The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He saved you from bankruptcy and quite rightly wants his money back if he's going to sell.

And I'd say Newcastle is definitely a more valuable asset - the fans are fiercely loyal and easy to extract money from.
He can have his £134m back (less the money he hasn't already recouped). He could even try and sell us for the £250m that he claims he's put into the club, but his £400m valuation is mental.

Did you know that he had a meeting with Sheikh Mansour's representatives before Man City won that lottery? Turned up late and dishevelled and then demanded an inflated sum for Newcastle. Mansour's reps left and not long after Manchester City lurched from average Premier League side to the behemoth we see today.

He could have made his money back and some, but he's too much of a wideboy to get his shit together for one meeting.

Why would it bother me? It's not my money, and he didn't get the £3m a year job in the championship and we came up as champions anyway.

Like shite would I have worked for nothing. What a ridiculous thing to suggest. Did Scholes? Did Stuart Pearce? Does Kane work for nothing? Work for nothing, good grief.

Every time he uploads a slow motion video of him scoring a goal from his villa in spain I am secure in the knowledge that he was a brilliant footballer and had an iconic (if simplistic) goal celebration that still makes me break out in a broad smile.
That's alright then, happy days.

Enjoy your boos at St James' this season, there will be many I'm sure.

This Fish This Fish

Mike Ashley is hilarious. I hope he owns your club/you support his plaything for years to come. He makes NUFC the laughing stock that keeps on giving.

You need a wake up call. Your club was ridiculous before Ashley. You sacked Bobby Robson who worked miracles with a shit team. You hired Glenn Roeder. You sold Scott Parker and replaced him with Alan Smith. All before Ashley, my poor deluded friend.

One more thing, I see right through your "I don't want the world, I only want a proper, well run club again" shtick. I know what you 'Toon' fans are really like. You are the most entitled, whiney, deluded fans in the country, behind Liverpool fans, obviously. The difference is that they remember their club being successful. Nobody alive has seen Newcastle be a successful team. I don't forget how you thought you were too good for Sam Allardyce.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for your club's current predicament. In fact I am enjoying it enormously.

Alan Shearer - Apology

In the past I may have given the impression that Alan Shearer, the esteemed footballer from Newcastle, was less than perfect.

Indeed, certain comments may have been attributed to me, such as:

"Fucking delusional Barcode"
"Ugly slaphead with as many brain cells as hairs on his head"
"Complete tosser with no tactical awareness whatsover".

I now recognise that I was entirely wrong in all these assertions.

Moreover, I am happy to recognise that Lord Alan of Shearer is one of the most preceptive and intelligent commentators on our national sport today.

Premier League predictions: Alan Shearer tips Harry Kane for golden boot

You sacked Bobby Robson who worked miracles with a shit team. You hired Glenn Roeder.
I still don't get that even today.

An old friend of mine supported Newcastle for decades because her dad did. Stuck with them through thick and thin. The Ashley reign was too far though and she walked away. Couldn't stand it any more. Imagine ruining a club to such a degree that it's enough for decades long fans to turn their backs on it.

Newcastle, with the support it has, or once had, should be one of the grand clubs of the Premier League. Instead it has been thoroughly ruined by constant mismanagement over the past twenty odd years. This is why I can't stand the negative nancies who haunt our own fandom. You've only got to look at Newcastle to see how bad things could be.

I still don't get that even today.

An old friend of mine supported Newcastle for decades because her dad did. Stuck with them through thick and thin. The Ashley reign was too far though and she walked away. Couldn't stand it any more. Imagine ruining a club to such a degree that it's enough for decades long fans to turn their backs on it.

Newcastle, with the support it has, or once had, should be one of the grand clubs of the Premier League. Instead it has been thoroughly ruined by constant mismanagement over the past twenty odd years. This is why I can't stand the negative nancies who haunt our own fandom. You've only got to look at Newcastle to see how bad things could be.

Nope. It could be a lot worse. We could be Coventry City fans. I think the point I was making in my earlier post is that Newcastle fans deserve it. All of it.

Nope. It could be a lot worse. We could be Coventry City fans. I think the point I was making in my earlier post is that Newcastle fans deserve it. All of it.
Why?

Because talkSport and 606 say we're deluded?

It's a source of great amusement on Tyneside when Ashley said we can't compete with the finances of Man City. Who the fuck suggested that? We should, at least be able compete with Huddersfield though, or Stoke, or West Brom.

We got pelters from fans of other clubs because we had the temerity to want rid of Pardew, "He got you 5th!" they cry. Well, we did end up 5th that season, but how did we fair before and after, what was Pardew's record breaking runs without a win like, what was his behaviour like? "They hate him because he's a cockney". Did we hate Rob Lee for being a Cockney too? Malcolm Macdonald? Chris Hughton? We don't hate Cockneys, we hate cunts.

The last time any of our lot "expected" top 5 was under Robson, who wasn't fired by the fans, but by the owners. Owners who had completely undermined him by stating this would be his final season. Even 11/12 when we ended up fifth under Pardew we knew it was because we were the beneficiaries of a perfect storm; luck with injuries, incredible purple patch for strikers, other teams having poor seasons (by their standards). And we expected a drop to follow in the following season.

This deluded Geordie tag is as accurate as the claim that all Man Utd fans are from Surrey and Kent, all Chelsea fans arrived in 2003, Woolwich fans are all like Woolwich Fan TV, all Spurs fans are obsessed with Woolwich and being thought a "big club".

It's cliched horseshit that belongs on the pages of whatever blog Richard Keys is writing for now.

I honestly think there's an enmity between fans of clubs that have, in my lifetime anyway, been close enough to the top table to have ambition, but far enough away that they're disappointed. Aston Villa, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, we're all "big clubs", with a good sized fanbase, a proud history, and the potential to grow further. We've had chances of winning the title (Everton actually won it twice and Villa once) and we've had chances to win domestic cups. And we've, at times, competed for the same spots just away from the top table. With that will obviously come a competitive rivalry and as the fortunes of each club waxes and wanes so shifts the bragging rights. Right now, you and Everton can legitimately crow, while ourselves and Villa cannot. Fast forward 10 years and the roles could well be reversed (though I doubt it unless the stars align for either club).

I just think it's daft to believe cliches about fanbases that are, at best, out of date, if not wholly inaccurate in the first place.

Once you sit down with fans of any club, there'll be as many good lads as there are bellends. Except with Millwall. Fuck those guys.

tl;dr

I would far rather have Sheffield Wednesday, A Leeds United, A Nottingham Forest, An Ipswich, A Coventry City back in the top flight than you lot. They'd appreciate it.

Your club is a constant source of amusement because it's in your DNA. It has very little to do with who owns it. Newcastle is a goldfish bowl where no decent footballer wants to live. Even Benitez can't stand the idea of actually living in the city. You will always be a stepping stone club or a place where footballers can't be arsed because, lets face it, who would go there for anything other than a fat paycheck. Your fans aren't the 11th man, they're oppressive.

I reply because I've been told ignoring someone is rude.

Do you think that Newcastle United don't have an impressive history when stacked up against other English clubs? I mean in terms of major honours only 8 clubs surpass us.

Did you report this fascist offence to the police? Or to a reporter or anything? I mean it's illegal to throw up the Nazi salute and it's clearly upset you, so I would have thought it behoves you to report it. It's weird because Newcastle has a decent sized Jewish community and the jewish friends I have, have never mentioned seeing or hearing anti semitic stuff at the ground. I mean, there definitely are going to be scumbags at St James', just like there will definitely be scumbags at Anfield, at the Hawthorns and yes, even at White Hart Lane, but I've not seen Nazi salutes, or heard fascist chants in Newcastle.

Why do you think we "belong" outside the top flight?

So it's my fault for not reporting it

Not the fault of your fans for doing it

On the level of Chav fans hissing at us simulating the gas chambers

I have relatives in Wallsend so have had to take my nephew to St James Park many years ago cringing when your fans racially abused a Leicester player, calling him a chocolate drop and throwing bananas at him

Suppose that's Leicester's fault for playing him

Why do you think you belong in the top flight?

I suppose it's all Ashley's fault

The man who saved you from bankruptcy

Never your fault is it

Makes you sound like the average Scouser

Yes, that bad

This Fish This Fish

Mike Ashley is hilarious. I hope he owns your club/you support his plaything for years to come. He makes NUFC the laughing stock that keeps on giving.

You need a wake up call. Your club was ridiculous before Ashley. You sacked Bobby Robson who worked miracles with a shit team. You hired Glenn Roeder. You sold Scott Parker and replaced him with Alan Smith. All before Ashley, my poor deluded friend.

One more thing, I see right through your "I don't want the world, I only want a proper, well run club again" shtick. I know what you 'Toon' fans are really like. You are the most entitled, whiney, deluded fans in the country, behind Liverpool fans, obviously. The difference is that they remember their club being successful. Nobody alive has seen Newcastle be a successful team. I don't forget how you thought you were too good for Sam Allardyce.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for your club's current predicament. In fact I am enjoying it enormously.

