The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chatting with someone Saturday am at the Park Run (yeah, blatant I know, I can run)

I knew she and her husband are big footie fans (she's Ipswich, he's Wolves, pity they live in Brighton). So anyway I asked her as I'm gasping for breath after the run, have they seen any games so far this season?

Oh yes. And indeed we've got some this weekend. 4 FA Vase games and then Lewes Ladies. WTF?

:pochwtf:

Having said what I said, & having read your post & agreeing, what I will say, is, the reason that they ended up in the NL in the first place, was because of two crooks, who took ownership of the club under false pretences. Their sole objective was to destroy the club, both on & off the pitch, just so that they could then bulldoze the ground & make millions building on it.

Which was evil.
Difference being is that they are not state-owned human atrocity owners. They are people with money who want to take a small club into the big-time. Nothing wrong with that, plenty have tried and lost a lot of money, these guys seem to be doing it right so far.

If you get a chance this season go out and support your local non league club.

The people I have met over time who volunteer often literally make football their life. Salt of the earth. Life’s good guys.

Have noticed a few more older faces passing away the last few years and their commitments to their local communities are difficult to replace.

At a time when spurs are charging mental money and professional footballers are earning more than most people can dream about it’s good to think about the little guy.

Every £10, £20, £100 is really appreciated in the non league game.

Support your local (non league) club if you get a chance!!

:contepray::ange-pray:

Saw 4 goals at The Walks. Lynn in total control for about 70 minutes. A few gilt edge chances spurned. A couple of pints on the terrace. Away manager booked, home manager on his arse after slipping over returning the ball. Stand where you want. Left home at 2.10 got back at 5.40.

Cracking. Shame about the weather.

Went to King's Lynn's first 2 league home games and the 1-1 against Hereford was dreadful fare. There just didn't seem to be any plan on how to score / win the games. Then they lost 3-1 away to Curzon Ashton, so I decided to give last Saturday at home a miss. They won 3-1. Away this week, so I may give them another watch next weekend against Southport, who happen to be the team I first saw them play against 40 years ago or so!

Last edited:
Just seen Enfield Town lost to Cray Valley Paper Mills. Who the f*** are they?

And… our friends from Marine have made it through to the First Round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom