The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was very pleased with half-time subs. One of my biggest criticisms of Poch over the years is that he always waits until about 75 minutes when the substitution will have very little chance of making an impact on the game. More of this when things are glaringly wrong with our first half performances, please!

Great subs, but they were forced. Dembele was injured, and Wanyama was one foul from being sent off.

It was fantastic to see Eriksen as a central midfielder. He was sublime in that position, just like he was against City athome.

All our away games are going to be like this now, teams are going to pack in behind the ball and are not going to give us a second on the ball.

It's going to be a stressful few weeks!

Great subs, but they were forced. Dembele was injured, and Wanyama was one foul from being sent off.

It was fantastic to see Eriksen as a central midfielder. He was sublime in that position, just like he was against City athome.
The subs were forced and worked out well. It showed that we needed some injection of pace and change. Often managers make changes to freshen up the team, HR did it all the time with a youngster or an old head. Rose against Woolwich.

So fans give him about 2 minutes on the field before slating him.

Jesus, and people wonder why he is devoid of confidence.
He's posted on twitter about the result and I was pleasantly surprised (FYI I thought he did well in the whole) to see almost 100% of the comments were of encouragement and positively towards him (bar the odd idiot).

I know I gave u a bit of banter about this comment during the game but I do agree with the sentiment. Anyone that directly @s one of our players on twitter etc to criticise or hurl abuse is a complete moron and as u say it's counter productive and will no doubt knock their confidence any further.

I'm very pleased to see the support he's getting in the mediums he'll actually be seeing.

Id take Sissoko for 30M over Pogba for 90M......several times he´s changed the momentum in a game and made a difference.

Can Utd say the same for three times the price and the fact he´s played nearly every game this season

IvttqLK.jpg

Eh?
:llorishuh:

All our away games are going to be like this now, teams are going to pack in behind the ball and are not going to give us a second on the ball.

It's going to be a stressful few weeks!

Teams do that to us at White Hart Lane though and we always find a way through. I'm willing to bet we won't meet another team this season as well organised as Palace were yesterday.

It's why I get all my football discussion and insight from forums. (Oh, and When Saturday Comes. But they never cover us.) The media is dead on it's feet.

Even thinking ArsenalFanTV may not be trustworthy as a source of info these days.
It's funny, I thought about this in the pre-match buildup when they were singing Eriksen's praises. We've been saying how important/in form he is for weeks and they're finally catching up! Then I heard the radio commentary on 5live theorising that the half time changes would mean that Eriksen would play up top with Kane, and Alli would slot back into central midfield.
:deledoubt:

Honestly, if they dragged any of us onto Match of the Day we'd be able to offer more insight into how Spurs play.

Except maybe Gibbsey.

1nzbqr.jpg

Love knowing that the Chelsea fans and Chelsea players watched the game last night. Both Hazard and Cahill were talking after their game against Southampton how the pressure was on us. And having lost to Palace themselves at Stamford Bridge they would have thought we'd have dropped points against them away from home. They'd have been hoping for signs of mental damage from their beating us in the cup too.

But Palace only had one shot on target all game, we controlled the game and took all three points. I actually like that it was late on that we scored because Chelsea would have got their hopes up by then, only for Eriksen to upset them. Lovely.

Pressure back on Chelsea against a team very capable of beating them.

Back
Top Bottom