The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. This small club from Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to whoever on Foxes Talk shopped this up through all those salty... salty tears.

592074f34c314_Retribution1.thumb.jpg.5de551968a2eb7b9cf20b7bebc2b87e9.jpg
Fucking hell, for a team whose season began with a racist Thai orgy, they really are touchy whenever people don't rim their fairytale.
:pochshock:

They really need to thank the Gods for their improbably jammy run of 1-0s last season, settle for it being the pinnacle of their entire club's history (past, present, and future) and keep the pops at teams like Spurs to a mimimum.

A lot of this is fair enough to be honest. I think most people do understand what a big thing it was for Leicester last season because it was an unexpected one off. But I think you misunderstand Tottenham a bit. We haven't been one of the big clubs. Yes, we've been a bigger club than Leicester over the premier league period, but we've never been able to compete with the big boys. We have been ridiculed and nearly men for decades, losing out to our rivals, food poisoning on the last day of the season missing out on CL, football rules being changed when we are denied CL even though we finished fourth, goal line technology coming in after we score the goal that never was at Old Trafford, developing world class players and having them stolen by bigger clubs, I could go on. Despite all that we have refused to accept our place and pushed and pushed to get better and properly challenge for the title.

Last year we get no credit for reaching that level and every one wrote us off for the first half of this season as if we just got lucky last year, as if it wasn't our genuine level. That simply wasn't true. It was for you, but not for us. You got lucky last year, we didn't. Nothing wrong with that; I'm not belittling what you achieved, just pointing out the reality that you did get a lot of luck with diving and holding players, no injuries, and had no European distractions, and you had every neutral wanting you to win and every other club helping you win, or rather just trying to stop us winning it. Spurs are hated, when we should be loved and that's because other big clubs hate that we have the ordacity to try and compete with them and reach their level on a permanent basis. That's fine. We don't care. We're used to doing it the hard way.

What you achieved you deserve credit for. And you got that credit in buckets. But you're not champions anymore, Chelsea won the title before we even played you so we didn't beat the champions the other day. That's the only reason why people are getting a bit tired of hearing the Leicester gloat because it's over, it has a time limit which has expired now. You won last season. Chelsea this season. We will win the title, eventually. And when we do we will enjoy it just as much as you did, maybe even more because we do expect to win it eventually, but it has been a long and painful wait, lots of almost moments already in the last two seasons, and we've got to where we are not through good luck, but despite bad luck. We will have earned it just as much as you, arguably even more.

And also, when we win it it'll be playing the best football. That's important to Spurs. I don't blame you for playing the way you did, you got to set up the best way your squad allows, but for us, playing the most attractive football is the most important thing. We would rather finish mid table playing the best football than win playing defensive for all but a few minutes of the 90. It's harder to win that way. Conte knows the easier way to win as well. When we win the title it will be as one of the most memorable, entertaining footballing sides and we won't be forgotten. So we have that in common, Leicester's title won't be forgotten. Neither will ours. Chelsea's on the other hand? No one will remember that.
Amazing post. Have to admit personally I'd be happy for us to win the league playing shit football. But I understand people not thinking that way. And I love the football that we play.

In case any Leicester are still lurking, I (very grudgingly, because I hate you) admit that you lot winning the league is the biggest achievement in modern football. But it's been said. Now the rest of the world moves on. For you everything is downhill from now on, you won't win it again and even if you did it wouldn't feel as good as the first time. Whereas there's a good chance that we have a lot to look forward to, though this can't be taken for granted.

seriously though, it must fucking have hurt for them to go to this sort of effort, poor sods can't get it out of their minds.

Will be fitting if West Ham draw and Leicester lose tomorrow. Both will finish on the same points.

I think there is a beautiful irony to the fact that they are both as shit as eachother, and despite both massively failing after last season, both think they had a brilliant season because Spurs are runners up.

Will be fitting if West Ham draw and Leicester lose tomorrow. Both will finish on the same points.

I think there is a beautiful irony to the fact that they are both as shit as eachother, and despite both massively failing after last season, both think they had a brilliant season because Spurs are runners up.

Two teams who are desperate to have a rivalry with us as well. They're the same level so maybe they can help each other out and have a rivalry with each other.

Back
Top Bottom