The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone here seen much of Southport in the National League North?
Of no use to you, but I remember one of my first live games at my local club King's Lynn against Southport.
My PE teacher was player manager.
I distinctly remember one of the "crowds" chants which was..
"With a nick knack paddy whack, give the dog a bone. Why don't Southport fuck off home". Which was hilarious to a prepubescent boy.

Incidentally Lynn are on BT Sport later against Yeovil in their opening game of the season. First season ever at conference level I believe.

Enjoyed another non league ground today. Colliers Wood FC. Tiny club but very friendly. I have to say I’m enjoying my non league football a lot this season. Shame more people aren’t going.

Actually really interesting and difficult what's going on right now in non-league. Obviously they all need people through the gates at these levels. My understanding is that Step 3 - e.g The Southern League and everything below that is allowed crowds and I can see some clubs are really benefiting from that as people who can't go elsewhere want a football fix and want to stay local. They could really gain.
In the National League and National League North/South though they can't have crowds. They are in an impossible situation. Noone wants to watch that on tv. Something has to be done because otherwise they all fold.
The National League South game between Hungerford and Chippenham was fun, a couple of the goals were corkers. The stream was a bit crappy but they have promised to sort it out by the next game. It was a much better watch than a pointless international friendly.

Been to the last couple of Chesham home games, the first saw over 500 in the ground, then a midweek of 370 people, would say they're about 100 up on their average, shame both games were 0-0!! 4 games in and they've only let a single goal in, they've only scored 3 goals however, so I can't be selling it on entertainment value!!

Come On You Stones!!
EknN2g6XIAAcEMH

Interesting article from my local club on the split of Lottery money donated to the National League. Greed spreading to the lower leagues...

Naah, after a 100 years,bad directorship and non payment of rent they now play in Plaistow.A breakaway club Clapton Community FC formed and now play at the spotted dog and have bought the tenancy.

Are you confused? Good! Coz i was :)
Lol

Are the so called “ultras” affiliated with either team, or have they gone?

Come On You Stones!!
EknN2g6XIAAcEMH

Interesting article from my local club on the split of Lottery money donated to the National League. Greed spreading to the lower leagues...
Hold up....

Who are the real Stones!?

Back
Top Bottom