The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having a quick scout around other teams forums and it is fucking glorious. Boring, defensive....blah blah fucking blah. They don't like it because we are not being 'Spurs', ie, lovely football that ultimately ends in failure.

Fuck 'em.

Compare & Contrast (45+1 mins):

IhH26bV.jpg
vP8gE15.jpg

The problem with simplistic binary thinkers is that they cant see the shades between the two sides of the coin, and they totally ignore the fact that in the two seasons that Poch sides were both dominant and beautiful to watch from a footballing perspective- there were also other equally magnificent teams competing against us on bigger budgets and with far more expensive squads. I guess that was Poch's fault as well.
This MO is working against sides that middling to good but I will be surprised if it can hold out against Liverpool whose midfield, passing and attacking players are too good to be held up by a Stoke/Wigan/Burnley hybrid approach topped off with two diamonds like Kane and Son.
I hate it because I want the results, but it's like we are murdering babies, seal puppies, elephants and dolphins to achieve them.
Football is a game that can be played in many different ways though Mick

We’ve been roasted by rivals for too long regarding our lack of trophies. If this is what it takes to shut the clowns up then I’m all for it. We tried the pretty football approach and it didn’t work.

I completely understand how you feel as I also prefer the Poch style football, but I’ve come round to the idea that you need to be truly special to play that way and win trophies and we aren’t that special

So let’s dig deep and grind out results, then shove a trophy down the throats of these dick head oppo fans calling us spursy

We tried being the nice guys, now we’re the bad guys and to be honest I’m enjoying the ride

The result was brilliant.
Outstanding defensive performance .

Mourinho masterclass attrition if slightly bland football. It can be a hard watch when in the second half we hardly ever attacked.
Everybody put a shift and defense was bomb proof. Kane and Sol are truly world class.
Nit picking Little Dutch bergy offers so little in attack , poor touch and runs know where. Certainly could be improved on. Le Celso besides work rate lacked a creative element .
9/10 performance
4/10 neutral entertainment value

Having a quick scout around other teams forums and it is fucking glorious. Boring, defensive....blah blah fucking blah. They don't like it because we are not being 'Spurs', ie, lovely football that ultimately ends in failure.

Fuck 'em.
I'll gladly park the bus some more if it pisses people off.

They already dislike us. May as well make it hell to face us.

Fuck 'em.
I don’t believe that fans of other clubs actually watch us. I mean do you settle down with a couple of bottles of cider and a pie to watch 90 minutes of West Brom v Burnley? Every single one of them would take top of the league even if it meant drowning their children’s pets to achieve it.

Football is a game that can be played in many different ways though Mick

We’ve been roasted by rivals for too long regarding our lack of trophies. If this is what it takes to shut the clowns up then I’m all for it. We tried the pretty football approach and it didn’t work.

I completely understand how you feel as I also prefer the Poch style football, but I’ve come round to the idea that you need to be truly special to play that way and win trophies and we aren’t that special

So let’s dig deep and grind out results, then shove a trophy down the throats of these dick head oppo fans calling us spursy

We tried being the nice guys, now we’re the bad guys and to be honest I’m enjoying the ride
As I said, I'm enjoying the results. I'm loving the fact that we're top and that its pissing people off and I'm even secretly enjoying that its hurting fans of other clubs that we are doing it in an eyeball crunching manner (albeit topped off with delicious goals)
I'm a Spurs fan, I'm hardly going to be upset, am I?

I'd just like to have my cake and eat it.

But for now I'll settle for looking and admiring it!

I'm actually quite enjoying (in some weird, masochist way) watching us suffocate other teams. Being nice and playing with a load of skill and verve won us two tenths of fuck all, so why not?

Intelligent cunts...

The problem with simplistic binary thinkers is that they cant see the shades between the two sides of the coin, and they totally ignore the fact that in the two seasons that Poch sides were both dominant and beautiful to watch from a footballing perspective- there were also other equally magnificent teams competing against us on bigger budgets and with far more expensive squads. I guess that was Poch's fault as well.
This MO is working against sides that middling to good but I will be surprised if it can hold out against Liverpool whose midfield, passing and attacking players are too good to be held up by a Stoke/Wigan/Burnley hybrid approach topped off with two diamonds like Kane and Son.
I hate it because I want the results, but it's like we are murdering babies, seal puppies, elephants and dolphins to achieve them.
It worked against Chelsea and they look better than pool so far. Opposition have to nullify our counter which hinders their attack. The alternative is to go gung ho against us and hope to score first which pool might try.

counter attacks are beautiful. Defending like Toby against Aubamayang is too. Clean sheets, also. Three points. Trophies. All beautiful.

The result was brilliant.
Outstanding defensive performance .

Mourinho masterclass attrition if slightly bland football. It can be a hard watch when in the second half we hardly ever attacked.
Everybody put a shift and defense was bomb proof. Kane and Sol are truly world class.
Nit picking Little Dutch bergy offers so little in attack , poor touch and runs know where. Certainly could be improved on. Le Celso besides work rate lacked a creative element .
9/10 performance
4/10 neutral entertainment value
Fuck the neutrals though. I don't care if they are being entertained by us.

My entertainment will be watching Hugo, Harry, PEH et al lifting some beautiful silver above their heads.

I am a Spanish madridista fan of Mou and Bale and my take on this is that Mou wasn't liked in the beginning in Madrid since we had a 100 years tradition of being the most gentleman club always playing offensively and dominating the games with courage and counterattack was sacrilege and the coaches would always be polite with the media, and etc.

Well, Mou was all the opposite. One who never kneel on the press even when in Spain they attacked him fiercely from the first day, he denounced all the corruption around Barcelona both in Europe and Spain, he made Real Madrid play like a small team, defensively, on counter attack, shamefully for us, and worst of all, he only got one league and one cup in three years. He was given longer time than any former coach without titles and still he wouldn't win more than that, which is terribly poor for a Real Madrid coach.

And still, half of the madridistas became loyal followers because we saw that what he did was right, he took the right decisions with tremendous personality and intelligence, he was our best executive while being just the coach (in Spain, coaches are not managers whatsoever), and most of all, he took a team that had been eliminated 6 years in a row in Europe in 1/8 finals and took it to 3 semifinals in a row, leading to 4 titles in 5 years with Ancelotti and Zidane, who we believe that could make it because he founded the basis with all the long needed changes and restructuring he made.

So me and many other madridistas following Tottenham this year we believe he can transform the Spurs into a big one or the best one if given time. Even if the league is won this year, he will do more than that if he has time, a more profound transformation of the club at managerial, financial, mentality and structural levels to make it big. Not only a title or two but much more than that.

I think Spurs could accept forgetting the beautiful game and becoming the bad guys playing defensively and counter attack for a while if they saw results and specially long term structural changes, not a lucky league in a lucky season and never again. For me it was terrible to see Real Madrid defending like rabbits on the holy Bernabéu in front of Barça, but in the long run I admit he made very big changes that brought a much bigger trophy with the 4 Cups of Europe. You now have the best 9 in the world as we had Cristiano and two or three very big players such as Son, Bale or Højbjerg and they could end up making history.

Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom