The Myth of the English Prospect

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Radical Rei

Cheese room enthusiast
When will it end?

Winks, Mason, Carroll, Jenas, Bostock the list goes on.

Most players do not turn out like Kane he's a one in a million we must end this myth and instead invest, invest, invest!

When will it end?

Winks, Mason, Carroll, Jenas, Bostock the list goes on.

Most players do not turn out like Kane he's a one in a million we must end this myth and instead invest, invest, invest!

Clearly you don't know the rules,

A maximum of 17 overseas trained players in the squad - the rest have to be home grown.

So you score zero out of ten for knowledge of how to build a squad

Clearly you don't know the rules,

A maximum of 17 overseas trained players in the squad - the rest have to be home grown.

So you score zero out of ten for knowledge of how to build a squad
Notice how that's a burden and very rarely a positive?

The myth I'm talking about is the idea that our future rests in our academy system that is a falsehood.

The myth of the French footballer from Ligue 1

When will it end

Dalmat, Kaboul, Stambouli, Nkoudou, Capoue, Sissoko, Ndombele the list goes on

Can't all turn out to be as good as Ginola

When will it end

Kaboul and Gallas were fine defenders and Sissoko has been very useful at times being able to fill multiple rolls and provide some much needed strength.

Notice how that's a burden and very rarely a positive?

The myth I'm talking about is the idea that our future rests in our academy system that is a falsehood.

No its just you don't like being found out how ignorant you are about football

And if its why many european sides are buying English youngsters - that's why its part of Spurs future - but buying players as well

When will it end

Yet every other team signs French players who turn out to be fucking great

Sounds like more of a Spurs problem honestly

No just someone who clearly knows more about football than you. Not difficult I know
Waiting for Winks the young English, prospect, whizkid, boy-wonder, up and coming, scarlet to come good.

ls4pf.jpg

Annnnny day now MOTD told me he's the next Beckham!

We need a good balance. Some Brits, some foreigners, a bit like how we were set up a few years ago with Walker, Rose, Dier, Dele, Kane and Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, Wanyama, Son.

Them were the days

Back
Top Bottom