The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to this one.

Spurs line-up:

[formation=433, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory][/formation]

:smesh::dude:

#COYS

Worst match thread ever, but let's smash those CUNTS!!

Last edited:
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tott...ch-and-provides-a-sign-of-things-to-come.html

NORTH LONDON DERBY MILESTONES: 1887 SEES VERY FIRST LOCAL GAME BETWEEN TOTTENHAM AND Woolwich, AND PROVIDES SIGN OF THINGS TO COME…

Martin Cloake

2nd, November 2015

This coming weekend sees the first North London derby of this Premier League season and so, to fuel the build-up, Pies will be running a piece on great derby moments (from a distinctly Tottenham-specific perspective, such is Martin’s prerogative!) every day this week, together with some choice trivia and facts.

And lo, the first ever derby took place on Tottenham Marshes on 19th November, 1887. That said, it wasn’t strictly a North London derby – the proper, original fixture of course being Spurs vs Leyton Orient.

Anyway, the 1887 game in question saw the newly christened Tottenham Hotspur (the only true original North London side!) take on a team called Royal Woolwich that hailed from a munitions factory south of the river in Woolwich.

spurs-1897-400.jpg

Tottenham, circa 1897 (Photo via Historical Kits)

The Gunners put in a performance that would come to typify their playing style and ethos for years to come. After going 1-0 up, they proceeded to defend for the rest of the game, showing an early preference for the kind of boring ‘1-0 to the Woolwich’ football that Gooners would treasure for years.

The dull approach didn’t work, and with 15 minutes to go, Spurs were leading 2-1.

It was at this point that Woolwich’s players began to complain of ‘lack of light’ and got the match called off, thus establishing the tradition of prominent Woolwich figures claiming they “could not see the incident” whenever convenient.

Ahem.

They will box us in like a turtles pecker for most of the game. I just dont see us having the qualities to hit them on the counter.....could get messy this....cunts that they are

One advantage about living over here is that if Spurs lose and you come into work the next day, nobody knows, cares, or gives a shit.

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE? ??
Who starts a match thread TWO GAMES before the match!!

But it's OK.... I'm starting the Newcastle away match thread NOW!!
MAY THE 15th Be with you!!
Where's everyone drinking? Lots of decent nightlife in Newcastle...
Nice touch of the club to organise free charter jets up there for all the fans... as a thank-you for supporting us during this relegation battle...
Will the pressure be off them if they've already been relegated? Will we be 3 points off 4th and yet 3 points from safety, due to the Kerazy Premier league season we've endured...? Everyone is beating everyone this year... even Chelsea aren't safe!

What formation will Poch go with... who saw us re-signing Kaboul, Defoe AND Saha in Jan?? I reckon all three will start!!

Last edited:
I just can't see us doing it.

BUT you know what FUCK THEM. They're past due a reality check. The last few weeks have got they're fans tails back up. Feeble minded, deluded, self righteous bunch of pricks that they are.

Sanchez aside, they're fucked for pace at the minute. Can't see Campbell playing 90 against Bayern and then 90 against us? Also, somehow, the press are starting to talk about Koscielny as a decent defender, so let's put them right about that.

I think we can go there, press them hard and force mistakes. We just have to make our chances count.

COYMFS!!!

I'm not optimistic about this one. It looks to me like the Woolwich are genuine title contenders this year. Even without Little Jackie Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta and Wel-shit, they're still very strong. They strolled over Swansea in the second half, and look more than decent in defence (as good as us).

I'm sorry to say I think we're going to get spanked. Our best hope is that the Bayern game takes too much out of them (maybe doing for Sanchez).

What's more, I'm going to have to watch this with a Gooner friend (isn't that an oxymoron?) ... and have to listen to his smug crowing about how ''really they're not in competition with us, and how 'they're looking up, not down', and all that.

I'll take a draw all day long, but I fear that they'll score first, then punish us relentlessly as we desperately try to hit back. God, I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom