The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cc4Uh1yWAAAkd9u.jpg:large
Just before this happened, I mentioned that it had turned really dark, and it was just before they equalised, it seems even the elements are against us.

I thought (a week ago) 2 points this week would've been a pragmatic, realistic outcome from the week. 1 point wasn't a great outcome and we're worryingly close to Utd, West Ham and City.
Tbh I thought we looked the team with ten men for the last 25 minutes and that was what most upset me about it.

Agree with all that. Except 4th would still good enough for the CL if Chelski win it, unless scousers or mancs win the EL too. The combination is fairly unlikely.

In my view Liverpool are more than capable of winning a European competition and so are Chelsea when they can focus on that over the League, as recent history (sadly) already tells us.

This permutation, along with it being so fucking convoluted and seemingly unlikely, is so fucking Spursy it's been keeping me awake at nights, and personally I'll be a lot happier when its mathematically impossible.

Maybe it's because like all Spurs fans I still bear the mental scars of that last kick of 2012 season, even more than lasagne-gate, but for a "comedy way Spurs can fail to qualify for CL" this would be up there...

PS like Mrs Perryman, I still have the 'ump about yesterday, from elation to down-in-the-dumps so fast, and a glorious chance missed. Can't fault any player for effort and commitment though, they all went for it. If anything I'd have said Alli little bit out of form and his young age starting to show at the business end of the season...

Despite the disappointment from yesterday, the bonus is that we have kept Wenger in the job. He will keep doing the same things, the same way, getting the same results.
We will not have another two consecutive insanely intense games like the last two, again this season.
Ropey league aside, we wont have many mid week games, yes I know we have Monday games, Monday games ffs, but for the most part they are winnable.
It is time to keep our nerve, we have dared and we are doing.
I believe.

In my view Liverpool are more than capable of winning a European competition and so are Chelsea when they can focus on that over the League, as recent history (sadly) already tells us.

This permutation, along with it being so fucking convoluted and seemingly unlikely, is so fucking Spursy it's been keeping me awake at nights, and personally I'll be a lot happier when its mathematically impossible.

Maybe it's because like all Spurs fans I still bear the mental scars of that last kick of 2012 season, even more than lasagne-gate, but for a "comedy way Spurs can fail to qualify for CL" this would be up there...
You really must be mentally damaged to think that Liverpool who needed to cheat to beat palace is going to win Europa and Chelsea who just drew home to Stoke are going to reverse a deficit to psg and then beat three of the giants consecutively. I'm upset that we dropped five points this week and we can still end up fifth if we have a shit run in. The shit run in is not likely but it is much more likely than dropping to fourth and losing out to those two events.

I've never incurred so many celebration-related injuries, when Harry Kane smashed this in. Somehow, I ended-up flat on my face, on the concrete steps in Block 32, with at least two or three people on top of me. My glasses went flying into the row in front, but luckily they weren't too badly damaged.

This morning, I've got bruises all over my legs and arms, as well as what looks like someone's footprint on my back. However, I know it was all done in good spirit and in sheer jubilation. Surprisingly, quite a few supporters helped me back to my feet and kept asking me if was okay, which was a nice touch. The guy who picked-up my glasses even bent one of arms back into place for me.

I had to apologise to the guy standing next to me, as somehow I ended-up with my left hand around his crown-jewels. Although, he was so pissed and overwhelmed with Spurs related ecstasy, that I don't think he noticed.

COYS for Thursday!!

Last edited:

I've never incurred so many celebration-related injuries, when Harry Kane smashed this in. Somehow, I ended-up flat on my face, on the concrete steps in Block 32, with at least two or three people on top of me. My glasses went flying into the row in front, but luckily they weren't too badly damaged.

This morning, I've got bruises all over my legs and arms, as well as what looks like someone's footprint on my back. However, I know it was all done in good spirit and in sheer jubilation. Surprisingly, quite a few supporters helped me back to my feet and kept asking me if was okay, which was a nice touch. The guy who picked-up my glasses even bent one of arms back into place for me.

COYS for Thursday!!

Me too ...... I got a bang on my nose, and a bruise on my thigh where I caught it on the lip of the seat in front of me when I jumped up when the ball left Harry's foot. Hugs and kisses galore from complete strangers, strained my voice from screaming. Talk about being put through the wringer!

still can;t get over the feeling of when Kane's goal hit the net. South upper, block 44 row 1. Perfect view of the gooner fans little faces dropping in shock. So much celebration and emotion, i've never experienced anything like that before, it was truly incredible.

You really must be mentally damaged to think that Liverpool who needed to cheat to beat palace is going to win Europa and Chelsea who just drew home to Stoke are going to reverse a deficit to psg and then beat three of the giants consecutively. I'm upset that we dropped five points this week and we can still end up fifth if we have a shit run in. The shit run in is not likely but it is much more likely than dropping to fourth and losing out to those two events.

Cup football is an entirely different type of game. Liverpool and United aren't likely to win the EL but they are more than capable of doing so. Chelsea aren't likely to win the CL but to think they can't is incorrect.

I thought (a week ago) 2 points this week would've been a pragmatic, realistic outcome from the week. 1 point wasn't a great outcome and we're worryingly close to Utd, West Ham and City.
Tbh I thought we looked the team with ten men for the last 25 minutes and that was what most upset me about it.

Wenger got his subs spot on (particularly Giroud on for Elneny) - easier for him to be bold though, as he had nothing to lose.

Me too ...... I got a bang on my nose, and a bruise on my thigh where I caught it on the lip of the seat in front of me when I jumped up when the ball left Harry's foot. Hugs and kisses galore from complete strangers, strained my voice from screaming. Talk about being put through the wringer!

Any pics of the bruise?

:ledleylick:

I'll get my coat!

I managed to frighten Mrs B's grandchildren when I was leaping around the lounge so another night in the spare room!
:klinsmann:

Bit late to this but my thoughts remain very much as they did instantly after the match; bugger.

I'd have much preferred Lamela to make way for Son or Chadli as bringing on Mason was to consolidate as oppose to kill off, which we were in a position to do.

I'm sure everything else has been said so I'll just leave say that thank fuck that week is over. It didn't go nearly as well as hoped but it is behind us now.

Oh, and what a fucking goal - I didn't even celebrate it, I stared open mouthed at the screen mumbling 'what a fucking goal'

Yeah, it's Spursy enough to happen. But realistically there's actually more chance of us collapsing and finishing fifth or sixth, than those three events (us finishing fourth, Chelsea and Liverpool winning those two trophies) all conspiring. I think we should finish higher than fourth in any case though. Let's make sure of it and avoid all this bollocks!

Back
Top Bottom