Woolwich fans trying to console themselves after realising that we will be able to do the EXACT same trip we've been making since we were children to watch Tottenham Hotspur.

In a bigger stadium than their own

With a single tier that holds 17,500

With fans 5 meters from the pitch

And no running track

Purposely built for atmosphere

With consultation with fans groups about placing of fans that want to make noise

Basically everything their owners didnt give a FUCK about for them....yeah, Im so jealous we didnt move 5 miles away to some SHIT HOLE

Final thoughts on yesterday.

What a special day. I've seen a little criticism of the pitch invasion from pundits and a couple on here, and whilst everyone is welcome to their opinion, I can't agree. That was honestly one of the best moments of my life. Success and trophies are important in football but for me the feeling of togetherness and belonging that I experienced yesterday was more special than any 3 points.

Emotion was already high but as I stepped on that pitch it just flooded out of me! I lost my pals before we even reached the pitch but it didn't matter. I ran straight over to the centre spot, looked around and saw young children on there fathers shoulders, grown men cuddling their fathers, large groups of friends and families jumping around in joy and getting pictures for their "moment at the lane" 3 maybe 4 generations of Spurs fans sharing memories. I raised the first ever spurs flag I owned as a little nipper high above my head and looked up to the heavens, where old Bill Nic was having a little proud cry, the drops splattered off my face as he sent us a beautiful rainbow and chants of Tottenham till I die rang out. It was the most euphoric moment of my life! I'm only in my early twenties, I can't imagine what it was like for everyone who's been going through the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Everything about the day was perfect but that moment was as good as it gets. It wasn't vicious, there wasn't many acting stupid, it was just us celebrating our memories in our home.

Thanks to Levy for getting the day so right, thanks to players and poch for giving us a team to be so proud of. But most importantly thanks to everyone else there who I shared those moments with. Perfect strangers and a few very special friends.

It's surreal how perfect this all actually is. The way the club is being structured, trusting the youth, using our own money to build the stadium which looks fucking AMAZING, not moving away from WHL but literally just re-building it. Fun and attractive football, never having to shout at the team to push forward. One of the best defences in the world.

Please don't let this end :vdvcry:

The fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us for not actually moving away when we're moving stadium... This is the kind of upside-down thinking you get when a huge portion of your fans have never actually been to a live game, or know very little about the team they support besides "They play in London/Manchester". Not criticising fans who live abroad or anything, they contribute a lot and are often more knowledgeable than a lot of English fans. And also of course you can feel attached to a ground without having been to it, but it seems a lot of people have a massive misunderstanding when it comes to why upping sticks to another part of a city as big as London is bad for a football club's identity.

Tbf I didn't really see it as that much of a big deal - that was until I got in on Saturday night a bit pissed and it dawned on me that the day had arrived......all of a sudden I was an emotional mess.

Tbf I didn't really see it as that much of a big deal - that was until I got in on Saturday night a bit pissed and it dawned on me that the day had arrived......all of a sudden I was an emotional mess.
I just got in from work and put on the match of the day highlights and blubbed again. I just keep watching the footage. I am like some one in mourning ringing the awnser phone of departed love one so I can hear their voice one more time.

West Ham and Woolwich fans trying to console themselves after realising that we will be able to do the EXACT same trip we've been making since we were children to watch Tottenham Hotspur.

In a bigger stadium than their own

With a single tier that holds 17,500

With fans 5 meters from the pitch

And no running track

Purposely built for atmosphere

With consultation with fans groups about placing of fans that want to make noise

Basically everything their owners didnt give a FUCK about for them....yeah, Im so jealous we didnt move 5 miles away to some SHIT HOLE
I'm not sure you actually mean this.....

not even licencing officers coming to our pub at 10am and getting us all kicked out could ruin the day. Apparently it's better to have 50 blokes drinking cans on the street on a Sunday morning... so many highlights, every single one of my pals being out, ticketless mates jibbing in, all the old songs, getting on the pitch and climbing up the netting of the goal, the piss up after. Was a proper send off for a proper ground.

Yeah, he had decent skill levels but more importantly a good engine - up and down the pitch for 90 mins. It was the dawn of a new era for the modern midfielder, people realised superior fitness could partly compensate for a lack of genuine ability.
To be fair to him - Keegan was the epitome of that type of footballer

Never doubted the result would be 3 points and glory.

Man U took far too long to get their shit together. Handy for us that they were really eyeing Wednesday. Mourihno looked positively bored.

Gutted I didn't set my DVR for longer, I didn't know they would be covering the post game proceedings on NBC, but it turns out they were.

Anybody got a link/source for the post match action?

COYS

Never doubted the result would be 3 points and glory.

Man U took far too long to get their shit together. Handy for us that they were really eyeing Wednesday. Mourihno looked positively bored.

Gutted I didn't set my DVR for longer, I didn't know they would be covering the post game proceedings on NBC, but it turns out they were.

Anybody got a link/source for the post match action?

COYS
It's on the previous page, you lazy fucking bastard! :sonpoint:

:dierpochhug:

What a special day. I've seen a little criticism of the pitch invasion from pundits and a couple on here, and whilst everyone is welcome to their opinion, I can't agree. That was honestly one of the best moments of my life. Success and trophies are important in football but for me the feeling of togetherness and belonging that I experienced yesterday was more special than any 3 points.
I am (sorry, was) Paxton Upper. After people had been on the pitch a while, a lot of people around me started singing "get off the pitch". Partly it was a joke but some people were genuinely angry. I was singing "stay on the pitch" lol.

Although I wish I had been able to take part myself, seeing the pitch become filled up with joyous yids was really a special and euphoric moment.

Blinding post, by the way.

I am (sorry, was) Paxton Upper. After people had been on the pitch a while, a lot of people around me started singing "get off the pitch". Partly it was a joke but some people were genuinely angry. I was singing "stay on the pitch" lol.

Although I wish I had been able to take part myself, seeing the pitch become filled up with joyous yids was really a special and euphoric moment.

Blinding post, by the way.

By that point I had gone back to my seat because I was excited to see the legends, and I was happy we all got our moment but didn't prolong it and ruin the occasion.

It was a special day. Thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom