The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. BVB Dortmund||Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep fair enough and he has won things at top clubs all over Europe. Vinny had one season the Dutch league.

Yet llorente seems immune to criticism for no goals scored. He had a good game at the bernabau and that's it, he looks laboured, clumsy and nothing like a proven striker. Vinny was criticized for all those things last season despite his lack of experience. For me I would rather have a young, hungry striker who will make errors but can be coached than a veteran striker who is looking like he has never played in his life.

Thing is we didnt sit down and say "lets buy a slow, ageing bloke that can't score".

You originlly asked why did we buy him. Gave you the reason even though the answer was blatant.

Can you imagine them two doing anyhting as cringeworthy as this:

Although Gold is not committed as much as The Gnome with no home.

Thinks: “ ffs this is more embarrassing than the time I caught my old man shagging my wife. There, that’s a bit more ambiguous. I can say I’m folding my arms “
Thats how they rate WHU performances?

Can you imagine them two doing anyhting as cringeworthy as this:

Although Gold is not committed as much as The Gnome with no home.

Thinks: “ ffs this is more embarrassing than the time I caught my old man shagging my wife. There, that’s a bit more ambiguous. I can say I’m folding my arms “
Not sure how we got onto S&G on the Dortmund thread but...

The state of those two. If you wanted to explain the word "dodgy" in a single image this would do it. The one on the left looks like he's planning to mug the photographer after the shots taken, and the other one smiling is even worse. Like some sadistic Bond villain only without the class and style. For the spanners this must just be a waking nightmare, seeing them flash their blingy watches whilst asset stripping the club into oblivion. Its like they're straight taking the piss.

Right then, my account of the day. Went with Sports option as a day trip. One of only three females on the plane. At Stansted at 6am, so had breakfast at the airport. Was shocked to see guys drinking beer with theirs, goodness knows what state they were in by the end of the day. Coach dropped us off at the stadium and we had a quick look in the shop. Then went into town for a bite to eat, then met up with friends in the main square. Had a drink in the Wenkers Bar (yes, really!). Made way back to the stadium, supporters all in good voice, but I always worry that they would sing themselves out before the game (no worries this time). Was in the ground about 40 minutes before kick off. Couldn't understand why they sing 'You'll never walk alone' before a game. Thought we out sung the yellow wall - was expecting so much more from them. Don't know if it was because we were quite a distance from them but apart from when they scored, could hardly hear them. When we sang 'The Thing I like most is being a Yid' for about 20 minutes, and chorus after chorus of 'Glory, Glory Hallelujah' knew that it was going to be a special night. My only complaint was that we didn't sing a song for Sonny when he scored. When we left the ground, there was no segregation, didn't see any problems with rival supporters, all seemed very friendly. Went back to the coach and found one of our party had a tad too much to drink, had fallen over and cut his head and ended up missing his flight home and got taken to hospital.

With regards to the game, well you all saw it. When we play well, it is a joy to witness. Although we went one behind, I felt quite confident that we would get back into the game. Excellent team performance, the management and coaching staff have given us a team that we can be proud of.

Was there any issues getting in this year?

Were their Stewards the total Shitheads they were last year??

Hopefully one or two got the crap slapped out of them.

Yep. Big hold ups at the turnstiles. You know how fans get treated. Silly bastards searching people right as you went through the turnstile, causing further back ups.Lots of tickets not being read by the machines and surly bastards ordering everyone about.
Even the home fans got the hump with it. On a better note, I have never seen so many happy Yids.
Continuous Being a yid, verses for 20 minutes had the the locals just staring at us. Top night.

Right then, my account of the day. Went with Sports option as a day trip. One of only three females on the plane. At Stansted at 6am, so had breakfast at the airport. Was shocked to see guys drinking beer with theirs, goodness knows what state they were in by the end of the day. Coach dropped us off at the stadium and we had a quick look in the shop. Then went into town for a bite to eat, then met up with friends in the main square. Had a drink in the Wenkers Bar (yes, really!). Made way back to the stadium, supporters all in good voice, but I always worry that they would sing themselves out before the game (no worries this time). Was in the ground about 40 minutes before kick off. Couldn't understand why they sing 'You'll never walk alone' before a game. Thought we out sung the yellow wall - was expecting so much more from them. Don't know if it was because we were quite a distance from them but apart from when they scored, could hardly hear them. When we sang 'The Thing I like most is being a Yid' for about 20 minutes, and chorus after chorus of 'Glory, Glory Hallelujah' knew that it was going to be a special night. My only complaint was that we didn't sing a song for Sonny when he scored. When we left the ground, there was no segregation, didn't see any problems with rival supporters, all seemed very friendly. Went back to the coach and found one of our party had a tad too much to drink, had fallen over and cut his head and ended up missing his flight home and got taken to hospital.

With regards to the game, well you all saw it. When we play well, it is a joy to witness. Although we went one behind, I felt quite confident that we would get back into the game. Excellent team performance, the management and coaching staff have given us a team that we can be proud of.

Nice report of the days proceedings.

P.S.
Don't be afraid to use paragraphs in here..............

:hugoshock:

Yep fair enough and he has won things at top clubs all over Europe. Vinny had one season the Dutch league.

Yet llorente seems immune to criticism for no goals scored. He had a good game at the bernabau and that's it, he looks laboured, clumsy and nothing like a proven striker. Vinny was criticized for all those things last season despite his lack of experience. For me I would rather have a young, hungry striker who will make errors but can be coached than a veteran striker who is looking like he has never played in his life.
Agreed. There is no denying what he has achieved but it's reeks of a redknapp style signing to me. Will be amazed if his fitness improves for next season in order to keep up with the rest of the squad. I do sense there is a touch of the danny rose mentality within a good percentage of the squad otherwise I feel crouchy would have been a better signing over llorente

Thought we out sung the yellow wall - was expecting so much more from them. Don't know if it was because we were quite a distance from them but apart from when they scored, could hardly hear them.
Agree, from what I'd read about them I was expecting one of the best atmospheres in Europe. Not sure if it was just because they were all but out of the competition, but their atmosphere was very disappointing, it was no better than Palace away...a couple of hundred ultras singing and no one else.

Great night and trip though :)

Wonderful trip. I thought the atmosphere in the main square was better last time but the weather and Christmas markets probably didn't help for this one.
The organisation in Wenkers was a complete shambles compared to last time too, the staff behind the bar were at eachothers throats all afternoon.

The atmosphere in the ground was brilliant though. As others said the continuous "being a yid" for 15-20 minutes was excellent and even after they scored all I could hear were our fans singing (Glory Glory).
Second half performance was fantastic and thoroughly deserved the win in the end. Finally seen us win away in Europe too which was an unexpected bonus.

The only real negative of the day was the train back to Dusseldorf after the game took forever, on what was already the slow train.

Top day though. Bring on the knockouts.

....Or how about a revamp of the old Modic/Bananarama?

Na na na na, hey hey hey Heung Min Son!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom