The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wealdstone have a budget enhancing initiative, called Stones Share. £5 per week for one share in the club capped at 40 weeks for 40 shares. Weekly and monthly draws too within that time.

a05ab4_69f0ef91778a403195efedcc1369ae3e~mv2.webp

:wansum:

Went to my first match since March today. Walton & Hersham. About 100+ fans in. Warm evening. No masks required. 9-0 FT. Decent football... although I could be blinded by so long without it...

My old local non league club are apparently getting their first league game broadcast on BT Sport!

I didn't even realise they had been granted promotion to the conference. Last I had read was that the league campaign was null and void and that there was to be no promotion and relegation.

Just watching Football Focus and so sad to see how the community suffers from the loss of a club.
Small clubs tend to do loads for their communities and run teams, training, camps etc that give kids at all levels chances to play sport and get off the streets. There are 5 reasonable non league clubs really close to me and they all have junior sections, women’s teams at all age levels etc - god knows how none of them have gone bust.

Going to my local club today Hitchin Town. Old school ground. Capacity restricted to 600 but they don't often go over that anyway. Sunny shining open terrace. Football is properly back!

Last warm evening for 2020 ... went to Bedfont Sports near Heathrow ... great little club with a nice stadium and proper clubhouse. Had beer on draft throughout served in proper glasses too. Felt like a treat given the mess we’re in with COVID. Only problem was my team Lewes FC were utter shite. Highly recommended although I realise Bedfont is not local to many here.

We should be careful about putting folks on pedestals, but Reynolds always struck me as Good People. I'd be unsurprised if he was both serious and in for the long haul.

He also seems to be fairly canny at business.

Last edited:
Actually really interesting and difficult what's going on right now in non-league. Obviously they all need people through the gates at these levels. My understanding is that Step 3 - e.g The Southern League and everything below that is allowed crowds and I can see some clubs are really benefiting from that as people who can't go elsewhere want a football fix and want to stay local. They could really gain.
In the National League and National League North/South though they can't have crowds. They are in an impossible situation. Noone wants to watch that on tv. Something has to be done because otherwise they all fold.

Actually really interesting and difficult what's going on right now in non-league. Obviously they all need people through the gates at these levels. My understanding is that Step 3 - e.g The Southern League and everything below that is allowed crowds and I can see some clubs are really benefiting from that as people who can't go elsewhere want a football fix and want to stay local. They could really gain.
In the National League and National League North/South though they can't have crowds. They are in an impossible situation. Noone wants to watch that on tv. Something has to be done because otherwise they all fold.
Absolutely. Applies well into the proper leagues too. I have a soft spot for Crawley and they’re fucked financially. Owner is pouring what money he can into them to keep them afloat. We have to let normal life return, protect the vulnerable and get the full economy of life going again. We’re letting an incompetent bunch of idealistically challenged twats destroy our culture and life.

Back
Top Bottom