The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We played extremely well. We were creative and aggressive. Yes the Chavs are cunts and it sucks to drop points to them but I saw nothing today to lessen my opinion that we can win the leauge. Wembley will not be an obstacle. We will do great things this season. I know it.

COYS

We played extremely well. We were creative and aggressive. Yes the Chavs are cunts and it sucks to drop points to them but I saw nothing today to lessen my opinion that we can win the leauge. Wembley will not be an obstacle. We will do great things this season. I know it.

COYS

Based on what I saw yesterday that is more than optimistic although possible.

The posts on this thread have been a good read.

There is something about Wembley which Pochettino and the players have to sort out. No question at all and the sooner the better.

We also need, would benefit from new players. We have one and I think most would agree that 2 or 3 more before the end of the tranafer window are essential.

But yesterday was about mentality and performance and that's a concern on a few fronts and has been mentioned.

The chance was there to make a statement and to heap pressure on United and we fluffed it. We failed to take our chances, we failed to hold onto a point which would have been fine and other than the 15 minute period in the first half failed to pin Chelsea back in an effective manner.

But worse, other than Dembele in midfield and Kane at times we did not do enough. We failed to inspire the crowd and this is where players like Walker and Rose excel or should I say excelled over the likes of Trippier and Davies, who are both very good players in their own right and where the two former players showed a driving mentality that we lacked yesterday.

The buck stops at one person and Pochettino knows that and for all the talk, this is the next step for him and us.

No serious damage has been done as yet but the likes of Mourinho and Conte and to some extent that big baby Guardiola have an edge there which needs to be bridged even further. Klopp has it but Liverpool as a club don't.

My point is more players are one thing but that a winners' mentality is something else and that is required before our boasts have justification.

Right now we are still in the 2nd group in my opinion.

Too angry to post yesterday.. We lost to a team that have the mentality of Wimbledon,Bolton,Stoke all rolled into one.
5 central defenders plus 2 defensive midfielders and a hoof to nowhere is all they are.
They are more embarrassing than Leicester were as defending champions.

They are acting as though they outplayed us but deep down they know they are boring and are not on our level as an exciting skilful side so had to stoop to the tactics all shit dull sides do against us.

Their fans are so thick they probably don't even know how embarrassing they are..

What the fuck was that drum beat played over the tannoy all about?
I thought you were not allowed to use the tannoy during a game?
Let's hope they Stop that right away.

We were a joke today. Wembleys to big for us ,we're just not a big enough club for it. Everyone looks like a fish out of water. I said it before we'll do well to stay up this year. I'm worried.

You're right YOU were a joke.. Everyone behind the ball and hooof just like all small clubs do..

Your fans might be thick and gullible and fall for some Prick pretending to be a fan of a different club but we have brains and can see through pathetic half heads like you.

Last edited:
"Winners mentality" is a load of bollocks

It's one of those things dreamt up by pundits to give an explanation for something they can't articulate.

Every player in the premier league would win literally every game they ever played if they dropped down a few levels....even someone like Davies would have been head and shoulders the best player at school.

Later in the season we would have won that game. We needed an easy start at Wembley just to get the players and fans settled. We aren't 100% fit yet, Poch always said he aims for that after 6/7 games - otherwise you burn out for the crucial games mid season.

We were a joke today. Wembleys to big for us ,we're just not a big enough club for it. Everyone looks like a fish out of water. I said it before we'll do well to stay up this year. I'm worried.

The bigger joke is you bothering to post on here. Tragic. Go and get laid if you can, it will give you a new perspective.

"Winners mentality" is a load of bollocks

It's one of those things dreamt up by pundits to give an explanation for something they can't articulate.

Every player in the premier league would win literally every game they ever played if they dropped down a few levels....even someone like Davies would have been head and shoulders the best player at school.

Later in the season we would have won that game. We needed an easy start at Wembley just to get the players and fans settled. We aren't 100% fit yet, Poch always said he aims for that after 6/7 games - otherwise you burn out for the crucial games mid season.

No one seems to care that we totally outplayed them and on another day would have won by 3 or all just want to jump on the bandwagon that Wembley is the problem.
We had 68% possession and 18 shots.. they had 2 on target. Embarrassing for th so called champions

I agree a win is all it will take to stop the nonesense talk.

No one seems to care that we totally outplayed them and on another day would have won by 3 or all just want to jump on the bandwagon that Wembley is the problem.
We had 68% possession and 18 shots.. they had 2 on target. Embarrassing for th so called champions

I agree a win is all it will take to stop the nonesense talk.

Just a shame we never seem to get a strong ref versus them - they kick lumps out of us every time.

Just a shame we never seem to get a strong ref versus them - they kick lumps out of us every time.

I actually studied his form in Chelsea matches befor the game as was considering a bet on the over/under yellow cards. He's dished out loads to them in his last 5 Chelsea matches but for some reason yesterday it took him 6 fouls per Chelsea player to give a yellow

God,I feel like shit, so gutting to watch us make them look like Sunderland on a bad day, and still lose.
I stood up for Hugo over the first goal, but he really had a poor game, certainly by his standards, and Wanyama was clearly not match fit.

I guess losing at home to last years champions isn't exactly a humiliation, but to have that much possession and real dominance makes it hard to take the result.

Onwards and upwards........

Too angry to post yesterday.. We lost to a team that have the mentality of Wimbledon,Bolton,Stoke all rolled into one.
5 central defenders plus 2 defensive midfielders and a hoof to nowhere is all they are.

They are more embarrassing than Leicester were as defending champions.

They are acting as though they outplayed us but deep down they know they are boring and are not on our level as an exciting skilful side so had to stoop to the tactics all shit dull sides do against us.
The media will be calling it a tactical 'Catennacio' mastetclass next...
Oh, look... they already are!
Chelsea: How Antonio Conte's catenaccio beat Tottenham at Wembley - Ruud Gullit

I'll never, ever grumble as long as I am in the ground in my seat....and, with all due respect to 1882 1882 , I have to say that I liked the fact that the club had tried to impart memories of the Lane, including the drum, which was sorely missed.
Don't get me wrong... I used to LOVE the drum... even got a brief go at it during one match when 'Danny the drum' wanted a breather!
It was the amplification of it I couldn't believe... as if they somehow thought no one would notice it was being piped in... did they assume we'd all think someone has just brought in a REALLY FUCKING loud drum that you could hear throughout Wembley?
It would've had to be the size of a bus to make THAT much noise without so.s help!

Back
Top Bottom