The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. This small club from Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you beat Leicester so badly they have to bring out their new kit early to try burying the news.

m9Myeb5.jpg

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
Vardy's thinking "if only I'd joined Woolwich, I could be looking forward to the heights of Europa by now".

I've heard a lot of supporters of big clubs belittle out title win as a "one off" and "it will never happen again".

What a lot of you fail to understand is the vast majority of Leicester fans are either from Leicestershire or have ties to the area. You won't find many Leicester fans in Southend, Poole or Lancaster like you do the big clubs. My lifetime ambition as a Leicester fan was to see us win the FA Cup or a couple of European qualifications. To become Champions of England and get to the QF's of the Champions League was only ever a dream that was unlikely to ever happen.

For those of you mocking us as one hit wonders don't really get what it's like to be a fan of a club like Leicester. You'll never experience the joy we did when we won the title as it one a one shot deal for us. The last couple of months towards winning it I hated. I would be elated when we won and Tottenham would invariably play the next day and win and I would feel nauseous. I had anxiety pangs for the next five days and would wake up at 4am in the morning worrying about Leicester and not being able to get back to sleep. It didn't help that Tottenham were a machine up until the Chelsea match.

So take the piss about us going back to our level because you don't really get football if that's what you think. We lived the dream and enjoyed this once in a lifetime event more than the vast majority of you could ever imagine.

Leicester fan here, well done on beating the Champions in a meaningless game, you're rightly buzzing I see. When's the open top bus parade?

We just got Kaned last night.

So how many years are you Leicester fans going to make insufferable tits out of yourselves? It's taken you one season, one, to sink back to mid table obscurity. We came second...on more points than you won the league on last year...and we've mounted title runs for a longer consecutive period that you have. In fact, we've been a top six team now for as long and it's taken you to yo yo out of the lower leagues. 12 years now.

Our club has shown steady progression over the years. We are now at the stage where we are, sooner or later, going to start picking up trophies. When we do that, as you're relegated back to the Championship, what will you be able to gloat about then?

So how many years are you Leicester fans going to make insufferable tits out of yourselves? It's taken you one season, one, to sink back to mid table obscurity. We came second...on more points than you won the league on last year...and we've mounted title runs for a longer consecutive period that you have. In fact, we've been a top six team now for as long and it's taken you to yo yo out of the lower leagues. 12 years now.

Our club has shown steady progression over the years. We are now at the stage where we are, sooner or later, going to start picking up trophies. When we do that, as you're relegated back to the Championship, what will you be able to gloat about then?
Cut them some slack Colin. They're absolutely entitled to feel chuffed about their recent success. Your expected schadenfreude about their (not exactly inevitable any time soon) relegation does you little credit.

I've heard a lot of supporters of big clubs belittle out title win as a "one off" and "it will never happen again".

What a lot of you fail to understand is the vast majority of Leicester fans are either from Leicestershire or have ties to the area. You won't find many Leicester fans in Southend, Poole or Lancaster like you do the big clubs. My lifetime ambition as a Leicester fan was to see us win the FA Cup or a couple of European qualifications. To become Champions of England and get to the QF's of the Champions League was only ever a dream that was unlikely to ever happen.

For those of you mocking us as one hit wonders don't really get what it's like to be a fan of a club like Leicester. You'll never experience the joy we did when we won the title as it one a one shot deal for us. The last couple of months towards winning it I hated. I would be elated when we won and Tottenham would invariably play the next day and win and I would feel nauseous. I had anxiety pangs for the next five days and would wake up at 4am in the morning worrying about Leicester and not being able to get back to sleep. It didn't help that Tottenham were a machine up until the Chelsea match.

So take the piss about us going back to our level because you don't really get football if that's what you think. We lived the dream and enjoyed this once in a lifetime event more than the vast majority of you could ever imagine.
Eyutx0b.gif

Seriously. You just lost 6-1. SIX. ONE.

"What should I do now?
Oh I know, I'm gonna sign up in a Spurs forum and mock them [poorly]."

Can you just fuck off and just sing that Kane song again next year, it worked beautifully.

tumblr_nzf4f6v9Mw1sebccso1_500.gif

We all fucking understand mate. You lot can't fucking stop telling everyone. Please for the love of god shut the fuck up. We don't give a fuck.

Thanks for yet another Leicester fan coming on here telling us that we don't understand the magical fairytale and how beautiful it was that your dreams had rainbows and unicorns in them. How you all purchased Thai prey flags and took up Budisam to honour and please your overlord.

We do know because your the 100th fucking poster to tell us just how you feel. Turn on the radio there is another one telling us, turn on the Telly you're all telling us how it felt.

Bore off.

Well done for your success last year, must have been incredible. You're wrong though if you think it would be any different if we won the league. We're not a global megagiant big money club like the others up there and we don't have gloryhunting fans everywhere.

Leicester fan here, well done on beating the Champions in a meaningless game.

It wasn't meaningless for you, there was plenty of prize money at stake. You could have finished 8th, and at £1.9m per place, that's a handy few quid - oh but wait - now you're a big club you can turn your noses up at that. You belittled yourselves.

That money you call meaningless would have bought you Dele Alli. Think about that.

It wasn't meaningless for you, there was plenty of prize money at stake. You could have finished 8th, and at £1.9m per place, that's a handy few quid - oh but wait - now you're a big club you can turn your noses up at that. You belittled yourselves.

That money you call meaningless would have bought you Dele Alli. Think about that.
That's an awful lot of free donut and pint money down the drain.

giphy.gif

You're on our site mush. You don't want the piss taken out of u then fuck off.

And for the record most Spurs fans wouldn't show any animosity towards Leicester and their achievement if you weren't all acting like insufferable cunts trying to give us shit about it.

We've spent the last 2 decades building our club and going through heartbreak after heartbreak, nearly year after nearly year only to have you're freak season crop up in the one season where we're finally better than everyone else so if YOU knew anything about football you get why we'd be pissed off.

Now fuck off back to ur own shitty little site, or better still find a Blackburn forum and ask them how best to cope with what you've inevitably got to look forward to.

Last edited:
You're on our site mush. You don't want the piss taken out of u then fuck off.

And for the record most Spurs fans wouldn't show any animosity towards Leicester and their achievement if you weren't all acting like insufferable cunts trying to give us shit about it.

We've spent the last 2 decades building our club and going through heartbreak after heartbreak, nearly year after nearly year only to have you're freak season crop up in the one season where we're finally better than everyone else so if YOU knew anything about football you get why we'd be pissed off.

Now fuck off back to ur own shitty little site, or better still find a Blackburn forum and ask them how best to cope with what you've inevitably got to look forward to.
shocked-will-smith.gif

Leicester arguing with Spurs makes them relevant in their minds.

Losing 6-1 to Spurs makes them relevant.

Imagine that.....being "champions" and only caring about what Spurs have or haven't done.

Imagine mounting the worst title defence in history and laughing at the team in 2nd

Shakespeare showed the other night why Leicester will go down next year....I almost felt insulted on Pochs behalf that he thought he could outwit us with the Vardy Hoof.
Mahrez will be off and if anyone has any sense they will buy Gray.

Says a lot when the one prospect they have is a benchwarmer....he'd be a Dele Alli at Spurs.

Sorry Leicester but you can shout all you want about the title.......soon you will be so far away in the lower leagues though that only the likes of Millwall will hear you.

Enjoy next year.......we can't fucking wait for our season, and the one after that when we have our new home to look forward to. The futures bright......but hey don't worry, at least you spunked about billion quid on BMWs and wages for shit players instead of strengthening your cack squad.

"I could have taken this from any top 5 club apart from Spurs.

The smug ****ers will be basking in the fact they've beaten the champions of England because they came 3rd of of 2 last season

Their Saturday Sabbath supporters can **** off.

A good team and good players but still the bridesmaid, never the bride.

We have more silverware than them. Who cares about last night? Not me"

u-wot-m8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom