The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really hope they do a job tomorrow.

Could do with Liverpool dropping more points and Palace getting further from the relegation zone. As it stands, they are only 4 points clear and a loss tomorrow doesn't help them. If they lose tomorrow, they will be even more up for this.

Pressure would REALLY be on us if Chelsea get a win at home to Southampton the day before - but we need to play our game and we'll win. We are a much better team than Palace. We need to put this FA Cup game behind us, we lost and we can't turn back time. Get the win, get the 3 points, get closer to top four confirmation and then go from there.

MASSIVE game coming up next weekend against Woolwich so will be interesting to see the line up, though we don't really have much scope for rotation with some of the injuries we have.

Lloris
Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Trippier - Wanyama - Dembele - Davies
Eriksen - Alli
Kane
So I think we'll probably go with this. Pretty straight forward. It doesn't seem like Walker can actually play more than 1 game a week and the North London Derby is very important. Hopefully Rose is back for that game too because those two are a different animal.

I think we'll win this but it isn't going to be easy.

2-1.
Kane x2

Massive week coming up. Palace have turned the corner and have got some brilliant results of late.

The main reason for their turn in fortunes is Sakho. He's been immense, and will be fully rested as he's ineligible for the Liverpool game. Zaha and Townsend will cause us problems as well so we need to be on the ball defensively.

- Lloris -
- Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies -
- Wanyama Dembele -
- Son Alli Eriksen -
- Kane -
Hopefully Rose is back for the NLD, then I'd go back to 3-4-2-1 against Woolwich.

We need Poch to get the players to refocus and recover quickly. Concede early to Palace, lose 2 on the trot before facing Woolwich, and it's a massive slippery slope.

Nothing better for a bounce back than something to focus on, timing for this is ideal, most of them will have a days less rest in their legs, it's perfect timing for us tbh

No excuses, and no looking at what those blue plastic cunts do, i don't give a fuck.

If we set a new all time league point total it's because we won 2 of our last 6

If we come second it's because we only dropped 5 points from 18

And if we finish above the scum it's because we ended them on Sunday

Fuck Chelsea. If we win the league it is because we did the above and they fucked up, but let's be blunt, chances of that now are slim

All of these, plus being in the SF, are our signs of progress from last year in the season we were supposed to finish 6th behind Maureen, Pep and the bindippers

The next 6 games, starting Wednesday, will also show if we can cope with two big knocks (Ugo and the Chavs), and is the real benchmark of our forward progress mentally as well as physically

Bring on Wednesday, bring on 3 points, and bring on our best League season in my 40 years on this planet

Really hope they do a job tomorrow.

Could do with Liverpool dropping more points and Palace getting further from the relegation zone. As it stands, they are only 4 points clear and a loss tomorrow doesn't help them. If they lose tomorrow, they will be even more up for this.

Pressure would REALLY be on us if Chelsea get a win at home to Southampton the day before - but we need to play our game and we'll win. We are a much better team than Palace. We need to put this FA Cup game behind us, we lost and we can't turn back time. Get the win, get the 3 points, get closer to top four confirmation and then go from there.

MASSIVE game coming up next weekend against Woolwich so will be interesting to see the line up, though we don't really have much scope for rotation with some of the injuries we have.

Lloris
Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Trippier - Wanyama - Dembele - Davies
Eriksen - Alli
Kane
So I think we'll probably go with this. Pretty straight forward. It doesn't seem like Walker can actually play more than 1 game a week and the North London Derby is very important. Hopefully Rose is back for that game too because those two are a different animal.

I think we'll win this but it isn't going to be easy.

2-1.
Kane x2

But, on the other hand, imagine how edgy Palace will be if they lose tomorrow. They'll be a lot more relaxed if they were to beat Liverpool. If we're worried about Liverpool making up 9 points on us (factoring in the game in hand and gd) then we're really not gonna go far as a club.

I think Allardyce would be looking towards Burnley next Saturday and the 6 pointer vs Hull as the games they need to win. And if we can go a goal or 2 up their thoughts would turn towards the Burnley game and not picking up injuries or red cards.

If we play like we did against Chelsea, apart from the third goal defending then we should be too strong for any team we have left to play. We dominated possession, heck Chelsea couldn't get out of their own half for half an hour.

Zaha is the one we need to contain, and he'll want to impress after being linked and pretty much admitting he wants to join Tottenham.

Play the team that beat Bournemouth. Son, Eriksen and Alli off Kane.

Feels strange to say after yesterday, but we have 6 cup finals now. We're still in it until it's mathematically over.

Wednesday will be a great chance to show how much we've matured.

Like to think this crop won't give Chelsea the satisfaction of ending our season again.

Palace 0-2 Spurs (Toby and Kane)

I agree with Totti that these last 6 matches, starting with Palace, will define how far we've really come with this team. A cup match against the league leaders was always going to be a bit of a crapshoot and now that that's out of the way, we shall see how solid, better and "new" our Spurs under Poch has become and how they respond to adversity and disappointment.

Even if we can't catch Chelsea ultimately, every one of those 18 points matters.

Is Davies out? Was it an injury that kept him out of the Chelski game?

If it's so and Rose is still out I think I would go for 4 in the back.
Walker-Alderwiereld-Wimmer-Vertongen

But, on the other hand, imagine how edgy Palace will be if they lose tomorrow. They'll be a lot more relaxed if they were to beat Liverpool. If we're worried about Liverpool making up 9 points on us (factoring in the game in hand and gd) then we're really not gonna go far as a club.

I think Allardyce would be looking towards Burnley next Saturday and the 6 pointer vs Hull as the games they need to win. And if we can go a goal or 2 up their thoughts would turn towards the Burnley game and not picking up injuries or red cards.
Palace will do a number on LFC today (showing Poch how it should be done, I'm sorry to say).
Theyll be knackered for Weds and we'll beat them comfortably.

Exactly what happened 2 weeks ago. They beat Chavs but blew themselves out and were well beaten by Saints.

We'll come back strongly in the League. We've done it before after a lousy result in a cup semi. Pompey 0-2 followed by 2 of the best results I've ever seen in PL - beating Goons and Chavs in the space of a few days, and then Citeh to get top 4 first time ever. PL title still on. By Weds evening we could be one point behind, with Chavs away to EFC. Keep the faith.

Palace will do a number on LFC today (showing Poch how it should be done, I'm sorry to say).
Theyll be knackered for Weds and we'll beat them comfortably.

Exactly what happened 2 weeks ago. They beat Chavs but blew themselves out and were well beaten by Saints.

We'll come back strongly in the League. We've done it before after a lousy result in a cup semi. Pompey 0-2 followed by 2 of the best results I've ever seen in PL - beating Goons and Chavs in the space of a few days, and then Citeh to get top 4 first time ever. PL title still on. By Weds evening we could be one point behind, with Chavs away to EFC. Keep the faith.

Imagine the double is on for the chavs they just need 1 point in the last game, and on the last game of the season they loose and we nick the title, and then city beat them in the FA cup....
Well that would be......
b5a8acf53b98bf05cb536b21be9ccd3d.gif

Imagine the double is on for the chavs they just need 1 point in the last game, and on the last game of the season they loose and we nick the title, and then city beat them in the FA cup....
Well that would be......
b5a8acf53b98bf05cb536b21be9ccd3d.gif
it would be fab, but it wont happen will it? We'll be 4 pts ahead of them at kick off time v Hull, so the day will really be one massive anticlimax.

Back
Top Bottom