The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a tough one between Janssen and Son.

Burnley are physical and will really make it hard to break them down. Janssen will be effective at holding the ball up, getting others involved in the game and keeping the two centre halves occupied, like he did at Boro away.

Son will sit on the shoulder and make runs behind the defence that Janssen wouldn't. He has more pace than anyone in their backline and is capable of swapping positions with Alli if needs be.

I think we'll see Son personally. Poch hasn't exactly been singing Janssen's praises. But I hope he gets more than 7 mins.

Is it too much to hope Kane maybe back?

Tough game this, Burnley have a good home record, although both Citeh and the scum have won there.
Got the feeling we may have to settle for a draw given our injuries, which may not be so bad a point depending on the scum/citeh result the next day.

We won't go there and easily brush them aside, we need to get our tactics right and approach the game professionally. We'll probably only be a goal up until the last 15 minutes where we'll hopefully get a second to kill off the game. We'll need to defend well across the team and we'll have to be physical which we are good at. I would play Janssen as I think he is ideally suited to this game. Son can run at them for the last half an hour and cause them problems with a fresh-ish pair of legs.

For the love of God please start Janssen and bring in Sonny as a 60th min sub. Son's impact off the bench is much more valuable than when he starts.

IMO I just don't believe in Son when he starts matches. Coming in late could prove to be massive on the road against a solid defensive side.

For the love of God please start Janssen and bring in Sonny as a 60th min sub. Son's impact off the bench is much more valuable than when he starts.

IMO I just don't believe in Son when he starts matches. Coming in late could prove to be massive on the road against a solid defensive side.

But you believe in Janssen? I give him 45 mins and if he does fuck all again just bring Son on.

But we shouldn't be dependent on our striker(s) to score a goal or 2. This is Burnley (even though they're not bad on Turf Moor) so most of our players got to make some impact.

Son to start for me. Janssen only looked half-decent against a league one side, doesn't deserve it imo

Strange, Son scores a hatrick against Millwall yet it's Janssen who gets credit for coming on and scoring when they're already beaten and knackered. And Son's had some fantastic performance away while Janssen hasn't had any.

I'm going on Saturday...last time I went up there, in fact my only previous visit to Turfmoor, was the league cup semi final when we lost 3-0 but it went to extra time before the away goals counted.

Anyone else there that night? I think it was the coldest I've been in my life despite the fact that I was in the Arctic a month ago and it was -46C. It beats that, and watching Spurs in Tromso and Donetsk in the snow. I was at the front behind the goal with the wind and rain lashing against me for the whole 120 minutes, watching us slowly capitulate, all worth it of course for the last minute goal(s) that put us through to the final.

I'm going on Saturday...last time I went up there, in fact my only previous visit to Turfmoor, was the league cup semi final when we lost 3-0 but it went to extra time before the away goals counted.

Anyone else there that night? I think it was the coldest I've been in my life despite the fact that I was in the Arctic a month ago and it was -46C. It beats that, and watching Spurs in Tromso and Donetsk in the snow. I was at the front behind the goal with the wind and rain lashing against me for the whole 120 minutes, watching us slowly capitulate, all worth it of course for the last minute goal(s) that put us through to the final.

I was in the second row from the front, the sleet was coming in sideways. Godforsaken place.

Back
Top Bottom