The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

''and so my behaviour today really isn't that out of the ordinary at all.

Officer.'
Exactly, I'm referring them straight to that post. :dembelelol:

I live near Knebworth, so I can guarantee some kind of game will be going on when i walk through the sports ground there.

I go down to Chesham who have had a pretty poor start to the season. They play at Southern league level though not for much longer if they don't start racking up some points!

Think Gaz on the previous page might remember a game at St Albans in the fog, over 3000 in the ground and a terrific 1-1 draw. That was the first season I followed them and they were quite a team nearly quarter of a century ago!

St Albans fortunes have improved, Chesham just don't have the following but they occasionally impress.

Feels like a long time ago but about 2-3 seasons back they went on a run and won at Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup, a team 70+ places above them and that was a tremendous day. Sadly you don't get too many of those days in non league .

I go down to Chesham who have had a pretty poor start to the season. They play at Southern league level though not for much longer if they don't start racking up some points!

Think Gaz on the previous page might remember a game at St Albans in the fog, over 3000 in the ground and a terrific 1-1 draw. That was the first season I followed them and they were quite a team nearly quarter of a century ago!

St Albans fortunes have improved, Chesham just don't have the following but they occasionally impress.

Feels like a long time ago but about 2-3 seasons back they went on a run and won at Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup, a team 70+ places above them and that was a tremendous day. Sadly you don't get too many of those days in non league .

oh yes, i was there, Steve Clark got 'us' an equaliser. throughout that era there were some great fixtures. The 'tree' was still there too
(I played against Chesham once when they had Tony Currie playing)

Orient were the first team I ever went to see play, so I've always had a soft spot for them.

I was at the League 1 play-off final that they lost on penalties to Rotherham a few years ago. It's utterly crazy. They lose that shoot-out and then got relegated twice in the following two seasons and fell out of the football league. If they'd won that shoot-out it could have all been very, very different.

Used to go to Stevenage in the 80s with my dad and a mate.
Literally used to play football just behind the goal and when it went on the pitch the goalie would kick it back.

These days do a lot of coaching work with a localish club at step 5. Takes up most of my spare time tbh.

Twitter

Football for a fiver has paid off, its sold out today!

Free pint for the first 1500 in the gates, then spend another 50quid in two hours cos you have got the taste lol

Must make sure I get served by different people lol

Whopp whoop!!

Still in the hunt.

Wealdstone-League-Table.jpg

Well that's ironic - my local Clapton FC is being hosted at various grounds and switching their fixtures because of some problems with sorting out their place at Spotted Dog.

Back
Top Bottom