The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, and I'm saying that, to me, the word "signing" doesn't necessarily bring value into it.

If you had said "transfer"....

I'm aware that he played most of the game in a position he has been playing In all season. My point was that the general consensus is that he is being played out of position and may be happier being played In the middle. It looked like we where gonna have a chance to see him there only for Poch to (rightly so) change the formation at half time.

I don't know how his performance could make you "so bloody angry". He wouldn't have been anywhere near the pitch until we had both our centre two midfielders taken off injured. And even then despite him being garbage we still won an extremely tough away game 2-0.

Plus Chelsea lost.

And the spammers.

And Jose had a melt down.

Cheer up. It could be worse ; )
Did you really just try and spit hairs between the word "signing" and "transfer"? Someone's a little too desperate to win the internet.

And which ever way you slice it Sissoko is a shit signing. You can put the position he's playing at fault for his terrible control or inability to shoot if you want but the cause is irrelevant. He was bought to play in the position he's been played in. So it's a shit signing. You're in a tiny minority that thinks otherwise...and you're welcome to just don't think you can convince me to agree. Only one person can do that...

Speak for yourself, I feel great. I just don't think it should distract us from the teams biggest problem, which is strength in depth. Our first team is awesome but our lack of depth has humiliated us in Europe recently. In just a few key positions we really lack quality options to rotate and that is a big problem with our team and I don't think it's melting or harsh to point that out because it's just the simple truth.

Its not really the truth though as highlighted by the fact we have won all seven games that Kane has missed this season. And that we just comfortably beat a team sitting 7th in the home form table, without Walker, Rose or Kane, while losing both Winks and Wanyama at 0-0.

Our back up has given us a shot at The Double, while Lamela has been out. We've coped without Jan, Toby and Dembele too. Our humiliation against Gent was with our first team.

I dont know how anyone can say we lack options to rotate after yesterday's reshuffle. We changed formation this season from the Chelsea 2-0 win, at a time we were sitting second having only lost two games.
How can you change formation without the staff?

Son is back up...Janssen, Winks, Trippier, Vorm, Davies too. We've lost three games all season, at Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool yet have barely fielded a full strength team the entire season. I dont know how we can be doing so well if the cover for Rose, Kane and Lamela etc is so poor.

Look at Chelsea's bench yesterday:
Begovic
Zouma
Loftas-Cheek
Willian
Batshuayi
Terry
Chabolah

Who's better than the back up we had playing due to injuries, and those on our bench?
How good do people think our subs should be?

Good enough to walk into any other top 4 first team it seems. Why would they sit on our bench?

We've got the three points, we didn't concede a goal (Lloris had a quiet day) at one of the toughest grounds in the country. Thought Toby was MOTM along with Verts - both without a mistake, two top performances.

The rest did okay, I expected more from Trippier, I was a bit disappointed with Davies (I just never feel confident when he is on the ball, but he mostly distributes it well). Janssen did okay, forced some freekicks and had two good set ups.

I know, I'm picking on a player here, yes, we have the win, but it needs to be said and regarding Sissoko, criticism is totally acceptable. His first touch is absolutely terrible, his runs are senseless and his shooting/passing technique is simply not good enough for this level. He could make that up by working for the team, pressing the opponents or tracking back, but he refuses to do it. You could hear Poch screaming at him in the second half. Imo it's even a risk to bring him on as a sub. He needs to start showing disclipine.

Excited for the next game, I expect Walker and Son to start mid-week. Hope Wanyama is okay and that Winks' recovery goes well.

It isn't meaningless - it's professional football. The league, and the money that goes with it, is our bread and butter. Cups will come because of league success.

When we win our first one, i truly think we will go on to win a lot more. It's getting this team of youngsters across the finishing line a first time thats the difficult part.

Spurs win a tough one.
Chelsea lose an "easy" one

And I got to see a legend score on his debut (Schweinstegier is going to boss this league).
I'm somewhere in the pile below:
17522558_10155158779792905_5705307190560451531_n.jpg

The other day someone was trying to tell me we should cash in on Dier. Think today shows that is a huge mistake, he's got starter quality in defense and midfield, and now we need him more than ever.

I don't doubt your sincerity, and am with you one hundred percent but if Jose comes sniffing around i think that 50 million will swing it. Levy will look at the balance sheet and cream himself.

I love Dier to bits but he has cost us a fair few goals this season, and on balance we could replace him if needed. I don't want to see him go but we all need to be realistic at times.

I don't doubt your sincerity, and am with you one hundred percent but if Jose comes sniffing around i think that 50 million will swing it. Levy will look at the balance sheet and cream himself.

I love Dier to bits but he has cost us a fair few goals this season, and on balance we could replace him if needed. I don't want to see him go but we all need to be realistic at times.

As long as Poch wants to keep a player, Levy will oblige. Those days are over.

As long as Poch wants to keep a player, Levy will oblige. Those days are over.

I tend to agree Joe, and since the Berbatov and latterly Keane transfer fiasco's Levy has dug in and fucked off those PL Managers sniffing around our top players. Selling into Spain is one thing and i truly think that Levy has eventually seen the light, and will not sell our stella players unless the club desires to another PL club. The numerous contract extensions have see a much more prudent, long term vision by Levy possibly driven by Poch.

That all said if Levy and Poch see a Dier transfer offer as adding to next seasons War Chest then what would any of us do? Is there no replacement for Dier? I'd be hard pushed to believe that there isn't a young talented center back out their in Europe somewhere?.

Do i want to see him go, absolutely not, but football as Jimmy would say is a funny old game.

I think the second half and England have shown he is a quality DM. Unfortunately for him Wanyama is better. But his versatility is such an asset. He is also popular amongst the group. I would be sad to see him go.

We would be mad to sell. Isn't a need. Agree with the point about his Versitility. He is a good player. Still young and a lot more to bring yet. Sell sissoko and janssen. Would have said Davies too a while back but he has settled down and playing a decent game

Spurs win a tough one.
Chelsea lose an "easy" one

And I got to see a legend score on his debut (Schweinstegier is going to boss this league).
I'm somewhere in the pile below:
17522558_10155158779792905_5705307190560451531_n.jpg

The other day someone was trying to tell me we should cash in on Dier. Think today shows that is a huge mistake, he's got starter quality in defense and midfield, and now we need him more than ever.

Urrrrrrghhhhh.... All that red.

I think the second half and England have shown he is a quality DM. Unfortunately for him Wanyama is better. But his versatility is such an asset. He is also popular amongst the group. I would be sad to see him go.

Dier is a part of the new identity at Spurs. A versatile, young and very good loyal player that Poch will want in the group.

No chance for Jose. Not for sale.

Dier is a part of the new identity at Spurs. A versatile, young and very good loyal player that Poch will want in the group.

No chance for Jose. Not for sale.
I think his versatility makes him more valuable to poch than most other players we have, he's also a leader on the pitch which we need more of - the sad thing for Dier is if he wasn't so versatile he would have probably nailed down a position by now

Did you really just try and spit hairs between the word "signing" and "transfer"? Someone's a little too desperate to win the internet.

And which ever way you slice it Sissoko is a shit signing. You can put the position he's playing at fault for his terrible control or inability to shoot if you want but the cause is irrelevant. He was bought to play in the position he's been played in. So it's a shit signing. You're in a tiny minority that thinks otherwise...and you're welcome to just don't think you can convince me to agree. Only one person can do that...

Ooof that fanny is sandy.

Back
Top Bottom