The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Screen_Shot_2017_05_02_at_12_26_48.png

The most pleasing thing about this performance for me was the context in which it was played, not just that it was against Arse, we know we have to play them at least twice a season, not just that it was the last NLD at the old WHL, that had been touted for a while beforehand, not just that if we won we'd finish ahead of Arse for the first time in a very, very, very short time. It was that Chelsea made a statement, and they made one right back. Poch said in his presser that only he and a few staff knew the Chelsea result before our game, that the players didn't know. I wonder how much truth there is in that... well done guys, that was a lot of pressure, and you drifted through it with ease.
We just don't give up, its the self belief that Poch has installed priceless!

Days later and I am still riding high. What a performance. Towards the beginning of the match Wanyama seemed off but then all of the sudden he became some kind of steam train, plowing to the front. Jan was flawless.

The 2-3 in 2010 rests deep inside me as one of the great moments. I still feel that one and have always gone to it in my heart when we have trailed in the NLD's that followed.

But this one speaks in a different way to me. While the 2-3 was a story of resilience, this one was of mastery, a display of honed talent and tactics, of heart. The other wins between then and now seemed like events where you entered feeling nervy and left elated but not with a certainty that was Sunday.

This had the feel of domination (ok after the first 20 minutes were done with) and determination that left little in doubt once Dele scored.

The whole thing was like shifting plates of the earth, one driving into the other, upending the strata and declaring a new world or the hopes of one at least. Saying to us "And this is how it shall be for the eons to follow."

Pretty fucking optimistic eh?

COYS

I'll confess to having tears in my eyes after the Kane penalty went in. At that point I knew it was over. Finally. After all those years, finally. And not by a little bit either. By a massive margin. Long may it continue. Felt so good and feel like I can completely be proud of the team / club / Levy.

Brilliant times.

Question for anyone at the game. What the fuck was going on in Block 31 yesterday ? As with the Millwall game it was mental how crowed it was in there yesterday. Way more people than allocated tickets I would say, and some "interesting" characters to boot ! Stewards as ineffective as usual and it was certainly not a nice feeling in there. Unlike Millwall it was mainly a non issue after half time as everyone was settled and moved on at half time but it was seriously overfull in the first half and not good atmosphere wise.

I've heard that someone on the gates has reverted back to the old days of letting people in post kick off for £20 notes on the door, but I can't believe that's true. But something odd is going on. Maybe just everyone was delayed due to those awe inspiring searches ? But I doubt that is the issue. I am all for terracing, and we never sit down, but terracing behavior in the aisles is not ideal and is dangerous I feel. One more match left so maybe it does not matter now, but I remain curious as to what is going on ?

I suspect people blag their way in on duplicate tickets - all you have to do on the day of the game is say you've lost a ticket and they hand you a new one. I highly doubt the system is sophisticated enough to void the barcode on the original...

I suspect people blag their way in on duplicate tickets - all you have to do on the day of the game is say you've lost a ticket and they hand you a new one. I highly doubt the system is sophisticated enough to void the barcode on the original...

I know someone that snuck in behind a mate at the barriers. If he did it then I'm sure others did

Funnily enough at the NLD I saw perhaps the fattest man I've ever seen. Dude was two people wide with little T rex arms which I doubt he could join together over his belly... I feel sorry for whoever sits next to him as they probably pretty much have to sit on or partially within him. I watched when he went to the turnstiles for this very reason, 'how the fuck is he going to get through there?!' Well he didn't, the steward banged on a wooden door for deliveries and ambulances and such and he went that way. He's Spurs though so obviously a good lad and right thinking gentleman.

Question for anyone at the game. What the fuck was going on in Block 31 yesterday ? As with the Millwall game it was mental how crowed it was in there yesterday. Way more people than allocated tickets I would say, and some "interesting" characters to boot ! Stewards as ineffective as usual and it was certainly not a nice feeling in there. Unlike Millwall it was mainly a non issue after half time as everyone was settled and moved on at half time but it was seriously overfull in the first half and not good atmosphere wise.

I've heard that someone on the gates has reverted back to the old days of letting people in post kick off for £20 notes on the door, but I can't believe that's true. But something odd is going on. Maybe just everyone was delayed due to those awe inspiring searches ? But I doubt that is the issue. I am all for terracing, and we never sit down, but terracing behavior in the aisles is not ideal and is dangerous I feel. One more match left so maybe it does not matter now, but I remain curious as to what is going on ?

I could see down from the lofty perches of the South Upper that it looked pretty packed down where you were..
I think EVERY part of the ground had people standing for the majority of the game... West Lower, even in block 44/South Upper... I have always stood (when possible) in the Park Lane/Shelf... but this was a first, even for me to see everyone standing up there... fucking went down a few rows when we scored, I don't mind telling you!
Fuck knows what it would be like at the Top of Wembley if that happened!

Secondly, this point >>
People with tickets in less noisy blocks probably squeeze in there for the atmosphere.
I know for a fact that during the Ch£l$ea league game at WHL this season, LOADS of people in the middle of the East Lower moved along to the corner to be nearer the Shelf/Park Lane... I know this 'cos I was one of them!

The stewards didn't seem to either notice or mind (not sure which) ...but remember, this season, there are plenty of fans who have been relocated to parts of the ground they wouldn't normally be...
if you had been relocated along to the middle of a stand, from which it is pretty easy to get across to the corner... I think you'd at least try it! The worst that happens is the Stewards move you back to your original, allocated seat!

...but I guess there are just a handful of games (NLD being the most obvious, plus West Ham & Chelsea to name but three) where everyone doing pretty much what they want is just about 'tolerated'...

I think there would've been a near riot had the stewards got involved on Sunday.
EVERYONE was determined to enjoy the last ever NLD... and stand where, and when they wanted to!

Funnily enough at the NLD I saw perhaps the fattest man I've ever seen. Dude was two people wide with little T rex arms which I doubt he could join together over his belly... I feel sorry for whoever sits next to him as they probably pretty much have to sit on or partially within him. I watched when he went to the turnstiles for this very reason, 'how the fuck is he going to get through there?!' Well he didn't, the steward banged on a wooden door for deliveries and ambulances and such and he went that way. He's Spurs though so obviously a good lad and right thinking gentleman.
If it's West Lower, I might know who you mean. If it's the same one, I used to know him through work. ST near the halfway line.

Have to say, for all the pre-match hullabaloo about getting fans to design the front cover of the programme, I was left feeling a little like it looked pretty much the same as any other matchday Programme cover... (not that I could've designed anything better, and it was fine) but there were certainly better, more historical looking ones submitted, that would've marked the significance of the occasion...

...or maybe they're saving all those for the Man Utd game; "The Official absolutely last game at White Hart Lane ever ever" Matchday programme on Sunday week!

I see on the website that Spurs are going to be offering ST holders the chance to buy their seats...well funnily enough in this game when Eriksen missed the chance in the first half, the bloke behind me kicked the back of my seat and broke it, it is now hanging by a thread and would be really easy to snap off. Temptation to remove it at the United game and get the seat for free rather than be offered to pay £300 for it...though I can imagine Spurs catching me and not being best pleased at missing out on the chance to make some money!

I see on the website that Spurs are going to be offering ST holders the chance to buy their seats...well funnily enough in this game when Eriksen missed the chance in the first half, the bloke behind me kicked the back of my seat and broke it, it is now hanging by a thread and would be really easy to snap off. Temptation to remove it at the United game and get the seat for free rather than be offered to pay £300 for it...though I can imagine Spurs catching me and not being best pleased at missing out on the chance to make some money!
I saw a bloke walking down the street after the Woolwich game with his seat and he was set upon by 6/7 police and arrested. :pochfacepalm:

50 quid for a seat that many have spent thousands, if not tens of thousands on over the years. makes me sick that they get away with it. I know plenty of people taking in screwdrivers or spanners to get their seats for free. I'm sure the club will tell stewards to keep an eye out for it though

Back
Top Bottom