The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. BVB Dortmund||Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brave man. I'd rather avoid them tbh. I think their style of play, not to mention the fact they're awesome, is our kryptonite. I'd really like to play Barca later in the competition just so I can see Messi play in the flesh whilst he's at his peak.
Got to beat the best to be the best.
I feared for us against Madrid. I genuinely did.
Yes, Bayern are awesome. But on our day, so are we.
I would love to knock them out along the way.
Or put another way, even if they edged past us, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be a 10-2 decimation across 2 legs. So even if we went out, the Gooners would still have to suck it up
:kaneshh:

When are the next round of fixtures. Seems Toby being out is a massive blow and really impacts things. We looked much better than the weekend but with him in the team we're another level (not that shit 90s bad).
Three weeks time. Plenty of rotation against APOEL please. Keep people as fresh as possible going into Xmas. Good opportunity to play the likes of Oakley-Booth, Foyth, Llorente, N'Koudou or even Skipp.

Great team performance tonight, all of them put in a shift and worked hard for the win. I thought Dier was outstanding in the back three, won tackles, position wise spot on and was agressive in the air. Aurier was impressive and rose getting 90 minutes will help get his match sharpness back.

As for llorente, if anyone can tell me why this guy was seen as an improvement on janssen then please let me know?

14 EPL goals for a relegation candidate.

Three weeks time. Plenty of rotation against APOEL please. Keep people as fresh as possible going into Xmas. Good opportunity to play the likes of Oakley-Booth, Foyth, Llorente, N'Koudou or even Skipp.

I think you’ll find Kane will want to play in every CL game, he wants to be top scorer in all he plays in.

I think we make some changes but nothing to drastic.

I think you’ll find Kane will want to play in every CL game, he wants to be top scorer in all he plays in.

I think we make some changes but nothing to drastic.
I have no doubt you're right. That said, sometimes what is best for the side needs to take precedence. After the Apoel game we have 7 games in 25 days. It's going to be a huge effort from everyone and any rest we can get should be taken imo.

I watched it today, already knew the result so was a relaxing watch with zero stress :)

Man, that was some starting lineup, thats really saying right lets get the win.
I would argue that is our strongest possible lineup at the moment.

Thought we did alright before they scored, composed but without causing much threat. Their goal I actually think that was a good goal, bit of brilliance flicking it through to Aubameyang and Lloris didn't have much chance. Afterwards though, we stepped up and had a good response, several chances / half chances and they made some good saves. After the break we were just full on super Pro mode, we stepped up again and gave them nothing while we looked more threatening. Kane and Son's goals were absolute beautys, real nice finishes. All in all a tidy and composed match.

How sweet it is to finish top of the group of death. Especially after everyone non Spurs would have laughed at us and probably had money on us being in Europa after 3 matches.

What Woolwich result??

Just what was needed... and at 0-1 down (and Real Madrid 15-0 up or whatever it was) at HT... I expect the media hacks were waiting with baited breath... Kane wants out... Dele to Man City... Barca hating Poch is top of Madrid's wishlist... Son won't go down on me, but will go to Bayern... Trippier is Milan's #1 target... Ajax enquire about KWP,
Spurs kit-man is on PSG's wishlist!

...tomorrow's headlines were already written in crayon... time to get out the rubber boys!!
:dembelefingers::pochsmirk:

Genius!!!! :dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

I had to watch the game on record. So I already knew the result which spoils it a bit but... we were goooood, weren't we?! I love this team when it plays well. Silky passing among the back three, among everyone really, sharp runs and line breaking from the full backs, the pressing, oh the pressing, voracious, and a bit of flair too. I like what I see. We're the type of team that you want to show to a new convert to the sport. Am I right, Americans?

Some compliments through gritted teeth from a gooner this morning.

"Fair play for topping the group, no one saw you doing that. Fortunate that Dortmund and Madrid are nowhere near their best at the moment.""

I replied with "well you'll be able to see how good Dortmund are for yourself because they've dropped down into that Thursday night competition that you're in havent they?"

Intriguing that your return to the forum coincided with our loss to Woolwich. But when we were on our great run, you were nowhere to be seen. Just like John. Love pissing on this club but as soon as that's brought to attention you talk about ''great victories''. When you wankers haven't even celebrated ours all season, just turn up to shit on the side when we lose as John admitted he does.
Just listen to yourself will you. I post on here win lose or draw.
Try revelling in our victory and sharing your joy with all fellow Spurs. Glory Glory and all that. No need to use every win as an excuse to dig out those of a different opinion. It's cheap and pointless

Back
Top Bottom