The Neymar Debate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Babies normally stop crying when they see the Tite
giphy.gif

I think wealth though is very important because of stress, you only have to known people in significant financial difficultly to see how much an emotional and sometimes physical toll it is on them.

Money gives you security and choice, that on its own doesn’t make happiness.

Yeah, and worst still for people who can't do anything about it. If you're healthy and able you can always just work harder to get more money to ensure you have enough, but some people with major disability or illness can't and so on top of their situation they often have a lot of stress about how to survive. Ironically these are the people who have the higher costs of living because of their needs, yet often have the lowest income, and when those needs aren't met and you don't have capacity to do anything about it, that's where money genuinely could buy happiness.

I think it's true though that if you can meet your basic needs, food, warmth, safety, medical care, you don't need much more. You need some kind of social interaction to stay happy as well, some kind of connection with the world. Most people can get that easily and don't even consider it, but again if your sick or disabled then you can't always get that and money can help enable that too.

I find it hard to listen to footballers complain about their privileged lives. I'd give anything just to be able to play football for free in the park. Or just to be able to go for a short walk. Even a garden I could sit in with some sunlight would massively improve my quality of life. Don't need no super yachts, mansions, sparkly earrings or any of that bullshit though. Nice to have I'm sure but you don't need that sort of stuff to make a person happy, you really only need basics.

Here endeth the lesson.

Neymar seems like a right spoilt bastard.
Kind of kid whod have the only decent leather football, and take it home when he was upset. You all know the kind.

The kind of kid who’d make up the third so you could play tip and run cricket, but would demand first bat. Then would stay in for hours and when you get him out would fuck off home

Kind of kid whod have the only decent leather football, and take it home when he was upset. You all know the kind.

The kind of kid who’d make up the third so you could play tip and run cricket, but would demand first bat. Then would stay in for hours and when you get him out would fuck off home

The kind of kid who'd happily accept £300m to endorse a tournament in 5 years time, but would take the money up front and want to cancel the contract after a few weeks.

The kind of kid that played cricket and went off crying when you stabbed him with the stumps.
Proper wee knob.

Yeah I know the kind, my mates hated it when I did that. Good times.

Apparently was spoken to by the ref at the weekend for trying to get past a couple of defenders with a rainbow flick. Ref told him to stop showing off and when Neymar argued, he was booked.

Now I know Neymar can be a cunt, but the referee scolding him for being good? Fuck that.

Apparently was spoken to by the ref at the weekend for trying to get past a couple of defenders with a rainbow flick. Ref told him to stop showing off and when Neymar argued, he was booked.

Now I know Neymar can be a cunt, but the referee scolding him for being good? Fuck that.
Heard it reported on American radio (station that covers exclusively world football) that when Neymar complained the ref not only booked him but told him to speak French.

Heard it reported on American radio (station that covers exclusively world football) that when Neymar complained the ref not only booked him but told him to speak French.
The ref booked him after telling him to stop embarrassing the other team.

As he was leaving the pitch he shouted at the 4th official in Portuguese and he told him to speak French.

(according to the 2 podcasts I heard it on).

Footballing wise he's a top-players, yes....but doing his customary blatant dive in a meaningless friendly: Yuk!

...but from this point of view, it actually looks like a penalty so I won't blame the ref...

Footballing wise he's a top-players, yes....but doing his customary blatant dive in a meaningless friendly: Yuk!

...but from this point of view, it actually looks like a penalty so I won't blame the ref...

Neymar’s « diving » instincts probably saved him there. That’s a dangerous tackle which could’ve ended bad for both players had Neymar not jump and/or defender pull back his leg.

The way the Japanese(?) player’s leg went, I would’ve suspected a torn knee ligament there.

Neymar’s « diving » instincts probably saved him there. That’s a dangerous tackle which could’ve ended bad for both players had Neymar not jump and/or defender pull back his leg.

The way the Japanese(?) player’s leg went, I would’ve suspected a torn knee ligament there.
It was the Japanese (?) player pulling out from the tackle that saved Neymar, as he then was nowhere near Neymar (but not sure how it went with the legs of that defender)

Back
Top Bottom