The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Palace, god bless them.................

C-X1lXLXkAAekNm.jpg

C-X1lWjWsAE2fnL.jpg

C-X1lWoXgAY01Yh.jpg

C-X1lW_XUAEoQoD.jpg

No. I was watching a stream, sound turned off, with BBC Radio London as the commentary. In the commentary they said he spent most of the half time on the bench with Perez. Or do you think I'm making it up?
I'm not - just wanted to know how you came across this info.

For me last night the turning point seemed to be the following:

Sakho went down injured for a long time, their fans started singing "you're gonna win fuck all", we responded with "you've never won fuck all", the atmosphere got better, then when play restarted we really got behind the team, then our boys started playing better. First half many of us were trying to get songs going but we weren't loud enough and were outsung by Palace, unusual at an away game.

Am I overplaying our importance as fans? I feel that we can be the twelfth man at times.

You're excused old boy.
Still is the Dogs as far as I'm concerned. Just brings back memories of my early days at the lane when she used to be a regular half time guest, launching Monkey Nuts into the Shelf.

Wasn't her dad a Yid and drove taxis?

Sakho went down injured for a long time, their fans started singing "you're gonna win fuck all", we responded with "you've never won fuck all", the atmosphere got better, then when play restarted we really got behind the team, then our boys started playing better. First half many of us were trying to get songs going but we weren't loud enough and were outsung by Palace, unusual at an away game.

Am I overplaying our importance as fans? I feel that we can be the twelfth man at times.

"Oh when the Spurs" was sang really loudly while Sakho was being treated, and the vocal backing for the team got steadily louder from that point on. Very impressed with how the supporters continued the songs throughout the second half, easily matching the Palace support.

It's funny, I thought about this in the pre-match buildup when they were singing Eriksen's praises. We've been saying how important/in form he is for weeks and they're finally catching up! Then I heard the radio commentary on 5live theorising that the half time changes would mean that Eriksen would play up top with Kane, and Alli would slot back into central midfield.
:deledoubt:

Honestly, if they dragged any of us onto Match of the Day we'd be able to offer more insight into how Spurs play.

Except maybe Gibbsey.

1nzbqr.jpg

It's why I get all my football discussion and insight from forums. (Oh, and When Saturday Comes. But they never cover us.) The media is dead on it's feet.

Even thinking ArsenalFanTV may not be trustworthy as a source of info these days.
PALACE FAN HERE:
Agree the media is woeful. It has contributed to the pressure on managers never to give youth a chance. Pocc is a major exception to this rule!

If you want a great football podcast for the EPL then check out DGFootball on iTunes, Acast and SoundCloud

__
Pocc is my fave manager in the Prem for the record. I also went to Spurs v Gills in cup and was impressed by your home support. But as someone in the Palace end in our louder corner I genuinely could barely hear a peep out of your fans and did not even see hand clapping movements to suggest otherwise. Maybe the same vice versa

And that is the correct professional way to wish another team luck. After you have no more fixtures left to play against them. Twice in a few weeks Chelski get a lesson from Palace.
Though I'm sure he also felt that way before k.o....

But you're right, there is a time and a place to let people know!

PALACE FAN HERE:
Agree the media is woeful. It has contributed to the pressure on managers never to give youth a chance. Pocc is a major exception to this rule!

If you want a great football podcast for the EPL then check out DGFootball on iTunes, Acast and SoundCloud

__
Pocc is my fave manager in the Prem for the record. I also went to Spurs v Gills in cup and was impressed by your home support. But as someone in the Palace end in our louder corner I genuinely could barely hear a peep out of your fans and did not even see hand clapping movements to suggest otherwise. Maybe the same vice versa

All you could hear all night on the television was the Spurs fans, bar the few brief spells in the first half where you put us under the sword.

By the way, good luck for the rest of the season and next. I've always thought Palace was a fine club with great fans.

PALACE FAN HERE:

__
From the away end: I thought our fans were poor first half with you louder. Second half we sounded louder than you though could still hear you lot. I've been to most our away games this season, and you and Boro were the best home fans.

PALACE FAN HERE:

__
Did you think it was the same lack of noise last season, the 1-3? only that i was at that one and very noisy in away end imo. watched 2nd half on a stream last night, seemed pretty noisy?

btw, was at Chavs v Palace recently, the away fans were brill. smoke, flash bangs, non stop just short of a riot. unfortunately I wasnt in amongst it. AND I'd given the away ticket back to the fan on the tube when I saw it falling out his back pocket.

big respect for your home fans, always up for it. that Liverpool 3-3 has has had me in tears of laughter with the fake scouse commentator. For years I went to Palace matches when Spurs were away; crazy the noise that the crowds there could make.

Where abouts were you sitting / standing? Genuinely couldn't hear anything other than Spurs fans from where I was (Row 27 in Block T)

Im halfway through re wathcing the first half.

The main thing Im thinking is that we are playing very well. It has really surprised me as being stressed out yesterday made me see a totally different game. Not creating much, but Palace are bang up for the tackle.

The second thing is that our fans are very loud. Palace have a habit of singing the same thing for 10 minutes.....and when there is a lull, its just someone banging the shit out of a drum.

Most of its a drone, and they have about 3 songs. I think you lot were brilliant as ever last night.

Spurs found another gear in second half and Palace couldn't cope.

Harry was brilliant, even though not on the scorecard. His touch seems to be getting better.

Why can't Walker shoot?

God...... I wish Trippier was left footed.

PALACE FAN HERE:

__
I wasn't there last night but I have been to yours a few times. I was there when we played you on your first game back in the Prem 2013(??I think??), I liked your display you all did when the teams walked out for the start of the game. I am not saying this to get a rise but apart from the pre-kick off stuff I could barely hear a thing from you lot. But when I got home and watched it on Match of the Day you lot could be heard. Do you think this is because the away fans are at the side of the pitch and in the corner, basically the two sets of opposing fans can't hear each other because they pointing in the wrong direction?

Im halfway through re wathcing the first half.

The main thing Im thinking is that we are playing very well. It has really surprised me as being stressed out yesterday made me see a totally different game. Not creating much, but Palace are bang up for the tackle.

The second thing is that our fans are very loud. Palace have a habit of singing the same thing for 10 minutes.....and when there is a lull, its just someone banging the shit out of a drum.

Most of its a drone, and they have about 3 songs. I think you lot were brilliant as ever last night.
Yes I thought we played well yesterday, including in the first half. Thought we looked nervous at first with quite a few misplaced passes but then grew into the game as the half went on. We didn't create many clear cut chances but it was that sort of a game. Palace put 10 men behind the ball to get a 0-0. We fought throughout. Thought Kane looked a bit knackered (not fully fit) though still had some nice touches. Alli was quiet was in the first half but came into it in the second half. Eriksen excellent throughout as was Jan.

As for the noise, it does depend where the microphones are in the ground, you can't always tell what it's like from TV or internet. I don't meant to slag off our own support but I thought we were quieter than usual in the first half, a lot of people seemed very nervous (as reflected on here). But we were good in the second half.

Palace, yes they do repeat the same songs over and over again, but as far as home support goes they were louder than almost everyone we've played this season. And the fans in the corner (HF) did keep going for the whole 97 minutes, yes it's just 200 people, but still.

Back
Top Bottom