The Neymar Debate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this talk about Neymar and I haven't seen anyone mention his 600 or 700k per weekly salary.

I don't fucking care how good he is or isn't, he's not worth that. Not even close. Neymar doesn't want to leave PSG because he knows it will be a stretch to earn even half as much elsewhere.

So is Maddison

Looks like we've come full circle :thumbup:
Indeed. But Neymar is better than Maddison.

I don't want Neymar but it appears people don't think he's a good player, which is pretty off the mark.

His histrionics are a nightmare, I agree.

But you better get used to it, we have Richarlison now. The new Taricco.

Indeed. But Neymar is better than Maddison.

I don't want Neymar but it appears people don't think he's a good player, which is pretty off the mark.

His histrionics are a nightmare, I agree.

But you better get used to it, we have Richarlison now. The new Taricco.

Neymar is better than Maddison but Maddison comes with far less baggage, Neymar's been at PSG for 5 years and hasn't even played 100 matches in the league yet, you can't rely on him - he's a sideshow, how can you build a team around that?

And no-one said he isn't a good player, cut the hyperbole, he obviously is, we are debating whether he would be a good fit for the team, for the manager - I'd argue he isn't.

It's a moot argument anyway, we're not signing fucking Neymar and Neymar isn't coming to us, time to stop dreaming.

It's fucking silly. Not even worth the time spent talking about it.

Does anyone actually think we're signing Neymar? I thought it was just a discussion thread for him, obviously he's never coming to Spurs .. for about fifty different reasons. I know Andy Sinton Andy Sinton said he'd improve us massively, but I thought that was just a reaction to the silly 'he's not very good' talk going on more than actually expecting him to join.

Does anyone actually think we're signing Neymar? I thought it was just a discussion thread for him, obviously he's never coming to Spurs .. for about fifty different reasons. I know Andy Sinton Andy Sinton said he'd improve us massively, but I thought that was just a reaction to the silly 'he's not very good' talk going on more than actually expecting him to join.
Indeed. He's on 500k a week for starters.

It's a debate on his merit.

There's a thread on Messi too, but we aren't signing him either.

If we can't get Salah, I say go for it. :nunothumb:

Neymar's feud with Mbappe continues.

That clip of Mbappe giving up and abandoning his run is disgraceful. But PSG's problem is that the coach doesn't dare reprimand him, and neither do his teammates. Another clusterfuck of a club.

Keane or Souness would have headbutted Mbappe on the pitch.

Brian Cough or Fergie would have kicked him across the changing room.

That clip of Mbappe giving up and abandoning his run is disgraceful. But PSG's problem is that the coach doesn't dare reprimand him, and neither do his teammates. Another clusterfuck of a club.
It's because Mbappe is French, the face of French football, and playing for the biggest team in France.

When those dynamics are in place, a player is pretty much untouchable.

Back
Top Bottom