The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take a minute to enjoy.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Watched MOTD yesterday.

That first goal, so much credit needs to be given to Reguilon for making that run and drawing 2 defenders across to open up space for Son.

Don't see Davies doing that from LB.

There is also the fact that their defence was a total shambles - absolutely nowhere, just jogging and watching. No marking, no awareness, no desire. Spectators, every one of them.

If that was my team I'd sack the lot of them.

Their biggest game of the season so far and they didn't even turn up.

And the problem with people like you is that you still try to equate playing well in 2016 to Bill Nic or Keith B era’s.

We lost the CL final in 2019 by the way. And without getting there (which some of you call a miracle by the way....not good management or tactics but an divine act) what exactly were we that season?

“Levys fault“ in 3......2.......1......

Bore off Mick, you’ll be the first one trying to “celebrate together” come title day, but also the first dangling it all abaaaat in others faces should we fall short.
jesus you really are an obnoxious and odious, poster

What I have, is called an opinion, just because its not a jigsaw fit to yours doesn't mean it's either irrelevant or wrong, it just mean that it's the one that fits the way I think and feel. And you know what - I'd rather frequent gay bars wearing a full gooner strip than think like you, talk like you, post like you or express myself like you.

I equate playing well to playing good football, beating teams by playing better than they do - and you know what - like they old saying goes, by going out and beating them, and not waiting for them to die of boredom.
I like to be entertained by the Spurs teams I watch, so fucking sue me! I like to see us absolutely muller teams, thrash the fucking arse off them, by grinding them into the turf.

I understand that there are different ways to get results, we all watched Greece do it in 2004, we watched Leicester do it, we saw Wigan beat City in the FA cup and for us oldies we saw Sunderland beat Leeds doing it when the world was in black and white.

I have said on several occasions I AM A SPURS FAN - I have been since the mid 60s and I will be until I die. So I will celebrate any and every win, no matter how its achieved - tell me, you dumb, peabrained tosser - why the fuck wouldn't I?

But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't have enjoyed it more, if it had been achieved by playing football by a team consisting of Pele, Cruff, Moore, Greaves, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Messsi, Ronaldo, Jairzinho, Rivelinho and Banks - or one miraculously played by 11 amazingly talented Penthouse playmates whose clothes kept falling off.

Just because Mourinho has hit on a winning formula that happens to be ugly to watch - why can't I simultaneously enjoy watching Spurs win and do well, but not see the fact that it aint pretty to watch? Because I hate to tell you this - it really isn't.

The biggest bore on this site is you, because you are permanently abusive to bloody everyone that doesn't share your opinion.

Took a sickie off work today and just re-watched the whole game - we were far more comfortable in that second half than I thought at the time. Honestly, we beat those shits without even trying that hard.
Was Jose at his purest. Come out flying and emotional, maybe win 4-0.....also maybe draw 2-2?

Fk that, cold, clinical 2-0. If you know football, you know we wiped the floor with them. Disrespected them really, it was like a training game in the second half where we let them have it to try and give us a test. They failed.

Watched in my local Pub, had a younger crowd that were gooners that i dont know,and to say they were typically mouthy Woolwich scum is an understatement.It was a joy to behold to watch them implode and have my crowds cheers and abuse ringing in their darling little ears.
Comment of the night goes to one of the ladies that was with them." dont really bother me that much,as i aint that interested" so disinterested that you were wearing the filths rather laughable and disgusting away shirt?!... Oh how i chuckled

What I have, is called an opinion, just because its not a jigsaw fit to yours doesn't mean it's either irrelevant or wrong, it just mean that it's the one that fits the way I think and feel. And you know what - I'd rather frequent gay bars wearing a full gooner strip than think like you, talk like you, post like you or express myself like you.

I equate playing well to playing good football, beating teams by playing better than they do - and you know what - like they old saying goes, by going out and beating them, and not waiting for them to die of boredom.
I like to be entertained by the Spurs teams I watch, so fucking sue me! I like to see us absolutely muller teams, thrash the fucking arse off them, by grinding them into the turf.

I understand that there are different ways to get results, we all watched Greece do it in 2004, we watched Leicester do it, we saw Wigan beat City in the FA cup and for us oldies we saw Sunderland beat Leeds doing it when the world was in black and white.

I have said on several occasions I AM A SPURS FAN - I have been since the mid 60s and I will be until I die. So I will celebrate any and every win, no matter how its achieved - tell me, you dumb, peabrained tosser - why the fuck wouldn't I?

But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't have enjoyed it more, if it had been achieved by playing football by a team consisting of Pele, Cruff, Moore, Greaves, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Messsi, Ronaldo, Jairzinho, Rivelinho and Banks - or one miraculously played by 11 amazingly talented Penthouse playmates whose clothes kept falling off.

Just because Mourinho has hit on a winning formula that happens to be ugly to watch - why can't I simultaneously enjoy watching Spurs win and do well, but not see the fact that it aint pretty to watch? Because I hate to tell you this - it really isn't.

The biggest bore on this site is you, because you are permanently abusive to bloody everyone that doesn't share your opinion.
Simple question Mick,

Would you rather continue to play what you consider to be boring football (I consider it to be a tactical and defensive master class) and win some silverware OR play free flowing attacking football, beat the odd team 4-5 nil but come up short? Because we've tried it that way and won nothing. Besides that was our approach against the bigger sides, we will have to play a lot more progressive to beat the lesser teams so that isn't going to be the blueprint all season.

But I don't see the point in those that moan about the play style personally, this is now our approach since the West Ham game where we played gung ho and came unstuck. It's here to stay.

Having a quick scout around other teams forums and it is fucking glorious. Boring, defensive....blah blah fucking blah. They don't like it because we are not being 'Spurs', ie, lovely football that ultimately ends in failure.

Fuck 'em.

When we have a weak under belly, they are Spursy this Spursy that.. Now we are bastards we are boring..

The amount of piss we boil is my drug.

Harry Class A you know the rest blud, Pierre-Emilie Hoj-Busquets, Sonaldo, Son Perrignon.
Danny Cadburys Roses, Moussa Sa-Soul-train

I've started calling our players the same names without realising I'm doing it, the guy is infectious
He is. Very entertaining and quick witted. However, I wished he'd stop saying: "You see dem way dair" means absolutely fuck all.

Amazing performence first half we outwitted them and second half we just shut up shop how we have wanted to do for years. They posed almost no threat to us as Dier and Toby just hoovered everything up.

Also the media coverage of the after game was a disgrace! We have been Dr Tottenham and had a soft underbelly for years to them, as soon as we turn into a more pragmatic winning team we are boring and a disgrace

Fuck em if we get trophy's I couldn't care how we do it, no good playing nice football to win fuck all

This issue shouldn't be contentious at all. Fans are entitled to say they want more forward thinking football. And as someone that likes both Poch and Jose, I have to accept both will get criticism - one for the style, one for the lack of silverware after promising so much. I have defended both from what I deem unfair criticism at times but I can't deny those sentiments exist amongst certain sections of fans

Personally I enjoyed Pochs football and I am now enjoying how competitive and resilient Jose has made us. I'm sure critics of both would have celebrated wildly had we/should we win anything. We've all been suffering this trophy drought together. For now I'm loving Jose-ball - its effective, ita getting results in the big games and its scaring our rivals and the media.

Watched in my local Pub, had a younger crowd that were gooners that i dont know,and to say they were typically mouthy Woolwich scum is an understatement.It was a joy to behold to watch them implode and have my crowds cheers and abuse ringing in their darling little ears.
Comment of the night goes to one of the ladies that was with them." dont really bother me that much,as i aint that interested" so disinterested that you were wearing the filths rather laughable and disgusting away shirt?!... Oh how i chuckled
Would loved to have seen that. Wankers.

Back
Top Bottom