The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Match i went to yesterday was rubbish tbh, Daisy Hill 1-6 Charnock Richard. The away team had a player sent off for a shocking challenge. It was reduced admission, 3 quid. But annoyingly for me, No programme or team sheet.

Just seen that a team in the league I’m involved in at Step 5 have signed an old Tottenham youth player.

Terry Dixon who has massive problems with his knees and never made it at the top level. Was once our “next big thing”.

Getting a bit old now but still be interested to see how he gets on at Baldock.

Great start to the new season for the mighty Stones!!
EBEVxBnXkAAx5B_

Dean Brennan spoke to Dec O'Reilly after a convincing opening victory against Dartford in the National League South.

Do any of you follow non league football at all? Go down the local club when Spurs are away and you can't go or it's an international break? Interested to know which teams you follow, if you do.

I'm a life member of Wealdstone, but haven't been to see them for a couple of years sadly. Always a great day with fierce support. I can remember an away game at Harrow Borough where the Wealdstone away support outnumbered the Borough home support!! :wansum:

So any fellow non leaguers?

(I did look for a non league thread, but there had been no posts on it for 3 years, so started this one)
Hi who do I speak to about auctioning a spurs shirt with some old and new players for a friend who recently passed

Daylight at the top of the league...

My non league team are top of the other region in that league. Promoted this season too. Not sure there's enough support for them to go up and go pro however. I suspect most teams in the conference are professional now aren't they?

My non league team are top of the other region in that league. Promoted this season too. Not sure there's enough support for them to go up and go pro however. I suspect most teams in the conference are professional now aren't they?
Most Conference clubs are pro now.

Wealdstone have been making big plans and getting things in place for a move into that league. New directors have been brought in, 14 players were bought for the first team this season. They're going for it.

Most Conference clubs are pro now.

Wealdstone have been making big plans and getting things in place for a move into that league. New directors have been brought in, 14 players were bought for the first team this season. They're going for it.
An entire new first team and 3 subs and they've clicked from the off. That's impressive going.

Can't see the lower league teams and non league teams being happy with The Fa potentially taking away from a non league weekend.

Following a record-breaking opening weekend in the 2019-20 Barclays FA Women's Super League, The FA has today announced plans for the first Women’s Football Weekend, with 16-17 November set to be another landmark moment in the growing popularity of the women’s game.

With the men’s international weekend creating a pause in the Premier League and EFL calendars, The FA are calling on supporters to capitalise on the opportunity to back Women’s Football Weekend and to attend a women’s match at any level in the pyramid on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 November.

The announcement of the weekend, that will become an annual event, follows just days after a momentous 24 hours in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League, as more than 62,000 supporters attended opening-day fixtures.

Normally get to a few Dulwich hamlet pre season games in the warm period. Good crowd good booze and s good friendly atmosphere with no trouble - even against big local rivals Millwall. Not been for a while but probably have a look before the seasons out. COYH

Back
Top Bottom