The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As an American it’s hard for me to understand why the English media is so anti-spurs (at least according to this thread).

I watched NBC’s coverage and not only is every commentator praising us, but Robbie Earle is breaking down defensive plays and making our defense sound exciting.

I mean ESPN over here is fucking terrible, but it’s a joy to watch NBC after our wins.
Best pundits by far. I always tune up to NBC to watch the games, Rebecca and the 2 Robbies are not biased at all compared to the pricks on Sky, RMC Sport (french) etc...

The problem with simplistic binary thinkers is that they cant see the shades between the two sides of the coin, and they totally ignore the fact that in the two seasons that Poch sides were both dominant and beautiful to watch from a footballing perspective- there were also other equally magnificent teams competing against us on bigger budgets and with far more expensive squads. I guess that was Poch's fault as well.
This MO is working against sides that middling to good but I will be surprised if it can hold out against Liverpool whose midfield, passing and attacking players are too good to be held up by a Stoke/Wigan/Burnley hybrid approach topped off with two diamonds like Kane and Son.
I hate it because I want the results, but it's like we are murdering babies, seal puppies, elephants and dolphins to achieve them.
And the problem with people like you is that you still try to equate playing well in 2016 to Bill Nic or Keith B era’s.

We lost the CL final in 2019 by the way. And without getting there (which some of you call a miracle by the way....not good management or tactics but an divine act) what exactly were we that season?

“Levys fault“ in 3......2.......1......

Bore off Mick, you’ll be the first one trying to “celebrate together” come title day, but also the first dangling it all abaaaat in others faces should we fall short.

Last edited:
Took a sickie off work today and just re-watched the whole game - we were far more comfortable in that second half than I thought at the time. Honestly, we beat those shits without even trying that hard.
Glad to read this. I only saw on MoTD last night and the impression was that Goons were creating chances in the 2nd half

Yesterday was one of the first times in a long while where Spurs have been 2-0 up and I've felt confident we wouldn't concede and end up drawing.

I'm not a Pochettino basher, I really respect and enjoyed his time at Spurs, but I'd have been less confident in that second half with him in charge and not Jose. The second half was Jose to a tee, he didn't want to risk conceding a goal by constantly piling forwards. Woolwich never looked like scoring. He managed the game brilliant, and gave Arteta a schooling in management.

7 points from the last 3 games is a great return, one we'd have all snapped a hand off for, and in hindsight it could have 9 points. Another 3 tough games now, but we are in a superb position, and Jose has got everyone buying into his methods.

https://www.football365.com/news/16...olwich-harry-kane-heung-min-son-jose-mourinho

Some lovely word for us in here and they even dig out the bitterness and stupidity of Souness and Redknapp on Sky

Who here loves Troy Deeney ? I think he’s fantastic on Talksport. He’s definitely Spurs though, way to obvious.
He's really not.... but he definitely dislikes ArseAnal a LOT!
I think it's more a case of : "My Enemy's enemy is my friend" kinda thing!

...or maybe it's cos Watford's Training ground is right next door theirs, and he just hates the neighbours?

When Greame Souness a did something similar with the Galatasary flag, I understood how PROVOCATIVE it was.... but didn't realise just how FUNNY it is until THIS!

Last edited:
Watched MOTD yesterday.

That first goal, so much credit needs to be given to Reguilon for making that run and drawing 2 defenders across to open up space for Son.

Don't see Davies doing that from LB.
I said that to a mate I was watching it with. Reguilon makes that goal possible. His run allows Son to cut in. Surprised more pundits didn't pick up on it.

I will give credit that Arteta has learnt from Pep...

How to lose 2-0 away to Tottenham

images

Back
Top Bottom