The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TFC's newest member, ready for us to smash this lot this afternoon... doesn't look too happy with Daddy's choice of team, though! :levywhoa:
uTWq5oJ.jpg

What a cutie (must take after his mum!) - seriously, congratulations to you all xx

thanks for the advice, I'm not feelin that great, so will just say this about yesterday's game - good first half but unless we kill games off when we are so far on top, then the opposition will always have hope that they can get a result. I personally think it would have been better if Poch had replaced Carroll with Nabil. The day had one positive - met Pat Jennings and Ledley in the Spurs shp before the game and managed to get a photo with both of them. Let's hope that we can get back on track for the weekend.

Excellent post.
Bentaleb couldn't have had less impact on the game, surely?
It seems as obvious in retrospect as it did when Carroll was named as a starter. I have nothing against him, it's not his fault he was picked.
It's not typical of Poch to tinker unnecessarily with a non losing team. He could have stuck with Dier and Alli in central midfield, played Son (who clearly needs time on the pitch) behind Kane. Eriksen left, Lamela right.
I'd be amazed if that team lost to the Horse Beaters. Seriously.

Excellent post.
It seems as obvious in retrospect as it did when Carroll was named as a starter. I have nothing against him, it's not his fault he was picked.
It's not typical of Poch to tinker unnecessarily with a non losing team. He could have stuck with Dier and Alli in central midfield, played Son (who clearly needs time on the pitch) behind Kane. Eriksen left, Lamela right.
I feel Poch /team had gone into auto pilot and was expecting to get the result regardless. I cant understand we rest players on Thurs then play Carol on Sunday ( I do understand you play the new boys when you are playinhg well). This was poor timing and I agree Son needs playing time. maybe this was blessing and will wake us up.

Excellent post.
Agree with this. But moreso needed an excuse to create a post just saying that I'm still fuming from this loss. T

It would be if it was endemic.
Or are you suggesting that as posters they should be given a free pass?

Some of them almost speak English....

(stab at humour)

Just seem to regularly see posts that slag people off for being American. Seems kind of pathetic. But then, why pick that out from the heaving mass of cringe this site often is, I suppose.

I feel like once we scored the goal the team just coasted like we had a great chance to keep it that scoreline. Then when they equalized the team had a "if we end with a draw at least we didn't lose." TOTALLY assuming that's how it was but it's a dangerous mentality to have. We need to be fucking ruthless.

I feel like once we scored the goal the team just coasted like we had a great chance to keep it that scoreline. Then when they equalized the team had a "if we end with a draw at least we didn't lose." TOTALLY assuming that's how it was but it's a dangerous mentality to have. We need to be fucking ruthless.

You would think that Pochettino would have been telling them that these draws aren't acceptable. As a manager even though you're telling the public that you're happy with a draw you need to be telling the dressing room that it's not good enough. Even when you win you need to be making sure they know they can be playing better. Like everyone else has said this will hopefully serve as a valuable wake up call.

You would think that Pochettino would have been telling them that these draws aren't acceptable. As a manager even though you're telling the public that you're happy with a draw you need to be telling the dressing room that it's not good enough. Even when you win you need to be making sure they know they can be playing better. Like everyone else has said this will hopefully serve as a valuable wake up call.
I think Gibbs said it in one of his blowhard rants and someone said it on the Football Weekly Podcast, something along the lines of Crystal Palace having lost 4 more games than us and still level on points. Those draws mean dick unless we can turn at least half of them into wins.

Years later, Mick still crying like a ten year old girl over my posts via a football forum. Evening sunshine. Just put me on ignore and call it a day vs going on and on about your distaste for yours truly.
It's mugs like you that ruin the forum. No fucker is crying like a 10 year old girl. Everyone gets their back up the moment you set foot in here. You give American fans a bad name. Then the genuine & decent fans from across the pond get tarred with your shitty brush. And your tie was definitely a clip on. :dembelefingers:

It's mugs like you that ruin the forum. No fucker is crying like a 10 year old girl. Everyone gets their back up the moment you set foot in here. You give American fans a bad name. Then the genuine & decent fans from across the pond get tarred with your shitty brush. And your tie was definitely a clip on. :dembelefingers:
I've said nothing to Mick in years. Meanwhile, its Phyllis, embarrassment, annoying, naif, blah, blah blah. In the end, he's the mug w/ his petty personal attack on me.

The best part about your post is even after taking my avatar down, your still having a go at it. My neck-tie is a clip on. You shamed me good. Is that the best you got ?

Apologies on ruining your forum here and my shitty brush (whatever the fock that means). Think of me however you please and how I give Americans such a terrible name. Could give a fock. I've been repping the badge here in America well before the CL run and the 2008 Carling Cup glory (my finest moments as a Spurs supporter). Not going anywhere so do me a favor like I told Mick. Put me on Ignore and call it a day.

xvEqPJe.gif

Seriously, do we need another cunt off? It's fucking tiring and nobody gives a shit about your boring pissing contests. Go to the off topic section if you really must, but for the love of God can we just keep this about Spurs?

xvEqPJe.gif

Seriously, do we need another cunt off? It's fucking tiring and nobody gives a shit about your boring pissing contests. Go to the off topic section if you really must, but for the love of God can we just keep this about Spurs?
I completely agree. But when i see another petty personal attack on me, I gotta respond. Couldn't live w/ myself if I didn't.

I'm simply responding to personal attacks on me. FYI: That by no means equates to me acting like a child. Grow up ? I'm pretty sure I'm the one here actually acting like an adult.
Having the inability to walk away from someone picking a fight to protect your overly-sensitive feelings or maintain your online rep is childish. Acting like an adult is having the ability to walk away from people trying to goad you and refusing to move down to their level.

Now, I'm taking my own advice and stopping because it's just not worth it.

Having the inability to walk away from someone picking a fight to protect your overly-sensitive feelings or maintain your online rep is childish. Acting like an adult is having the ability to walk away from people trying to goad you and refusing to move down to their level.

Now, I'm taking my own advice and stopping because it's just not worth it.
You're entitled to your opinion on what's childish, not that I agree w/ it. You think its "childish" to respond to some petty personal attacks from folks who you've said absolutely nothing too. I'd call that having a backbone. And, if you actually spent the time reading my replies to these petty personal attacks, I didn't actually go down to their level (outside of my response to Mick having another go at me after asking him to put me on Ignore). But good of you to walk away after calling me a child. Par for the course.

Back
Top Bottom