Well said Sir

:adesalute:

Agree with all of that but don't forget what those inbreds did to Chrissy Hughton

One of the games' truly good guys

So it's my fault for not reporting it

Not the fault of your fans for doing it

On the level of Chav fans hissing at us simulating the gas chambers

I have relatives in Wallsend so have had to take my nephew to St James Park many years ago cringing when your fans racially abused a Leicester player, calling him a chocolate drop and throwing bananas at him

Suppose that's Leicester's fault for playing him

Why do you think you belong in the top flight?

I suppose it's all Ashley's fault

The man who saved you from bankruptcy

Never your fault is it

Makes you sound like the average Scouser

Yes, that bad
I didn't say it was your fault for not reporting it, I said you should report it because that shouldn't be tolerated and I registered my surprise as anti-semitism isn't an issue I'd expect to hear at a club with a good sized jewish community and an issue that Jewish friends of mine haven't discussed with me.

When did you hear the racial abuse at St James'? I've not heard any for decades, thankfully.

Why does my club "belong" in the top flight? Well there's no club with a divine right to play in England's top division, not us, not you, not even Manchester United or Liverpool. But clubs like them, yours and mine are global brands, are well attended, are trophied and have a proud history. We've had some exceptional footballers ply their trade in our colours, stretching way back* We've a top manager, a large well attended stadium, a decent training complex, the infrastructure, the renown, the... The only thing that is holding us back is our owner.

*Even in my lifetime I've seen one of the world's best strikers pull on the black and white of Newcastle (Shearer), I've seen one of the most underrated players deftly dance past defenders (Beardsley), and so on. You've had greats in the past too, but your time is now. In Alli, Dembele, Kane, you've a young squad of exceptional players. And because you're a big club you can keep hold of them, in a way we couldn't when our own starlets came through; Gascoigne, Waddle, Carroll, Gibson...

tl;dr you should report those at fault, the Nazi salute is abhorrent and illegal. No club has a divine right, but we've everything in place to compete at the top level, bar a competent owner.

tl;dr

I would far rather have Sheffield Wednesday, A Leeds United, A Nottingham Forest, An Ipswich, A Coventry City back in the top flight than you lot. They'd appreciate it.

Your club is a constant source of amusement because it's in your DNA. It has very little to do with who owns it. Newcastle is a goldfish bowl where no decent footballer wants to live. Even Benitez can't stand the idea of actually living in the city. You will always be a stepping stone club or a place where footballers can't be arsed because, lets face it, who would go there for anything other than a fat paycheck. Your fans aren't the 11th man, they're oppressive.

I mean that's utter nonsense, but you crack on mate. Benitez has spoken warmly and often about the city. The city is stunning and not a parochial town like Middlesbrough or Stoke. We are a stepping stone right now, and will be as long as Ashley owns us, but as with every club on the planet, there's always a bigger fish. Tell me, with Walker going to City, does that make you a stepping stone?

Have you ever been to Newcastle, or are you one of these people who think anywhere north of Watford is like going beyond the Wall?

You can't put Freddy Shepherd and Dennis Wise in charge and expect sympathy.
We had the same issues. When we had poison like Kemsley as part of the senior management we got everything we deserved.

I didn't say it was your fault for not reporting it, I said you should report it because that shouldn't be tolerated and I registered my surprise as anti-semitism isn't an issue I'd expect to hear at a club with a good sized jewish community and an issue that Jewish friends of mine haven't discussed with me.

When did you hear the racial abuse at St James'? I've not heard any for decades, thankfully.

Why does my club "belong" in the top flight? Well there's no club with a divine right to play in England's top division, not us, not you, not even Manchester United or Liverpool. But clubs like them, yours and mine are global brands, are well attended, are trophied and have a proud history. We've had some exceptional footballers ply their trade in our colours, stretching way back* We've a top manager, a large well attended stadium, a decent training complex, the infrastructure, the renown, the... The only thing that is holding us back is our owner.

*Even in my lifetime I've seen one of the world's best strikers pull on the black and white of Newcastle (Shearer), I've seen one of the most underrated players deftly dance past defenders (Beardsley), and so on. You've had greats in the past too, but your time is now. In Alli, Dembele, Kane, you've a young squad of exceptional players. And because you're a big club you can keep hold of them, in a way we couldn't when our own starlets came through; Gascoigne, Waddle, Carroll, Gibson...

tl;dr you should report those at fault, the Nazi salute is abhorrent and illegal. No club has a divine right, but we've everything in place to compete at the top level, bar a competent owner.

You clearly have too much time on your hands

Try carpet bowls

No need to reply to this and I won't think you rude

Just go away

:dembelefingers::avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom