The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

who needs a new computer wallpaper?
UywEz6t.jpg

h5gcbuB.jpg

Anyone go for a piss at half time? (anyone at the game that is, I'm not interested in hearing about those who did a piss at home or in the boozer, thank you very much)

I didn't, my dad did and said to me afterwards that one of the toilets was closed (due to our lot smashing it up lol), so only one toilet open. He said it was so crowded in there, just like being on a dangerously packed terrace in the 70s/80s, almost difficult to breathe. It seemed to him that it was dangerously overcrowded, so he told OB about it, they just said "it's your fault, you smashed the other one up".

This seemed to sum up how police view us football fans: because some of us vandalise a toilet, none of us deserve basic health and safety measures. Not saying they should have necessarily left the other toilet open, but someone should have policed the remaining toilet to prevent overcrowding. It may sound over the top, but it only takes one person falling over for a fatality or serious injury to occur in those circumstances.

Great performance and very good result, so proud. Onwards and upwards.

Anyone go for a piss at half time? (anyone at the game that is, I'm not interested in hearing about those who did a piss at home or in the boozer, thank you very much)

I didn't, my dad did and said to me afterwards that one of the toilets was closed (due to our lot smashing it up lol), so only one toilet open. He said it was so crowded in there, just like being on a dangerously packed terrace in the 70s/80s, almost difficult to breathe. It seemed to him that it was dangerously overcrowded, so he told OB about it, they just said "it's your fault, you smashed the other one up".

This seemed to sum up how police view us football fans: because some of us vandalise a toilet, none of us deserve basic health and safety measures. Not saying they should have necessarily left the other toilet open, but someone should have policed the remaining toilet to prevent overcrowding. It may sound over the top, but it only takes one person falling over for a fatality or serious injury to occur in those circumstances.

Police are cunts. To a man.

Just listened to Neville's rather brief podcast and he was very complimentary about our performance but he made the point that we struggled to deal with balls into the box and getting them cleared... and that Andy Carroll is up next.
This is something that needs to be addressed pretty quickly.

I read / heard somewhere a week or 10 days ago that Vertonghen and Alderweireld actually have the highest number of headed clearances of any PL centre back pairing this season.

Don't know why they struggled so much from set pieces yesterday.

I read / heard somewhere a week or 10 days ago that Vertonghen and Alderweireld actually have the highest number of headed clearances of any PL centre back pairing this season.

I don't know if it was them struggling or Ozil just being very good at putting things in with absolute precision. As much as we all justifiably hate them, some of them are actually good at the football thing.

I don't know if it was them struggling or Ozil just being very good at putting things in with absolute precision. As much as we all justifiably hate them, some of them are actually good at the football thing.

We seemed to be trying to crowd out the penalty area, but then our players got blocked out and they had free headers.

Would prefer to see us leave players like Eriksen and Lamela further forward so they have to leave 3 back.

The problem with stats is a headed clearance to an oppo player "probably" still counts as a clearance?? It is our only achilles heel defensively. For me the problem is more to do with blocking the cross (we don't block enough).

How the fuck would they actually police the toilet though, eh? Tell people to go piss elsewhere? You're just going to queue up anyways.

How the fuck would they actually police the toilet though, eh? Tell people to go piss elsewhere? You're just going to queue up anyways.
Well...off the top of my head. You have one of them inside the toilet, to see how crowded it is. Then you have one on the door, to stop people coming in if it's dangerously crowded. The two can radio each other. If not this, then there has to be some other way. I know the police aren't always the most intelligent specimens but surely it don't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out!

(They do the same thing on platforms on the tube. If they didn't there would be dangerous overcrowding at stations like Euston and Kings Cross every rush hour.)

Well...off the top of my head. You have one of them inside the toilet, to see how crowded it is. Then you have one on the door, to stop people coming in if it's dangerously crowded. The two can radio each other. If not this, then there has to be some other way. I know the police aren't always the most intelligent specimens but surely it don't take Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out!

(They do the same thing on platforms on the tube. If they didn't there would be dangerous overcrowding at stations like Euston and Kings Cross every rush hour.)
I'm sorry, but this reads like satire to me.

Two staff members on radio with each other to police the toilet?

I have zero problem with them telling you it's not on them after someone smashed the toilet up.

We've been shit at defending them all season, anything on the ground or over the top our back four are fine dealing with, it's crosses into the box and a physical presence attacking those balls. However there's not much you can do against players like Andy Carroll as they're just going to win the majority of those balls, you could argue this is a game Fazio would excel in however there's no way we should be disrupting a centre back pairing that's as cohesive as Toby/Jan is.

Two things here!

I love Hugo but he needs to get his arse off the line more when a high ball comes in.
He was rooted to the spot too many times yesterday and a decent striker unlike that whinging pussy Giroud would have scored at least two.
Hugo is a great shot stopper and good last defender when the ball is on the deck but in the air he's suspect!

The other is we should do more on the flanks to shut out the supply but we had a cunt of a ref yesterday who gave them too many free kicks so that didn't help.

I think I've said earlier in the thread that their goal was a fluke with Gibbs shinning it!

I'm still buzzing after the game!

:dier:

Two things here!

I love Hugo but he needs to get his arse off the line more when a high ball comes in.
He was rooted to the spot too many times yesterday and a decent striker unlike that whinging pussy Giroud would have scored at least two.
Hugo is a great shot stopper and good last defender when the ball is on the deck but in the air he's suspect!

The other is we should do more on the flanks to shut out the supply but we had a cunt of a ref yesterday who gave them too many free kicks so that didn't help.

I think I've said earlier in the thread that their goal was a fluke with Gibbs shinning it!

I'm still buzzing after the game!

:dier:

And up next is West Ham. If ur Bilic watching that match you're praying Andy Carroll doesn't get injured playing subbuteo between now and next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom