The Neymar Debate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly my thoughts.

There are shadowy figures in Neymar's life currently. And it all points to that World Cup.

He quite obviously wants to be back at Barcelona.

Quite ludicrously he's effectively imprisoned himself with this deal - the Qataris won't give a fuck who he is or how famous he is.

He's more likely to end up dead than them letting him walk away.

Quite ludicrously he's effectively imprisoned himself with this deal - the Qataris won't give a fuck who he is or how famous he is.

He's more likely to end up dead than them letting him walk away.
Exactly my thoughts. I imagine those tears are from someone who has suddenly realised he's sold his soul and realised exactly what the Qatari's expect of him. It's shameful how he's been advised.

It's 5 years away. He's fucked.

Perfectly healthy man regrets earning £500K a week to play football in first world country.

On most measures of happiness, once you are free of the threat of starvation or war, there is very little correlation between money and how happy you are. Suicide rates are as high among the rich as the poor - yet modern society keeps trying to push the idea that material wealth = success at life.

Oh well, Neymar will just have go about playing Ligue Un football and have baguettes thrown at him whilst earning €500k pw. Also living in the hell hole that is Paris, my heart bleeds for him. Still should in theory walk the League there so he’ll have a good medal haul in the long run.

Last edited:
Oh well, Neymar will just have go about playing Ligue Un football and have baguettes thrown at him whilst earning €500k pw. Also living in the hell hole that is Paris, my heart bleeds for him. Still should in theory walk the League there so he’ll have a good medal haul in the long run.

Hopefully Kane, Alli, et al are taking note of all this

On most measures of happiness, once you are free of the threat of starvation or war, there is very little correlation between money and how happy you are. Suicide rates are as high among the rich as the poor - yet modern society keeps trying to push the idea that material wealth = success at life.
It’s bullshit. Having money doesn’t automatically mean happiness- it does mean you can be miserable in comfort though.

I think wealth though is very important because of stress, you only have to known people in significant financial difficultly to see how much an emotional and sometimes physical toll it is on them.

Money gives you security and choice, that on its own doesn’t make happiness.

I can tell you now that I’d be a hell of a lot happier if I had the option to quit my job at any time and do whatever the fuck I wanted!

Nothing to do with the material goods I could buy, just the security and freedom that would give would be immense.

I doubt he has the mental capacity to think about just walking away, leading a simple life on his fantastic wealth, out of the public eye. He wouldn't know what to do with himself - I suspect a lot of footballers/sportsmen would be the same - all they've done is play sport and compete.
If he's not been railroaded into the move by the greasy businessmen propping up PSG - then he needs to stop being a sap and deal with it.
In his position I'd either quit, play shit on a regular basis or feign injury if I was feeling that bad.
Cunt needs to speak to Bale to see how its done.

Thought he was crying because Tite defended him?

I think it's quite evident that is exactly what has happened. Within days of signing he was already back in Barcelona hanging around with Messi, Suarez and Pique. He doesn't want to be in Paris.
What evidence do you have to corroborate this theory, Ed?

Back
Top Bottom