The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching Football Focus and so sad to see how the community suffers from the loss of a club.
Small clubs tend to do loads for their communities and run teams, training, camps etc that give kids at all levels chances to play sport and get off the streets. There are 5 reasonable non league clubs really close to me and they all have junior sections, women’s teams at all age levels etc - god knows how none of them have gone bust.

Tomorrow, my "other" team, Blackpool (yes i know....) are away to Eastbourne Borough in the FA Cup and sadly no one can attend.
So far Pool fans have raised over 1k in donations to EBFC and in return they have agreed to display BFC flags in the ground.
What football is all about.

Looking to turn them into a global force!

You can't help but think they may have underestimated the size of the task? Qatar and Abu Dhabi haven't managed to win the Champions League yet. That is BILLIONS of dollars and breaking the rules, and they still haven't achieved their ultimate goal.

On another note, King's Lynn have been drawn away at Portsmouth in the 2nd round of the FA Cup.
Come on You Linnets!

Airfixx Airfixx - Canvey Island vs Tottenham is a looming possibility. They have been drawn against Boreham Wood. The Championship and the Prem come in to the draw in the next round!

You can't help but think they may have underestimated the size of the task? Qatar and Abu Dhabi haven't managed to win the Champions League yet. That is BILLIONS of dollars and breaking the rules, and they still haven't achieved their ultimate goal.

On another note, King's Lynn have been drawn away at Portsmouth in the 2nd round of the FA Cup.
Come on You Linnets!

Airfixx Airfixx - Canvey Island vs Tottenham is a looming possibility. They have been drawn against Boreham Wood. The Championship and the Prem come in to the draw in the next round!

Yeh, I saw that..... Happy days! Big up The Gulls!

Last time.... :dier:

Been a life member for many years, last week I became a shareholder in Wealdstone.

AgileMaleCuttlefish-max-1mb.gif

Great initiative. I'm going to try to get to Lynn v Stones tomorrow. £20 for a general standing ticket! I know how to pick my teams don't I!?
It is a great idea, especially as it's a mid week game.

Stones games are normally £15 for a ticket, standing or if you're quick a seat, although I always stand behind the goal at the 'Bulla End'.

Anyone with a ST for any other club can get a concession ticket (£10) to get into Stones, if a home fan.

If you 18-23 years old you get in for £8.

Wealdstone are really trying to entice the next gen of supporter.

I coached football for Romford Borough Youth for 10 years ,eventually working my way up to Romford FC running the reserves with a mate, we had some cracking games, thumping Chelmsford and Hornchurch was a highlight.
I did my FA badges with West Ham and Chelsea ( Spurs wasn't doing them at the time)

From Marine FC Chairman…

Good Evening,

I write this the week following our promotion from Step 8 to Step 7 of the football pyramid – promotion in our first season since our famous FA Cup run. I would like to thank all virtual ticket buyers who have helped completely transform our proud club over the last 18 months. The transition has been immense, and we are on a journey.

Our crowds have increased from an average of 400 to an average of 1,200. We have spent £250k completely renovating our clubrooms. We are investing £500k into a new 3G pitch which is being constructed as we speak and will be finished in time for the new season. This has all meant our revenues have increased dramatically from where they were, and we can compete on a completely different scale compared with pre-Covid. Further to that, our community engagement and activities have increased in a big way supporting many different groups within our local area.

We aren’t stopping there though and have plans to grow the fan base further. Plans to increase the revenues further. To grow our community efforts further. To expand our stadium capacity. We have transformed the structure of the club with the appointment of a General Manager, Community Director who are helping to drive the club forward along with our great manager, Neil Young who really is the best in the business. We are looking for more businesses to get involved in our newly formed Exec Club. If there are any people or businesses out there who want to help push us forward as a club please e-mail me on [email protected]. I will work with every person or business to see how each wants to get involved.

The last 18 months has been a blur. Mad off the pitch and mad on it. This season has been excellent. We got to the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, playing billionaire owned Wrexham who were 3 levels above us. We were 1-0 up and seconds away from reaching the 1st round proper for the 2nd time in 28 years (the other was last season!) when unfortunately, we conceded a late free kick and subsequently lost the replay. It didn’t detract though from another excellent FA Cup run. In the league we achieved promotion through the play-offs. A Neil Kengni (who hit the crossbar against Spurs) hat-trick sent us through from the play-off semi-final followed by a play-off final win last Saturday against Runcorn Linnets. The scenes at the end were incredible and will live me forever. The celebrations after the goals and post-match can be found on the following link;

I have attached some photographs of our club now. It is a great place to be and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for your support which has changed our world. I am sure most of you will be aware but we have installed a Virtual Wall at the stadium containing the names of the 32,202 people who purchased a virtual ticket. Feel free to come to the club at any time to see it and introduce yourself.

Feel free to get in touch with me direct with any questions

Wishing everyone a great summer and look forward to hopefully seeing you next season.

Many Thanks,

James Leary

CEO

Marine FC

Back
Top Bottom